Heat Damage and Natural Hair

Evolving78

for those naturals who have experienced heat damage, what are some things that you did to nurse your hair back to health?

hopeful

I think lots of deep-conditioning and tlc will improve it. Eventually all of us will probably need to trim some of it off but I'm not cutting anything till I reach my first goal. For now, I'm ignoring it:lala: and focussing on the fact that most of my hair is super duper healthy:).

morehairplease

I think lots of deep-conditioning and tlc will improve it. Eventually all of us will probably need to trim some of it off but I'm not cutting anything till I reach my first goal. For now, I'm ignoring it:lala: and focussing on the fact that most of my hair is super duper healthy:).[/quote]

your hair is BEAUTIFUL hopeful. unforunately, for me I had no choice but to cut and start all over. currently, I am wearing a wig until my tresses gain some length but I am no longer mad about my cut. With that being said, had you come to me the day I realized what needed to be done :swearing::censored::fistshake::boxing::bat::buttkick::heated::210::redxgun2::burnup::hardslap:you get the picture....:yawn::yep:

Last edited:

NewYorkgyrl

I'm still trying to nurse it back to health. It's been 4 months...

Deep conditioning and keeping it moisturized.

But I am also being realistic....most heat damage is irreversible :ohwell:

wonderstar

Believe it or not.........I had to transition and it was a horrible experience:nono:. A few years ago over 85% of my hair was straight from heat damage and all I could do was trim as my hair grew out. I wish I knew about braid-outs and twist outs then. I had to walk around with scrawny looking twists:wallbash:.

Fine 4s

Scrawny looking twists is right! I went to a salon for single strand twists and they looked HORRIBLE. I had done them a couple of years before that time and they looked much better even good. Thank goodness this was YEARS ago.

Today, I'm growing out my irreversible heat damage since 2006. If I where to cut it all off I'd be about shoulder length if not shorter so :nono:.

No amout of nursing will 'fix' this permanent damage but you must be very gentle with heat damaged ends b/c they break very easily. You might find some scary split ends and white bulbs. I just snip as I grow...