HEEELLLLPPPP! Ovation Breakage???

Christelyn

I started Ovation last week. The first time I used it, good, no problems. I applied it as a deep conditioner pre-poo, shampooed, and following with another 3-5 minutes treatment Did the same thing last night, but didn't use the creme rinse because I wanted to deep condition, so I used something else and sleep in the conditioner overnight because I was too tired to finish. First thing I noticed wasn't shedding, but breakage. My hair felt yucky too, like it had a coat over it. I'm about to clarify and start over, but should I leave the Ovation alone for a while? Does the Ovation have too much protein?

Please help...not sure how to proceed.

Thanks!

JustKiya

I believe that anytime you use the Cell Therapy as a full head leave-in treatment, you have to use the Cream Rinse in order to avoid over proteining your hair - it perfectly balances the OCT's protein and leaves your hair right.

I'd suggest clarifying, DC'ing, and then using the OCT and the Cream Rinse together when you are using it on your full length. I don't have any suggestions on the frequency of the whole head use - I'll have to let one of the other ladies cover that - but unless your hair is pretty weak/you use heat often - do you really need a protein treatment every week?

charmtreese

The conditioner that you slept in, was it a moisturizing conditioner or a protein/reconstructer?

I also deep condition for a few hours with OCT, however I always follow that up with a moisturizing DC that I sleep in...I think the problem may have been the conditioner that you slept in.

Christelyn

No, I don't need a protein every week, but I'm just trying to experiment on how to best use the product--(remember I'm reviewing this?). The directions say use every wash, so I tried that first. Aren't the Ovation/MegaTek girls using it 2-3 times a week?

Christelyn

The conditioner that you slept in, was it a moisturizing conditioner or a protein/reconstructer?

I also deep condition for a few hours with OCT, however I always follow that up with a moisturizing DC that I sleep in...I think the problem may have been the conditioner that you slept in.

No, I believe it was a moisturizing conditioner...it's a new line from Dr. Hauschka. I didn't like it. My hair came out wacked.

charmtreese

I deep condition once a week with OCT with no problem...so I don't think that was the issue. I think that whatever conditioner you followed up with did not offer enough moisture to balance the protein.

charmtreese

No, I believe it was a moisturizing conditioner...it's a new line from Dr. Hauschka. I didn't like it. My hair came out wacked.

Yeah, I think Dr. Hauschka was the problem. OCT needs to be chased with a straight moisturizer, especially if you use it to DC with.

Christelyn

Okay. I'm planning to just clean up my hair and start over using Giovanni's Tea Tree Poo and a deep conditioner without protein. Hopefully I can clear it up. I'm just so mad right now...my ends were snap, cracklin' and popping all 'or the place!

JustKiya

No, I don't need a protein every week, but I'm just trying to experiment on how to best use the product--(remember I'm reviewing this?). The directions say use every wash, so I tried that first. Aren't the Ovation/MegaTek girls using it 2-3 times a week?

Ahhh!!! My bad - I'm sorry, I'm bad with names (I usually remember people via siggys/avatars) so I totally did forget you were reviewing it.

Okay, okay.

Most of the OCT/MT girls aren't following the directions on the bottle. ;) The ones who are, I think most of them are only using it once a week - but honestly, I don't keep totally up with the Ovation regimens.... :look: You might want to PM JanuaryNoir - I know she is using the whole Ovation system, exclusively, and I think she might be using the bottle directions, and she's had good results.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
I know most use on the scalp ONLY not the whole length of the hair. For me the first time I used OCT, I put it on the whole length of the hair and my hair felt strong and conditioned, a really diff feel. My hair kept that strength through washings (wash about 2x/wk) so I have decided to only use it on the length of my hair IF needed maybe 1/mo. The rest of the time I use the OCT on scalp only and only on days I will wash the same day. Also, some people like me can't deep condish all night without having mushy hair. HTH

Christelyn

Thanks everyone for their comments. I re-washed, deep conditioned, and, just in case, I used the Ovation Creme Rinse. My hair is totally back to normal. From now on, I'll use it on my roots as recommended.

BTW, my in-laws, who are white, were wondering why i was so upset today. Figures, my MIL just rakes a brush through her hair and she's done!:perplexed

RZILYNT

I started Ovation last week. The first time I used it, good, no problems. I applied it as a deep conditioner pre-poo, shampooed, and following with another 3-5 minutes treatment Did the same thing last night, but didn't use the creme rinse because I wanted to deep condition, so I used something else and sleep in the conditioner overnight because I was too tired to finish. First thing I noticed wasn't shedding, but breakage. My hair felt yucky too, like it had a coat over it. I'm about to clarify and start over, but should I leave the Ovation alone for a while? Does the Ovation have too much protein?

Please help...not sure how to proceed.

Thanks!

You may be trying too much at one time. My only suggestion, would be to start over but to proceed with the suggested application on the packaging. Once you know how your hair responds and you feel you need to tweak it, then do so. You may find that you do not need anything else.:yep:. Otherwise you may not find the true culprit of the problem.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

RZ~

MissRissa

yeah i've sat with a head full of oct for up to 5 hours. even though it doesn't make my hair hard or anything i ALWAYS follow up with a moisturizing conditioner/deep conditioning. no problems so far except for shedding.