Help for weak spots

northernbelle

On 8/13/03, Cameos posted a question entitled "What are your weak spots?" Many responded. We seem to have similar problem areas. Mine are a small area in the crown, and, of course, my ends.

What special treatments, if any, do we apply these areas? What types of recommendations have we received, if any, from doctors and/or hair stylists, that have helped to improve or eliminate the weak spots?

Just interested taking the original question to the next level.

northernbelle

P.S. Thanks to Cameos for the original post!
clap.gif

I used to have a weak spot in the back of my head. No more.. I have no clues as to why it stopped breaking.

You are welcome Northernbelle. Thanks for bumping this thread to the next level
smile.gif

I am caring for my weak spot with tender loving care. When my hair started breaking in the crown area my stylist advised me to massage the spot every night with vitamin E oil. It worked a little but my hair continued to break. Then after a bad relaxer which was followed two weeks later by a corrective relaxer my hair started to break all over. My stylist convinced me that it was happening because I was exercising too much and the sweat was drying out my hair. Well that was then and this is now. Now I know better(with the help of this board and educating myself). I left that stylish because I realized she was only after money. She was very vague about how I should take care of my hair at home and she encouraged me to see her once a week.
I realize now that I should have been moisturizing my hair more. I have fine grade 4a/b hair that is very porous...as told by my new stylist. Now I wash my hair twice a week and I moisturize it daily with jojoba oil. Between washes I spritz my hair with a mixture of aole vera gel, distilled water and a little motions leave-in conditioner.

My crown is still thinner than the rest of my hair but it is longer and stronger. I try to make sure that area is kept moisturized.

Anyone had any success in making their hair thicker??

Back