Help!! Greasy Hair!!

clarity2008

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Well on Monday I got a dominican blowout and it was FAB!!! I have slept with a silk scarf and I have not added any product but my roots are a greasy lifeless mess. This always happens! Whenever I flat iron my hair it is greasy and limp within a few days even without adding ANY product.:wallbash:This sucks!! Any advice????

SleekandBouncy

Sounds like your scalp produces a lot of sebum.
You can try a dry shampoo which will remove the oil from your hair.
I noticed that when my hair is very, very straight it gets greasier easily when wrapped. SO instead of wrapping it I do a crisscross wrap in the back and I notice my hair isn't as limp the next day and hasn't picked up as much grease. Try that or anything that doesn't have your hair laying quite so flat against your head, maybe even pin curls or put it in a ponytail.

Neith

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Well on Monday I got a dominican blowout and it was FAB!!! I have slept with a silk scarf and I have not added any product but my roots are a greasy lifeless mess. This always happens! Whenever I flat iron my hair it is greasy and limp within a few days even without adding ANY product.:wallbash:This sucks!! Any advice????

Awww... that sucks :(

Sounds like your scalp produces oil quickly.

I've heard about these types of powder similar to baby powder that you brush through your hair and they absorb some of the oils. It is colored, so it doesn't show in your hair. I think it's made by bumble and bumble...

There is also something called dry shampoo (or something like that) that may help you.

Sorry... I'm really digging down deep. I don't have oily hair so I didn't really take notice of these things, but I vaugely remember reading about these types of products.

Also, try wearing your hair up as much as possible (while you're sleeping and while you're around the house... I know when you get a blowout your hair looks great and people like to wear it down a lot :)) so that the oil doesn't travel down the hair shaft and make the leng
th as oily.

envybeauty

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Try pin curl. s. Also make sure that the salons are not sneaking in products into your hair when not looking (no oil sheen, nada). A lot of dominican salons do add something before you leave the salon.

Oil travels down the length of straight hair very easily hence it may seem like your hair is greasier when straight as opposed to curly/unruly.

Ramya

I have the same problem so I stopped wrapping my hair when straight. I wear it down and cover it with a bonnet. I also don't manipulate it much when straight b/c brushing and combing spreads the oils.

glamorousdoll

Try using products without mineral oil...they tend not to penetrate the hair shaft. When you sleep, as you toss and turn, you generate heat that can "loosen", if you will, these oils. Your hair can become oily, yet not properly moisturized. Try products that penetrate the hair instead of coating it. Be sure to stay away from unnecessary waxes too. Hope this helps!:yep:

Qetesh

i would try using a cotton scarf at night and not wrapping your hair but pinning it up. i hear all this cotton baddness but it works for me esp if i feel like my hair is getting greasy

also you could try brushing your hair that helps to alleviate the excess oil to the entire length of the strands.

finally i would suggest just wearing your hair out for a day .....

my hair actually gets dry on the ends easily so i don't specifically suffer from this problem but at times when its straight i tend to oil it up too much so above is what i do to tame it down.

clarity2008

thanks ladies!! yea i think i may go back to using a cotton scarf when my hair is straight because that really helped keep the greasies away. but i think my blowout has reached its last day! its only been 5 days! im sad. back to curly hair.

MissRissa

girl i posted about the same thing about 2 weeks ago. I havent tried it out because i haven't straightened my hair since then but no matter what, whether i do my hair at home, go to the dominicans, or go else where, by about day 3 or 4 my hair is an oil slick. ill wrap or bun using a silk or cotton scarf and its still greasy. some of the suggestions made to me (and other ones i found online) are:

put a little powder/cornstarch (just a teeny bit) on a brush and brush it through your hair and that should dry up the oil a little.

use a dry shampoo. i've never used one so imma let u go on ahead and test that out.

bumble&bumble makes a hair powder that's supposed to freshen it up and sebastian makes something called dry clean only.