Hello 4a/b's! Where are you getting your moisture from honey?

MrJohnsonsRib

If you are a 4a or 4b in a very cold dry place and your hair is 1 week from Rapunzel :grin: What are you moisturizing with?*

What shampoo?

What DC?

What leave-in?

What daily moisturizer?

Any other favorites?

So far I've tried the complete Neutrogena Triple Moisture line, Motions shampoo and condish, Aloe Vera Gel, Smooth-n-Shine Activator Gel, Profectiv Break Free and Mega Growth, Castor oil. I tried coconut oil as well, it's not that effective in the moisture area for me, better as a sealant? I just got Aussie Deeeeep 3 Minute Miracle and plan to try after work. I have been wigging for about 2 weeks now. I'm thinking about trying:Wondergro with shea butter, LongAidCurl Activator, Aussie Moist, Hairveda (just b/c of all the raves)...

Recipes and products are all welcome!

I'm kind of a dollar stretcher so could you give me an estimated cost before I go to the BSS with a dolla fifty expectin to clean up shop. :lachen:

*Thanks in advance ladies and gents (if any)

MrJohnsonsRib

Okay so I might have threaded this questions a couple times. I won't do it anymore promise. I will just keep trying the products suggested to me. I am probably gonna try Qhemets, Elasta QP, Hairveda, Aussie.....see what I get from there...anybody have any success with these ones in particular?

larry3344

I really liked the qhemet amla and olive it is heavy enough for my thick, coarse hair (4a/b) and moisturizes well. Plus it has both moisturizing and sealing properties due to its water and oil content.

F

FunJoy!

What shampoo?
Nexxus Therapee OR CON Detangling Shampoo, anyone I feel like...

What DC?
Silicon Mix
Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol
ORS Replenishing Pak

What leave-in?
Rusk Smoother
Lacio Lacio

What daily moisturizer?
NTM Silk Touch on all of hair, seal with pure Shea Butter, Elasta QP Mango Butter OR Hairveda whipped cream on ends, seal ends with Shescentit Seyani hair butter.

F

FunJoy!

HEY, what can I say, I'm a PJ, And my SO buys ALL of my products, so for me price doesn't matter and I buy in bulk, if you are trying to save, I'm not a role model.

RMichelleM

What shampoo?
dr. bronner's liquid castile soap: peppermint

What DC?
aubrey organics: white camellia/island naturals

What leave-in?
giovanni direct

What daily moisturizer?
i just seal the giovanni direct with oil

Any other favorites?
carol's daughter healthy hair butter

Nonie

I get my moisture from conditioning after a wash or CWing. I wear a hat or wrap when out in the cold and a plastic under the hat/wrap. I baggy every night. My hair gets exposure for only the hours I am in a building at work. Otherwise out in the cold, it's under wraps.

I don't really have staples. If CVS has it and it sounds good or I have used it before and it was fine, I will use it again.

msa

Water is the only moisturizer, so if your hair isn't getting enough there is going to be a problem. Think of it this way, watermelon has a high content of water but you couldn't eat watermelon instead of drinking water for your whole life because you'd get sick. That's how I think of water-based moisturizers...they do a great job...but they can never truly take water's place.

My hair gets moisture from water every day because I rinse it in the shower. I put castor oil on afterward to help keep the water from evaporating too quickly. My hair stays soft...even when I skip the castor oil.

I think you should evaluate your regimen and see where you might be having problems. Do you drink enough water? Do you need to rinse or cw more? Are the conditioners you're using providing enough moisture for your strands? Is your relaxer causing the dryness?...supposedly no lye is worse than lye in that area because of the calcium deposits it leaves.

Since you live in Alaska you definitely shouldn't be going out with your hair uncovered, so you might want to wear a cap like Nonie suggested. Think of treating your hair like you treat your skin. You put lotion on it every day, keep it covered, put on sunblock if you need it, etc. etc. I've definitely gone out with my hair wet or uncovered and it froze and dried out, and that was when I lived in Boston.

MrJohnsonsRib

I really liked the qhemet amla and olive it is heavy enough for my thick, coarse hair (4a/b) and moisturizes well. Plus it has both moisturizing and sealing properties due to its water and oil content.

I've heard good things about the Qhemet products...may need to try that.

MrJohnsonsRib

HEY, what can I say, I'm a PJ, And my SO buys ALL of my products, so for me price doesn't matter and I buy in bulk, if you are trying to save, I'm not a role model.

My hubby buys for me too just as long as I ask....but I have to space them out b/c he will ask- "Didn't I just buy you some shampoo yesterday?"
I'm a PJ too but I'm just a cheap one. I buy things for $5 and under if that....I have to love it to buy it in bulk though, simply b/c I don't need a 5 gallong tub of condish if my hair hates it....but if it loves it then I like big tubs....too bad I haven't fell in love with too much.

Liberianmami26

If you are a 4a or 4b in a very cold dry place and your hair is 1 week from Rapunzel :grin: What are you moisturizing with?*

What shampoo?
Nexxus Therappe moisturizing shampoo
What DC?
Aubrey organics hsr for moisture and Nexxus keraphix and ors replenishing pak for some protein
What leave-in?
Nexxus Humectress luxe leave in only one that works for me
What daily moisturizer?
Distilled water, shea butter, and coconut oil and sometimes i spray in my leave in
Any other favorites?
i like the profectiv for split ends ill use it sometimes since the ingredients are not too lhcf friendly but not a lot

So far I've tried the complete Neutrogena Triple Moisture line, Motions shampoo and condish, Aloe Vera Gel, Smooth-n-Shine Activator Gel, Profectiv Break Free and Mega Growth, Castor oil. I tried coconut oil as well, it's not that effective in the moisture area for me, better as a sealant? I just got Aussie Deeeeep 3 Minute Miracle and plan to try after work. I have been wigging for about 2 weeks now. I'm thinking about trying:Wondergro with shea butter, LongAidCurl Activator, Aussie Moist, Hairveda (just b/c of all the raves)...

Recipes and products are all welcome!

I'm kind of a dollar stretcher so could you give me an estimated cost before I go to the BSS with a dolla fifty expectin to clean up shop. :lachen:

*Thanks in advance ladies and gents (if any)

me answers be in red man:lachen:

SilkySwag

What shampoo?
Shikai everday shampoo

What DC?
Ellin Lavar deep moistirizing mask, aussie 3 min deeeep con. or dove frizz control therapy mixed with honey and evoo
What leave-in?
oyin juices and berries
What daily moisturizer?
juices and berries, kids organix shea butter
Any other favorites?
castor oil to seal