Help...I have to do my OWN hair for my wedding!

exarreca

awww thanks ladies...I was worried no one would respond lol.

The wedding is in Johnson City, TN. Ever heard of it? I didnt think so!:lachen:Well we are from Johnson City but the wedding is going to be at the Allandale Mansion about 30 minutes away in Kingsport.

quote]

Yes, I have. :hiya:
I am from Morristown TN and used to live near Kingsport in Church Hill. I am sure there are black stylist there. If Morristown has some, then JC and Kingsport will have to. Surely all the brown girls aren't doing their own hair.

Leslie_C

awww thanks ladies...I was worried no one would respond lol.

The wedding is in Johnson City, TN. Ever heard of it? I didnt think so!:lachen:Well we are from Johnson City but the wedding is going to be at the Allandale Mansion about 30 minutes away in Kingsport.

quote]

Yes, I have. :hiya:
I am from Morristown TN and used to live near Kingsport in Church Hill. I am sure there are black stylist there. If Morristown has some, then JC and Kingsport will have to. Surely all the brown girls aren't doing their own hair.

Oh snap! I really didnt think anyone on this board ever heard of the tri-cities! I was thinking more Johnson City...but u are right...they prolly do have some in Kingsport.....but how can I find out? And Keep in mind I cant be in the hairdresser all day for my wedding! I wish I could just find someone who could come to me and do it.

Leslie_C

thanks again ladies...Ill try the curling iron once and rollersetting too and see which one comes out better. I want them to be loose so I dont want too much styling product to make it look stiff/unnatural...but at the same time I need it to stay.

Can anyone suggest a good setting lotion and/or spritz for a soft hold?

I have some aveda brilliant hairspray...

ttlayli

Hey Leslie!! I don't have any advice to give u, but I just wanted to tell you CONGRATS ON YOUR WEDDING!!! :grin::grin::grin:

MissLawyerLady

Congrats on the wedding!

You may want to get an idea of your veil/tiara type before committing to a particular style.

My wedding veil was about 10 feet long!!!:blush: You don't even want to know how long my train was on my gown!!!:nono::lachen:So, my hair couldn't even been seen from the back. It was down and bumped on the ends with a sideswept bang- the same down style I wear all the time. Boring, huh?