Help! I let someone flatiron my hair w/o heat protectant

Mercie

I let someone flatiron my hair without a heat protectant and I think it is breaking off now. I keep on having small broken hairs in my comb and in the sink. What should I do? Should I do a protein treatment.. or trim?

It's probably just dried out...I would suggest deep conditioning with a moisturizing conditioner before you try protein.

Ok, calm down first. Not everyone uses heat protectant before flat ironing.

I don't think that's the cause of your hair breaking. If it's driving you nuts you can always wash and deep condition and see how your hair is doing after that.

That may or may not be the cause of your breakage. Depending on what products your hair was prepared with during the wash and prep, you may not have needed the traditional heat protectant. Still, since you hair is breaking, wash condition well to start over.

I would say Protein treatment but not the regular one you use for DC.

I dont know if other ladies on the forum know of better but I think Aphogee Treatment for Damaged hair is good followed by moisturising. I may even consider a hot oil treament after Aphogee as it is pretty powerful IMO

The flat iron may have been too hot, I get a trillion broken hairs when I use my flat iron on a high setting.

Yes, I think she may have used it on the highest setting.. I am not sure. Thanks for the advice, I will try to buy a protein treatment since I don't have one before my wash day on Sunday.

Back