heat damage friendly hairstyles (advice needed)

ms.blue

Back in May 2009, I put a weave w/ a horseshoe left out of my natural hair. Silly me, instead of getting hair to match my natural hair, I decided to match my hair w/ the weave. The hair was a spanish wave w/ a silky texture (the hair was beautiful). So anyways b/c I usually get full head weaves I never had to worry about blending but this was my first "big girl" weave so I wanted it look wonderful. Anyways, since I didn't know how to blend it, I would flatiron my leave out on the highest temp to get it super straight, then braid it to get that wavy silky look to blend w/ that hair. I did this every other day b/c I thought since I'm natural, my hair could take all that heat. It did not dawn unto me that was changing my hair texture. At first, the hair was reverting but as the weeks went on slowly but surely my horseshoe left out started to stay straight:nono:. So now I the hair on my sides a stick straight & on top is straightish wavy. The only good part about it is that it was a small horseshoe part but the bad is that wearing braidouts look stupid on me b/c of the straight hair in the front. When I wear my hair straight, it's not noticeable at all but with natural styles it doesn't look right at all. So I was wondering if anyone has advice on blend the heat damage & natural hair together w/o it being too noticeable of the different textures?

i grew out some heat damage a few years ago.
i never did wash and goes cuz it looked weird-i would go with a ton of braidouts, and use small rollers on the ends of the heat damaged section.
bantu knot out sets were also fantastic.
i'd do a lot of DC's too, and just be gentle with it.

i grew out some heat damage a few years ago.
i never did wash and goes cuz it looked weird-i would go with a ton of braidouts, and use small rollers on the ends of the heat damaged section.
bantu knot out sets were also fantastic.
i'd do a lot of DC's too, and just be gentle with it.
Thank you, I'm going to try using small rollers on the ends & maybe doing small braids for the braidouts so it would blend better.

Back