How's your Pibbs?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I've had mine for about 3 years now I guess. I had to send it in for warranty work within the first year, because it wasn't heating/drying well on one side--think it was the right side and that side even cracked which is why I went ahead and sent it in.

Well, I just sent it back to them (not under warranty now) because the left side of my hair doesn't get completely dry, even after 2 hours under there. :( It didn't cost much to have it repaired, but I did have to pay shipping both ways. They were very speedy with the repair and with shipping it back. I appreciate that, but wasn't happy about having to send it back in so soon. Anyway, I hope they got it right this time. If you do ever end up sending yours in, the service is fast.

So how's your Pibbs? I haven't seen a lot of Pibbs mentions on the forum lately.

I've had my Pibbs for a couple of years now, and it's still drying well even though the visor cracked (DD knocked it over). I just glued it back together and it still dries well. I don't get to spend too much time under it these days, but it's good to know you had a good repair experience, should I need to do the same.

I also noticed the Pibbs hadn't been mentioned lately. I am thinking more ladies are airdrying.

I have had my pibbs for almost a year- 10 months to be exact. In the beginning I used it a lot But now not so much. I still like it and all, but I don't rollerset as much. And you can forget about conditioning under it- it sucks the cap up off your head.

I haven't seen it mentioned here lately either. I guess because of a lot of women either going natural or air drying.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I've had my Pibbs since March '08 and I've had no problems. I love it, use it once a week and consider it my best hair purchase/money well spent.

I actually got mine last year but I havent used it regularly until recently for rollersets. I like that my hair dries in about a hour with mesh rollers:) I dont really have much to compare it to. It is more comfortable and convenient than my table top Gold N Hot that I ended up giving away to a friend.

I got mine last year from another member here and it's been working great. Visor arrived cracked but DH glued it together and (knock on wood) I haven't had any issues with it.
I use it every week for rollersetting and it's been a great investment. My hair dries fast,it's spacious enough for my big head and the grey and purple rollers. If something happened to it I'd totally buy another.

I've had mine for about 18 months. No issues. Good investment that helped me rollerset through my transition. I decided to get under it today to try shingling my hair as I haven't used it since April.

I figured when I BC'd, I'd have no use for it and felt freed from the dryer. The longer my hair gets, I realize i'll be right back up under it again on a weekly basis.

Mine is and has always worked great. I've been basically bunning for over a year so I haven't used it much.

I do wish that the bonnet space was larger, I did a rollerset a few weeks ago and had to negotiate getting my head in and out of the thing. I used larger rollers than I used to, but my head ain't big. :ohwell:

Complete waste of money for me because a). I only used it to DC and hang dry and b). It didn't dry my hair all miraculous-like. I found a cheaper dryer that worked just as well.

Got mines since christmas and i have had no problems with it.... I use it for sets, deep conditioning treatments, protein treatments...etc. i love it..

SO broke the temp knob off mine while moving; was after warranty so not sure how or where to get it repaired. Other than that it works just fine. Anyone know what the procedures are in trying to handle repairs for a Pibbs dryer?

Had mine for a year and love it. It dries faster than any other hooded dryer i ever had and i like that i can roll it to where ever i want to sit.

I have had mine for about 3yrs or so. Works perfectly and I do use it often for myself and others actually. I don't rollerset so I use it mostly for DCing which I love.

Its one of the best hair investments I have made,that and my Sedu and Maxiglide.

SO broke the temp knob off mine while moving; was after warranty so not sure how or where to get it repaired. Other than that it works just fine. Anyone know what the procedures are in trying to handle repairs for a Pibbs dryer?

It's very easy.

I just googled Pibbs Industries online and found their number. They give you an address to send it to. Include a little note with your address and phone number when you send it. They'll use the number to call you and tell you how much your repairs will cost. You can give them a cc # over the phone. They will add in the return shipping costs right before they ship it back to you. If you'd like, you can request that they call you to let you know how much the return shipping will be, but you'll already have an idea since you shipped it to them in the first place. The whole process took about a week for me.

Here's the number: 718 445 8046

I've had mine (512) since 2008 or 2009 and it still works great (knock on wood). My visor cracked too so we glued it back together and it's still going strong. The only thing is I lost one wheel between moving so it isn't steady.

For me it wasn't a waste of money. I got it mainly because I use big rollers that wouldn't fit under my old one. But I also use it for DCs, processing hair color, etc. If it dies I don't know if I'll buy another one or go for one of the generic versions.

Back