have u guys ever done anything this embarassing?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.Brown1114

I was at woodmans and i saw this black girl with BEAUTIFUL long silky hair:lick:. OBVIOUSLY it was weave so i asked her where she bought it from and when she turned around she was indian!! it was hers!! i told her i was very sorry but she still gave an icy stare and a cold smile. i can usually tell the difference between indian dark skin and black ppls dark skin so idk what was going on there but if my mama didnt drag me out of the store i would have fooled around and asked her if she shaves her head and if she did could i have first dibs on the tracks!!

PS. im apart of a website that gives you up to 70% off of name brand clothing but its invitation only and i got one because i like to thnk i'm fabulous so if you want an invite just give me your email adress in your post. they have sales everyday at 12pm and last for 36 hours but its first come first serve so u gotta be quick :yawn:

um, no. I think you win the embarrass yourself award..ahem..all by yourself. I've never asked anyone where they bought their hair from?? Really?? So I guess if you did see an African American woman with hair as beautiful as the East Indian lady, you would have assumed it was a weave too? You should check out the numerous African American women on LHCF with long gorgeous hair..

I think she assumed it was a weave because of the shine/texture. Most black women don't have the thick shiny individual strands that many Indian women do. A lot of black women have finer strands, so while I might not have said it to the woman, I'd probably think it.

umm....nope :rolleyes::ohwell:

I'm just not that bold..being on this forum has showed me that black woman can have long thick hair. Even if I was 100% sure I wouldn't approach a complete stranger and ask something like that.

Last edited:
no ma'am.............i've neva been the type to jst walts up to a female and ask where did she "buy" her tresses from :nono:
I know how i'd feel if someone were to roll up on me like that, so i refrain form doing it to others........but that's jst me *Kanye shrug*

If I felt her hair was fake i'd probably jst think it to myself.

I don't see the big deal about asking people where they buy there hair from *shrugs* as long as its done in good taste :yep:

LOL at the OP :lol: TECHNICALLY she was right to assume that th girl was wearing a weave. If she thought the individual was black... and then she see's the (what she believes to be) Indian Remy.. it's not that far of a stretch :lol:

I've never embarrassed myself like that OP ... but what I HAVE done once is go up to a girl with a FLY natural fro and say "I love your hair! :love:" She kind of looked at me weird and I thought she was rude and boogie and complained to my friend who let me know that the girl was wearing a weave. She probably would feel like a con artist to say "thank you" :lachen: (I'm so used to seeing beautiful LHCF heads of hair and not used to seeing natural weaves lol)

um, no. I think you win the embarrass yourself award..ahem..all by yourself. I've never asked anyone where they bought their hair from?? Really?? So I guess if you did see an African American woman with hair as beautiful as the East Indian lady, you would have assumed it was a weave too? You should check out the numerous African American women on LHCF with long gorgeous hair..

indians have a different texture than us and i know the diff between a weave and real hair on a black girl. iv been in hair care long enough to know the difference and that slick a-s-s comment was unnececesary. this is a fun thread to share embarrassing moments, not stand on a soap box when no one told ur a-s-s to get up there in the first place. black women in madison act the same its a small city and if she was black she would have told me how much and where she got it from. anything else youd like to say so i can put you in ur place again?

L.Brown,

Don't get mad gur..you asked a question. I answered it. No problem...

Maybe you were trying to be slick by asking the woman if she had a weave in the first place...perhaps you were hating knowing that was the ladies real hair? Perhaps you did need your mother to help you out.

You still win the award though ;-)

Come on yall...no need to get upset and use foul language..OP if you post something just be prepared for all types of answers. This is a public forum with different ladies from all over the world. Not everything that is said will be in your favor. Let's all just remain civil.

What happened to the hair forum? All of a sudden it's considered "hating" to ask a girl if she's wearing a weave? Indian textured hair is different from African textured hair. Point blank. OP I don't believe you were wrong in anyway to ask what you asked if you believed the woman was black. Common yall... *goes to ET board...*

Lol..@icy stare and cold smile...(just had a vision of her whippin' that hair around when you asked her that question)....

Bri,

It may be one thing to ask someone in private if they are wearing a weave...but to ask them in a store...in public...in front of other people?? I would think that person was attempting to embarrass me.. if I wanted someone to know I was wearing a weave, I would keep the price tag on it so folks don't need to ask.

Someone mentioned on this thread that it's the way you ask...I agree..asking someone in front of people if they are wearing a weave isn't good manners. Maybe the woman gave her a cold stare because it was the way she asked the question and where she asked the question. Women can tell when someone isn't being genuine.

P.S Bri,

East Indians have textured hair too. Not all of them have bone straight hair. Some have hair just as kinky as African Americans...India was attached to the continent of Africa at one time. Not all African Americans have kinky hair..our hair texture varies like our skin color, which of course comes in every hue of lucious chocolate.

I agree but I think the point of the thread was totally missed. OP already admitted she was embarrassed :lachen: Shoot.. talk about rubbing salt into the wound :drunk:. This thread is way too serious :look:

Bri,

It may be one thing to ask someone in private if they are wearing a weave...but to ask them in a store...in public...in front of other people?? I would think that person was attempting to embarrass me.. if I wanted someone to know I was wearing a weave, I would keep the price tag on it so folks don't need to ask.

Someone mentioned on this thread that it's the way you ask...I agree..asking someone in front of people if they are wearing a weave isn't good manners. Maybe the woman gave her a cold stare because it was the way she asked the question and where she asked the question. Women can tell when someone isn't being genuine.

I don't see the big deal about asking people where they buy there hair from *shrugs* as long as its done in good taste :yep:
Cause you're different and not many people feel the same way about their hair as you do. I personally would not be offended either if i was in her shoes and someone asked me where I bought my hair. But there are chicks out there who get weaves and fake hair and do everything they can to make it look real JUST so people won't even have to question. That's the point of getting a weave for them, because it IS their hair as far as they're concerned and it would be insulting for someone to ask where they bought it from since they want to give the illusion it's theirs.

Cooky chicks. :spinning:

:funny:

I HAVE mistaken an Indian person for a black person before, but I have never approached anyone asking about a weave (even if I have thought it). I have heard people ask others where they bought their hair from though, but it was usually phrased in a way that was coming from a place of jealousy instead of curiosity, like I assume yours was. It's really bold and I know I'd never do it, but I can't help but laugh at that.

Bri,

My intent wasn't to make it that serious, I guess I was putting myself in that woman's shoes, I didn't see the humor in it.. I've had women ask me if my hair is real and pull it. I've also had women run their fingers through my scalp conducting weave checks... I'll tell a woman if her hair is pretty and I don't care if it's hers or a weave...if she grew it, its hers...if she bought it..well, thats hers to, she paid for it!

@ Frizzy, LOL!!!!!!

Bri,

L.Brown1114 never said she yelled it across the room, she just asked the lady a question. You can talk to someone in public without other people hearing your conversation.

Not all women can tell if someone is being genuine. She made an honest mistake and I really feel that she meant no harm from it.

naturalglory041490 :hug2:

Bri,

My intent wasn't to make it that serious, I guess I was putting myself in that woman's shoes, I didn't see the humor in it.. I've had women ask me if my hair is real and pull it. I've also had women run their fingers through my scalp conducting weave checks... I'll tell a woman if her hair is pretty and I don't care if it's hers or a weave...if she grew it, its hers...if she bought it..well, thats hers to, she paid for it!

@ Frizzy, LOL!!!!!!

Now THAT is NOT funny... :nono:

I agree but I think the point of the thread was totally missed. OP already admitted she was embarrassed :lachen: Shoot.. talk about rubbing salt into the wound :drunk:. This thread is way too serious :look:

L.Brown1114 never said she yelled it across the room, she just asked the lady a question. You can talk to someone in public without other people hearing your conversation.

Not all women can tell if someone is being genuine. She made an honest mistake and I really feel that she meant no harm from it.

Agreed....

L.Brown,

Don't get mad gur..you asked a question. I answered it. No problem...

Maybe you were trying to be slick by asking the woman if she had a weave in the first place...perhaps you were hating knowing that was the ladies real hair? Perhaps you did need your mother to help you out.

You still win the award though ;-)

y would i be jealous of someones hair? jealousy is a sin, i admire and hope to get here one day. i have plenty of resources to get long hair what the heck am i paying 6.50 for then?? and im sure uv won way more embarrassing awards though so ill take this one with pride ;-)

Bri,

i dont remember putting ANYTHING in the OP about me asking her around a lot of ppl. it was just me and her. were u there sweety?? THATS YOU. if u get offended then im sorry ur that and sensitive its not that serious or maybe u should learn to blend ur hair better. I.JUST.SAID.PEOPLE.IN.MADISON.ARE.COOL.AND.DONT.CARE.IF.YOU.ASK. THAT.QUESTION. dang i gotta talk to ppl like 5 year olds

THANK YOU. oh my goodness!! this is why i dont kick it with females now i dont have time for ppl to be gettin in there feelings especially over stuff that didnt even happen to them!!

THANK YOU. oh my goodness!! this is why i dont kick it with females now i dont have time for ppl to be gettin in there feelings especially over stuff that didnt even happen to them!!

LMAO! I like that quote: "gettin in their feelings"
I think I'm gonna start using that.
Either way, OP, I think the fact that you acknowledged you were embarrassed is enough for everyone to know that this was just a funny, harmless thread. You didn't go as far as to pull or run your fingers through, so like I said, it is bold to ask (but you already said it's no big deal where you're from) but I don't think you did anything distasteful.
Don't waste your frustration. Not everyone will understand you, nor will all those who understand you be pleased with everything you say.
I'm just grateful for the laugh.

hahaha yeah i'd be embarrassed too but no biggie. you don't know the woman anyway so you'll probably never see her again. i've never been in that situation before. i'd be wayyy to afraid because i'm from new york and lord knows that some of these women try their best to act like that hair is theirs. i'm not trying to get yelled at, cursed at, or anything of that nature so i'd think it but keep it to myself

also i probably would've thought that it was a weave too because indian straight hair looks different to me than black women's straight hair for the most part and since indians can be as dark as the darkest black person, from behind i might've assumed that the woman was black as well so the hair would've looked out of place to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back