Hello and help me please...

Relaxed or Natural

• relaxed

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • natural

Votes: 31 54.4%

• Total voters
Keep it natuaral, or maybe possibly think about a texturizer. I recently did the BC
and choose a texturizer. So far so good.

By the way, I'm a newbie from NC too!!!

Welcome to the board! I remember you from another all natural board. You were one of my inspirations to go natural. I too have been struggling with the idea of relaxing or re-texturizing again. I was natural for 2 years before I texturized in 2003. I enjoyed it at first, but I had straight pieces in the front and my twists didn't look right. The only styles I can wear are braidouts and flat twist-outs. I can no longer wear straight styles that often because of all the new growth that I have. I decided to do nothing with my texturizer until I am sure of what to do. I am gradually cutting off the ends. I have extremely dense, coarse, thick hair. The texturizer did help with manageability, but my twists suffered. Personally I like your natural hair better, it makes you look more distinctive. But the ultimate decision is up to you. Which style do YOU think suits you better? I wouldn't do anything until you are absolutely sure of what it is you want to do. But whatever your decision, good luck! :)

JBwill36- hey! where in NC if you don't mind saying?

thickness- I remember you too! and thank you

well, let me be really honest! I luved my natural haiir!!! I still do and I wish I could snap my fingers and be right where I left off the first time! The reason I relaxed my hair this time is I was prego (again) w/twins. My hair got sooooo thick. I couldn't do anything but wear a wash and go which dried my hair out really bad. plus, I was always so tired I couldn't twist it or anything!I woore braids for a minute, but braids always itch my head like crazy! I cannot BC again (my hubby will lose it!). So how do I transition to natural w/o cutting off my hair or wearing braids? unless someone has advice on how to make those jokers not itch so much.

thanks for the welcomes as well!

Last edited:
I'm transitioning to natural now and I won't be doing a BC for a long, long time. I basically wear my hair pulled back in a ponytail or bun most of the time because I'm lazy. :look: But you can do braidout and twistouts, rollersets w/ or without heat while you transition.

I texturized when I got pregnant also! I think it was the hormones. But, right now I just do flat twist outs and braidouts. I also rollerset my hair with the flexi rods for a wild curly fro look. I don't like the braids either. I don't care how much oil or braid spray I use, they always itch. I do like the tree braids though. They are not as bad as the micros.

Your hair is pretty either way.... but to be honest, I'm really feeling your natural styles (esp. the fro in pic 16). Honestly, the best option might be for your to stay natural or lightly texturize so that you can wear your hair straight or kinky. :yep:

Well Ladies, thank you all soooo much for your advice, compliments, and warm welcomes. I have decided to go back to my natural texture. I really miss my bush. I always do miss it after I relax! I'm gonna take thickness' advice and try to wear some sets (braid outs, etc.) until my natural has reached an appropriate length to keep my hubby quiet. Thanks again!

Hi Shalilac,

I say do what makes you happy. I personally LOVE your natural hair, but the relaxed styles were slammin' as well.

But whatever you do, do it for you!!!

Peace...

Thank ya'll again. Ya'll makin' me blush. It's been awhile since I've gotten compliments on anything except from my hubby. I was pregnant with twins and of course folks never have anything positive to say. Thank GOD that's over and I can start looking good again. Ya'll made my day! (Although I thought I looked cute for having twins! haha!)

I LOVE your natural hair! SO Cute! I love the ringlets. If you can't decide I think you should try a texturizer as the other ladies suggested. Then maybe you could do a wash and go type thing or and afro, and sometimes rock it straight. I have a texturizer and it's working out great for me, maybe it could help you cut down on your styling time since you have very thick hair.:)

www.fotki.com/nubian7
password:hair

Back