HELP...How do you moisturize and seal your ends?

RocStar

I am trying to figure out the best way to moisturize and seal my ends. I have uneven shoulder length relaxed hair. The lower back portion of my hair is fairly even, so that part I don't have an issue with. It is the rest of my hair (the crown, bangs, etc.) that I have an issue with. My hair is uneven and is in layers (not by choice that is how it grows) so I wanted to know how other ladies moisturize their ends. Do you part you hair in sections? For the moisture part do you put the moisturizer in your hands, rub together and then scrunch the ends?

I guess what I am looking for is a MOISTURIZE AND SEAL YOUR ENDS FOR DUMMIES tutorial.:wallbash:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

tinkat

I twist my hair up at night. I started to use the cantu sheabutter on my ends, it is helping alot. I normally just spritz a lil water on my the part of the hair that I am about to twist, dab a little bit of cantu sheabutter on my ends and twist up.

shtow

I part my hair in half and then from ear to ear so I have 4 big sections. Then I take each section and divide it in half and moisturize. I then dab my finger in a little and rub it between 3 fingers on each hand starting at the thumb and pointer fingers. I apply it by gently twisting and going down the strands in a downward movement with my fingertips. I use optimum oil therapy dry hair and scalp quencher. You dont have to seal with this moisturizer as it already has coconut, jojoba, and avovado, and olive oil. HTH and HHG!

I part my hair in half and then from ear to ear so I have 4 big sections. Then I take each section and divide it in half and moisturize. I then dab my finger in a little and rub it between 3 fingers on each hand starting at the thumb and pointer fingers. I apply it by gently twisting and going down the strands in a downward movement with my fingertips. I use optimum oil therapy dry hair and scalp quencher. You dont have to seal with this moisturizer as it already has coconut, jojoba, and avovado, and olive oil. HTH and HHG!

Glad you mentioned the bolded. I was looking for a way to use this up!:yep:

Lovelylocs

I am trying to figure out the best way to moisturize and seal my ends. I have uneven shoulder length relaxed hair. The lower back portion of my hair is fairly even, so that part I don't have an issue with. It is the rest of my hair (the crown, bangs, etc.) that I have an issue with. My hair is uneven and is in layers (not by choice that is how it grows) so I wanted to know how other ladies moisturize their ends. Do you part you hair in sections? For the moisture part do you put the moisturizer in your hands, rub together and then scrunch the ends?

I guess what I am looking for is a MOISTURIZE AND SEAL YOUR ENDS FOR DUMMIES tutorial.:wallbash:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I need more information. Do you mean btwn washes? Or after u wash and condition?

shtow

I need more information. Do you mean btwn washes? Or after u wash and condition?

This is btwn washes. After I wash and condition I detanagle with just for me detangling spray and add a leave in like nexxus humectress or long term relationship by herbal essences. I then blow dry with the leave in and fantasia IC heat protectant and flat iron with more heat protectant. Then, I moisturize the way how I described in my initial post.

sowhut

I just slather my ends in castor oil (JBCO) every night before putting it up. Somtimes i part it in sections and sometimes i dont. I usually do one large pincurl afterwards. (i would probably do sections if i had layers though)

Last edited:

charmtreese

I moisturize & seal in 5 sections (2 sections in the back 2 on top and 1 in the bang area), I part my hair with my fingers apply moisturizer to my hand and finger comb and lightly rub the moisturizer through each section. I then follow up with a dab of castor oil on the ends and then pincurl.

tbaby_8

I ususally do this after I co-wash or shampoo and wash. I will apply profective anti breakage cream from roots to ends, I don't section my hair. (too lazy). Then I will mix in my hand coconut oil and castor oil and apply that from root to ends and concentrate most of the oil mixture on my ends. Then I bun my hair and tie it up. Hope that helps.:grin:

Sunshine0801

I wear twists/braids most of the time, so I don't need to part my hair. I just spritz my hair, concentrating on the ends, and apply avocado butter to the end of each twist/braid by running it down the length of the end of the twist/braid. I also apply a little avocado butter to all of my hair to maintain softness and seal in the moisture.

bravenewgirl87

Honestly, I use a good deep conditioner and I only have to rub my growth oil in my hair now. I'm on the deep conditioning challenge so every couple of days so my hair is now softer and more moisturized. If you don't plan on joining the challenge, then I would recommend Qhemet Biologics products or Elasta QP. I made my own growth oil and that is what I seal with.

4 tbsp of Unrefined Coconut Oil
4 Tbsp of Castor Oil
2 tbsp of:

Camellia oil
Kiwi Seed Oil
Jojoba Oil
Safflower Oil
Amla Oil
3 tsps of :
Rosemary Oil
Ylang Ylang Oil
Peppermint Oil
Tea Tree Oil
Sage Oil

Mix all of the first seven oils together and heat for 20 seconds in microwave, or until warmed. Place a Mason jar or bottle. Take a dropper and add each of the last four oils together, stirring each one after each drop. Let mixture sit and cool. Use as a light headdressing or for scalp massages