JOINING TO POST MY SCALP/HAIRLINE EXPERIENCE AND SAY THANK YOU!!

kab

I have been a lurker for about one and half years and gleaned the information to restore my scalp from lhcf. I decided to join last week just to answer a similar question so I will add my experience here also. My hair is curly, dense, fine and very soft. I had temple damage from relaxers and later my hairline was damaged from a Hawaiian Silky "dry curl" and later post-partum damage. I still had hair but my scalp was damaged. It was tight, tender, dry, flaky and itchy and the chemical damage had actually changed the texture of my hair in two spots making it so dry and brittle in those two areas that it would only grow to a short length and then break. My hair was weak all over. I found lchf accidentally while googling protein powders. I later found a thread on MN (miconazole nitrate). I think that had I not found this thread first, what I did later would not have resulted in as much significant improvement. I used the MN for about 7 weeks. First solo and later I mixed it with drug store castor oil. Extremely thin and slick bald in some spots temple areas began to sprout fine fuzz. I then read about JBCO (jamaican black castor oil) and began to use this and noticed that the hairline continued to improve - the hairs became less fine and a little thicker. Next read about sulfur and mixed the powder with olive oil and jbco and used it daily and noticed that the hairs grew longer. Three months ago I added megatek. This mixture caused the exact results that I had read about. The weak areas began to shed and were replaced with hairs that were thicker and darker and stronger. Everything was used twice daily (morning and night). My hair is now closer to the hair that I had before the damage than it has ever been. This all began last year. My hairline is no longer embarrassing. I am so happy that I joined lhcf just so that I could say thank you and spread the word. The reason that I think that the MN was crucial is because I believe that the MN cured any bacterial or fungal issues present on the scalp and seemed to regenerate dormant and weak follicles. The jbco is a natural antifungal and antibacterial. I believe that the sulfur and the megatek fertilized and nourished the follicles to encourage the growth of stronger hair. I hope this helps someone. There is hope. I had short broken hairs as well as slick spots that were hairless but now those areas have filled in with have strong healthy hair. And my hair had been this way for YEARS. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wonderful to know that LHCF has helped you overcome a laong standing problem :)

with that said ..... ummm where da pikchurz at ?!?!?!

congrats on your success. i hope i can tell a story like this one day. i'm trying to re-grow my edges too. i've been slacking on the MN. will get back on that asap.

kab Thanks for sharing :). Where do you get the megatek & sulfur? Are they powders that you mix with oils or special creams/conditioners? As long as I've been here I still don't know and no one has ever broken it down to me. About how much do they cost, if you don't mind my asking?

I tried MN and it seems like nothing happened (plus castor oil). Maybe I need to move forward w/megatek and sulfur.

@kab Thanks for sharing :). Where do you get the megatek & sulfur? Are they powders that you mix with oils or special creams/conditioners? As long as I've been here I still don't know and no one has ever broken it down to me. About how much do they cost, if you don't mind my asking?

I tried MN and it seems like nothing happened (plus castor oil). Maybe I need to move forward w/megatek and sulfur.

megatek is a hardcore protein condish and can be ordered online. here are two links that may help:
information----
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/the-scoop-on-mega-tek

ordering -----
http://www.eqyss.com/mega_tek.asp

sulfur can be found in health food stores or online....amazon has it. sometimes it is called flowers of sulfur.

to OP...welcome to the forum! so glad you found success here!:grin:

Last edited:
megatek is a hardcore protein condish and can be ordered online. here are two links that may help:
information----
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/the-scoop-on-mega-tek

ordering -----
http://www.eqyss.com/mega_tek.asp

sulfur can be found in health food stores or online....amazon has it. sometimes it is called flowers of sulfur.

to OP...welcome to the forum! so glad you found success here!:grin:

Thanks, do you follow up the megatek conditioner w/a moisturizing conditioner? I thought it was a scalp creme all this time. With the sulfur, what do you mix it with and is it harmful if not mixed properly. Do you rinse it after application?

Thank you all for the welcome! I have lurked long enough to know that I should have pictures (laughing). I will look through my photos and see if I can find a decent enough representation of the damage. I absolutely regret that when I decided to try the tips that I was reading, that I did not take an initial hair photo to gauge progress. Every day I examine my hair in the mirror and I am amazed and truly thankful to God that I came across this forum! God bless you all for this forum!

Virtuenow, I am heavy handed so I wash my hair every other day. I apply the mixture in the am and pm to my scalp, since I knew that my issue was a scalp issue. I smooth aussie moist and shea moisture masque throughout my hair and put my hair in pocahontas braids or a puff pony and sleep on a satin pillowcase. From what I have read, I could probably do fine using the mix once per day, but I was anxious and have always applied everything in the am and pm.

Back