Have we shared our overnight treatment recommendations?

Leshia

I know about olive oil, but what do YOU use for an overnight treatment for extreme moisture?? And don't forget to include if you use a plastic cap, or just a satin scarf...

Hi Leshia,

Ok what I do before I go to bed is, I part my hair is 4 sections. I apply Black N' Sassy Break-Free Overnight treatment to my ends and new growth and my leave-in concotion (tea/distilled water w/ pepermint oil). I add a little Fantasia IC Aloe Enriched hair polisher too (put not too much). I comb all this through, braid it, and use this satin bonnet:

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/sabox.html

For my hot oil treatments on Thursday nights. I use a concotion of carrot oil, EVOO, & Queen Helene's cocoa butter. I boil a cup of water in the microwave and place the bottle of hot oil in the water. I don't let it get too hot (test on wrist). I apply it to my entire scalp and ends. Do the 4 braids again, and I use this conditioner cap overnight:

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/cocapgo.html

I shampoo wash this out Friday night and my hair is well nourished and moisturized. :)

Leshia said:
I know about olive oil, but what do YOU use for an overnight treatment for extreme moisture?? And don't forget to include if you use a plastic cap, or just a satin scarf...

I have used Keracare Humecto Conditioner with a plastic cap as an overnight treatment just to see how good it would work, and it was OK, not that it did anything spectacular. I think it worked better on my relaxed hair.

I bought Carol's Daughter Coconut Mango Pineapple Skin Smoothie and used it as a deep conditioning treatment on my hair. It worked pretty well and the next time I use it, I might use it as an overnight treatment.

I also used Motions CPR Conditioner with extra virgin olive oil as an overnight treatment and I think that this worked the best for me. I barely lost any hair when I rinsed the conditioner out and my hair had alot of slip afterwards.

sugaplum said:
Hi Leshia,

Ok what I do before I go to bed is, I part my hair is 4 sections. I apply Black N' Sassy Break-Free Overnight treatment to my ends and new growth and my leave-in concotion (tea/distilled water w/ pepermint oil). I add a little Fantasia IC Aloe Enriched hair polisher too (put not too much). I comb all this through, braid it, and use this satin bonnet:

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/sabox.html

For my hot oil treatments on Thursday nights. I use a concotion of carrot oil, EVOO, & Queen Helene's cocoa butter. I boil a cup of water in the microwave and place the bottle of hot oil in the water. I don't let it get too hot (test on wrist). I apply it to my entire scalp and ends. Do the 4 braids again, and I use this conditioner cap overnight:

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/cocapgo.html

I shampoo wash this out Friday night and my hair is well nourished and moisturized. :)

Wowzers. I wasn't expecting this. I would guess that your hair is well nourished! Goodness, i wish I could be this discplined. You MUST not have kids!

cocopuff said:
I have used Keracare Humecto Conditioner with a plastic cap as an overnight treatment just to see how good it would work, and it was OK, not that it did anything spectacular. I think it worked better on my relaxed hair.

I bought Carol's Daughter Coconut Mango Pineapple Skin Smoothie and used it as a deep conditioning treatment on my hair. It worked pretty well and the next time I use it, I might use it as an overnight treatment.

I also used Motions CPR Conditioner with extra virgin olive oil as an overnight treatment and I think that this worked the best for me. I barely lost any hair when I rinsed the conditioner out and my hair had alot of slip afterwards.

Oh, the Motions CPR? Really? Wow, I would have never thought this could be used overnight! Too bad I'm out of this...*sigh*

Leshia said:
Wowzers. I wasn't expecting this. I would guess that your hair is well nourished! Goodness, i wish I could be this discplined. You MUST not have kids!

Hee Hee No I don't have any kids. How'd you guess, gurl :lol:

sugaplum said:
Hee Hee No I don't have any kids. How'd you guess, gurl :lol:

Cuz you've got time to contemplate your treatments more than once per week. I'm green with envy...want my boys??! *eyes wide** SO jealous...

My overnight treatment once a week is EVOO mixed with Dabur Vatika Oil. I use this as my pre-poo treatment, and I saturate my hair, put on a plastic cap, put a towel over that, and shampoo it out in the morning.

I use Surge, Scurl, & either Mango Butter or Strong & Healthy's Growth Rx.
I put it all in a bun or Braid & cover up with a Satin Scarf.

Jewell said:
My overnight treatment once a week is EVOO mixed with Dabur Vatika Amla Oil. I use this as my pre-poo treatment, and I saturate my hair, put on a plastic cap, put a towel over that, and shampoo it out in the morning.

I've tried a variation of this too. I part my hair in four sections, saturate my hair with the oils, comb through and then put into bantu knots. I sleep with a satin bonet which I put on top of a plastic cap. But since I am on a no-poo challenge I won't be doing this for a while.

I like 1/2 oz of unrefined shea butter mixed with 1/2 oz olive oil in a plastic tint bottle. I set the bottle in a plastic cup of hot tap water. I dampen my hair with warm water a bit by placing my hands under the faucet, then running them through my hair.

When the oil mixture is heated, I shake the bottle to mix the contents. I apply it to my scalp area first, then my ends, then on the rest of the length of my hair. After massaging it in, I comb it through. I put on a plastic conditioner cap, then a plastic grocery shopping bag, then my satin scarf. I make sure to cover my pillows with cases that I don't mind messing up, but the oil has never leaked onto them.

The total amount of the mixture (1 oz) is enough to cover my hair (thick, waist-length), so a little goes along way. When I first apply the mixture, my hair is not dripping wet, but is nicely coated. However, by the time I wash it out the next morning, my body heat, the plastic and scarf have made the mixture penetrate the hair more, and it is soaking wet. I apply a bit of shampoo to my hair before adding water because the oil mixture would be hard to rinse out if I applied the water first.

I have only done this sporadically in the past, but would like to start doing it twice a month. I hope I will be disciplined enough to keep it up. :)

ETA: I looked at my applicator bottle and I might be using just a bit more than an ounce of oil mixture. I try to be sure that I have equal parts of shea butter and olive oil, though.

Last edited:
Now that I think of it, what I do nightly is moisturizing

I section my hair into 4 sections, then spray with distilled water mixed with surge moisture aide. Then I add my oil mix, evoo and vitale mo' body essential oils. I also put in curl activator gel (worlds of curls) and some hollywood beauty carrot creme.

After that I make two strand twists, just 2 per section. I put a little more oil and carrot creme on the ends. I clip the twists against my scalp and put my bonnet on.

The result is that when I wake up my hair is still slightly damp, but very soft. I put some more water and leave in mix, oil and curl activator gel and I'm done. I guess this would only work with naturals and texturized people though... unless you were going to wear your hair up or something.

I have a question to people who do measurments in ounce...I know this is stupid....8 oz in a cup....so...a recipie that is 1 oz...is..1/8 cup, right?

YamisGirl said:
....8 oz in a cup....so...a recipie that is 1 oz...is..1/8 cup, right?

Yes, that's right. :yep: I like to use a plastic applicator bottle that has a nozzle and measurements printed on it. That makes it easy to mix, melt and apply the mixture with one container.

renee_n_3000 said:
Yes, that's right. :yep: I like to use a plastic applicator bottle that has a nozzle and measurements printed on it. That makes it easy to mix, melt and apply the mixture with one container.

Thank you. :D I was thinking of trying your overnight treatmeant. I just have to find shea butter. lol. :lol:

curly buttercreme with concentration on my ends....also this month im doin surge revitalizer 14 and i finally got some of that surge ultra max....i rub that on my scalp to prevent dryness from the revitalizer 14...

anyways when im done slathering on stuff(my hair has moisture in it also from the daily conditioner wash earlier n the day) i put my hair in six raggedy cornrows or 2 raggedy french braids and sleep with a silk scarf

YamisGirl said:
I have a question to people who do measurments in ounce...I know this is stupid....8 oz in a cup....so...a recipie that is 1 oz...is..1/8 cup, right?

I think 1oz is also equal to 2 tablespoons.

YamisGirl said:
Thank you. :D I was thinking of trying your overnight treatmeant. I just have to find shea butter. lol. :lol:

I hope you like it if you try it! RainbowMeadow.com sells excellent unrefined shea butter and it's only $9.04 a pound. You want to be sure to get unrefined because it has more nutrients than refined (they sell both there). Here's a link to the product:

http://www.rainbowmeadow.com/Cart/item.asp?id=404&hdr=Carrier%20Oils%20and%20Nutrients

If that link doesn't work, you'll want to go to "online catalog," and click on "carrier oils and nutrients".

Also, if there are any fairs in your area, you may be able to buy unrefined shea butter there. That is where I buy mine from now each spring, but I know that if I could no longer get it that way, I would order from Rainbow Meadow again. :)

Last edited:
Back