Amla Shampoo and hair growth

dreamgurl

I met an Indian woman at the grocers and her hair was past her bottom. I asked her what kind of shampoo she uses and she said Amla shampoo. Well I know if you go to the Indian store, they will have it, probably more than one brand, so has anyone ever used Amla shampoo, if so, what were the results? Also, what brand was it and can it be bought online?

Carlie

Most Indian women have hair past their bottom and they don't all use Amla Shampoo. It's has to do more w. genetics. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

LuvLiLocks

I saw some Amla shampoo at my local Indian grocer's, I don't remember what brand it is, but I think I am gonna try it out next month, along with some Amla oil. I been hearing great things about them. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I have seen Silkiss and Nyle amla shampoos. I have never used them, though. I think Shikai makes an amla shampoo, too. You can also make your own with amla powder. Either cedarvale.net or fromnaturewithlove.com have recipes.

ChocoKitty

I use Silkiss Amla Shampoo. I really like it--actually I love it! It makes my hair feel stronger and it gets my scalp really clean. I ordered mine from www.naturalplaza.com The Silkiss Shampoo (with Tulsi,Neem and Amla-1000ml).Plus my hair actually looks like the model's when I'm done. No lie--Nice and shiny!

dreamgurl

Does the amla shampoo strip your hair? I asked because two posts say it gets their hair really clean like a clarifying shampoo would. If so what kind of conditioner do you use after shampooing?

ChocoKitty

I follow up with my Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner. Actually I think any moisturizing conditioner will work. It's not extremely drying.

melodee

I don't think Amla is a magic potion that contributes to the growth in all Indians. That's not to say it isn't okay to use. I posted a similar question about Vatika Shampoo.

ChocoKitty

Thanks Poohbear! /images/graemlins/wave.gif I used a Jibere Ceramic Flatiron. At the end of this month I'll be purchasing a Sedu Flatiron.

sengschick

The Bun Master
I have that Dabur Vitka Henna Conditioning Creme Poo. /images/graemlins/down.gif It has Amla oil in it and something else. /images/graemlins/down.gif It made my hair dry. I need a moisturizing poo.

Indian women and other women of different cultures have long hair for all the reasons we discuss here daily. They have healthy hair habits!

a) No heat . Indian women rarely use heat, there's no need. They blowdry sometimes, but not the ones w/long hair.
b) Hydration . They wash their hair regularly (daily) and lock in the moisture w/the use of oils (Amla, Castor, Coconut etc.).
c) Low Manipulation . You don't see Indian women contorting their hair. It's either in a protective style, hanging down or in a clip. They also use scarves and such to cover and protect it from the elements. They typically use Henna to color, so they aren't exposing the hair to ammonia & harsh chemical products.

Jenai

[ QUOTE ]
I use Silkiss Amla Shampoo. I really like it--actually I love it! It makes my hair feel stronger and it gets my scalp really clean. I ordered mine from www.naturalplaza.com The Silkiss Shampoo (with Tulsi,Neem and Amla-1000ml).Plus my hair actually looks like the model's when I'm done. No lie--Nice and shiny!

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered that brand from ishopindian - it does clean well and leaves the hair soft and shiny without stripping it.

lovechic

[ QUOTE ]
Most Indian women have hair past their bottom and they don't all use Amla Shampoo. It's has to do more w. genetics. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ] YEP!

lovechic

[ QUOTE ]
I agree. I've just read about it keeping the roots strong. This prevents premature hair fall.

[/ QUOTE ] YEP AGAIN!