Help! - beach wedding hair styles!!

aliceo

Hi ladies,

I need some help from you all!
So, I'm getting married on July 3rd in Mexico :dance7: and I need some serious help with my hair. I'm not sure Im going to find a salon to go to that can take care of my hair properly, so I plan on doing it myself. I found these inspiration pics, and I bought the hair accessory below (last picture). Can you tell me what I would need (irons, hair spray, gel, leave-ins etc etc to achieve a style like one of these? Thanks in advance!

Also, the wedding site I was looking at mostly had pics of Caucasian ladies.... But I should be able to re-create something similar on my hair texture, no?

From Lottie-da on Etsy.com

FYI I am relaxed, BSL ( but will probably cut to APL before the wedding). Fine haired, 4b.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Rain20

Congrats on getting married. It's hard to tell how those how those hairstyles were done. I like the way your hair looks in your avatar. Have your tried youtube for some nice hairstyles?

davisbr88

Congratulations!
I don't know much about professional styling, but I would think that the best option would be the first one because it seems like loose pieces would get annoying and end up looking terrible in your pictures if the wind was blowing. That accessory is gorgeous, by the way.
I think that it can be achieved by using a smoothing shampoo and conditioner. I would then apply a leave-in and rollerset my hair on big rollers using foam, but not setting lotion since it might make your hair hard. Then I'd take the rollers down and shape the bun piece by piece with bobby pins and shape the bang using a finger-wave technique using silver clips and then maybe spritz it like no one's business!

virtuenow

Those pics look like pin curls. You should do a youtube search. I think it would be difficult to achieve the look if you cut your hair to apl. Those styles are bsl type styles. You may still be able to achieve a smaller version of those buns though...Why are u cutting?

Whimsy

Lovely styles and great accessory.

The first two styles seem more practical for a beach wedding.

I think you may want to do a trial run with the salon at your resort, they may surprise you. And if you don't like it you won't have to use them on your big day.

Anyway, looks like you'll need a band, pins galore, curling iron, flat iron and patience.

You may want to hold off on cutting your hair to APL so you'll have more to work with for the style.

Good luck and congrats on the weddinnggggg!!!

aliceo

Thanks ladies!

So, I'll see if I can find a you-tube video of pin curls.

@Daviesbr88 - my problem is that I may have to do it myself, so I wont have access to a hood dryer or even rollers - I might have to do pincurls or use a curling iron...

Also, what's a finger wave technique??

I'm thinking of cutting because I have some damage to the ends and I thought it would look better blunt cut.

Another question - what curling irons would you recommend??

Thanks!

mscocoface

So you are going to use heat then to get your look?

Check out Mook's fotki. She was just in a wedding where her hair had to be pinned up and I don't think she used heat or very little.

aliceo

So you are going to use heat then to get your look?

Check out Mook's fotki. She was just in a wedding where her hair had to be pinned up and I don't think she used heat or very little.

I figured I would have to! :perplexed

If I can do it without - even better! Off to search for Mook's album!

Thanks!

Whimsy

Maybe if you do a braidout you'll get waves, and you can pin the waves up in a cute chignon. heat free and gorgeous

aliceo

I just looked at Mook's album. It's beautiful, but her hair is natural and I'm not sure it would look the same on my relaxed hair. I want it to look smooth, so I think I may have to use heat....

@Whimsy -sadly I don't have the best outcomes with braidouts. They usually look terrible....

mscocoface

What about braids or twsits? Looking at your hair in the picture I think you can pull off the look Mook has.

Practice the look and see what happens on the way you hair is in the avatar.

I did twists in my hair because I had a beach wedding and I was able to then take the twists and put them in a type of bun style. I was happy about that because I did not want to have to deal with it the morning after the wedding and during the honeymoon. I could put it in different styles and even get in the water and not have to worry about the weather or the water.

It was stress free and I could focus on me and my honey. :yep:

aliceo

^^ I'll give it a try, although I've lost a lot of the body I had in that pic because of overprocessing. I'll just have to practice and see.

I would still like to have a good curling iron with me just in case though.... any suggestions anyone??

ETA: And I'd rather not do braids/twists... I wear them a lot as casual styles and I'd like to do something different and special for this day :)