Having problems with the Pibbs--AGAIN!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Ugh :(

If you are thinking of purchasing a Pibbs, don't rush. I think it's a great investment, but mine has been somewhat of a hassle.

I got it February 2009. I noticed that the right side of my hair did not dry as fast as the left. Eventually, the right side cracked and I sent it in under warranty. I believe they sent me a new unit, as I was unable to see where they would've repaired a crack. Well, whether they sent me back my old unit or sent in a new one, now the right side really dries slowly compared to the left. I can sit under it at level 60 for 2 hours and the right side of my hair is still damp.

It is no longer under warranty, but I can send it in to them for repair. Since it was such an investment, I am thinking that I will send it in but hoping that they won't send it back still having problems, especially since I will have to pay for the repair this time.

Has anyone else had any trouble with your Pibbs?

Any recommendations for other hooded dryers, just in case...?

Last edited:
Wow that's a bummer, I know the warranty is only for a year but when you spend that kind of money, I know I'm atleast expecting to get some years out of it before it start to trip. Hope you will be able to get this issue resolved.

I was tempted to get one when everyone was going ceazy over it. But I'm glad I didn't. I got one from my local BSS. I paid $69 for it on sale (original price was $89.99).

I've never had a problem with it, and it's been almost a year.

Try your local BSS.

I've had mine since May 09, it still works great...man I really hope it doesn't start acting up because I can't afford another one

I've been itching for a Pibbs since I joined, but I currently use a Gold 'N Hot ELITE brand hood dryer that I got from a local BSS. It works great, so I haven't been able to justify the purchase of a Pibbs. I had another Gold 'n Hot that was just ok, but this one is much better.

Thanks for sharing.....

I wrote an extended post about this last year, but the Pibbs didn't work for me. I bought and returned it several times before giving up and buying a Highland Dryer. It performed much better than the Pibbs and cost me only $199 compared to the $450 I spent on the pibbs. Luckily Sally Beauty Supply refunded my money.

Back