Help me before i order !

juju

I want to aphogee treatment but don't know which conditioner to use best after the treatment

i am deciding between Suave ocean Breeze,keracare humecto creme conditioner,or aphogee balancing moisturizer .

Which do you thinks is best for my 4b natural hair after an aphogee treatment ?

vnaps

if u r talking bout the heavy duty treatment......

i use this and b4 i got it i read that it is best to use the aphogee balancing moisturiser.....which is what some people were skipping resulting in bad experiences.

you could always use the other products after or on another day. i do a moisturizing (i try to avoid protein overload) deep condition after the recommended steps.

thats my take...

juju

if u r talking bout the heavy duty treatment......

i use this and b4 i got it i read that it is best to use the aphogee balancing moisturiser.....which is what some people were skipping resulting in bad experiences.

you could always use the other products after or on another day. i do a moisturizing (i try to avoid protein overload) deep condition after the recommended steps.

thats my take...

I am talking about the two steps protein treatment.

Solitude

Right. She was saying that you should use the recommended Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer after the 2-step hard protein treatment. A lot of ladies skipped this and had bad results. You can then follow the balancing moisturizer with a moisturizing conditioner of your own choice, either on the same day or a later day. That is what many people do.

I did the Aphogee 2-step, then the Balancing Moisturizer and I chose to follow that with ORS.

The "2nd Step" in the treatment is the Balancing Moisturizer. HTH

ETA: These are just suggestions- my hair is 4A relaxed.

vnaps

Thought i'd clarify what i meant...

The Aphogee "Treatment for damaged hair" should be followed by the "Aphogee Balancing Moisturiser".......then i do a moisturising dc with any other products.

For the "Aphogee intensive two minute keratin reconstructor" i usually still use the balancing moisturiser.

it doesnt really answer your question though does it....if i were in your shoes i'd buy the balancing moisturizer and any of the other products u mentioned...i havent tried the others but id go for one with the least amount of protein because the aphogee has added it already hth

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
The Balancing Moisturizer is NOT enough moisture to follow up an Aphogee treatment with. You can do a quick co wash with the Balancing Moisturizer, but then follow that up with with a good, long dc with Humecto.

The one common thread in 99 percent of all of the horror stories I've read, is that all of them only used the Balancing Moisturizer following Aphogee. You HAVE to dc with a super moisturizing conditioner afterwards.

juju

The Balancing Moisturizer is NOT enough moisture to follow up an Aphogee treatment with. You can do a quick co wash with the Balancing Moisturizer, but then follow that up with with a good, long dc with Humecto.

The one common thread in 99 percent of all of the horror stories I've read, is that all of them only used the Balancing Moisturizer following Aphogee. You HAVE to dc with a super moisturizing conditioner afterwards.

But do you think the Humecto is good enough or i should use ORS ?

juju

Thought i'd clarify what i meant...

The Aphogee "Treatment for damaged hair" should be followed by the "Aphogee Balancing Moisturiser".......then i do a moisturising dc with any other products.

For the "Aphogee intensive two minute keratin reconstructor" i usually still use the balancing moisturiser.

it doesnt really answer your question though does it....if i were in your shoes i'd buy the balancing moisturizer and any of the other products u mentioned...i havent tried the others but id go for one with the least amount of protein because the aphogee has added it already hth

Do you follow with the "keratin reconstructor " after the treatment ?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'd go with Humecto, since it doesn't contain any protein :yep:

You don't follow up the treatment with any protein, The Keratin Reconstructor is a protein. Only use the Balancing Moisturizer for a few minutes and then dc with a moisturizing conditioner like Humecto. After using Aphogee, you have to replenish the moisture in your hair. HTH!!!

poookie

out of the three mentioned above, go with the humecto. BUT if you have another moisturizing conditioner, go with that. a cheapie conditioner will not be moisturizing enough to combat the hardness you get from a hardcore conditioner. as far as affordable deep conditioners go, i'd suggest silk elements mega silk deep conditioners; or maybe pantene relaxed and natural breakage defense mask. the balancing moisturizer that comes with the treatment is TERRIBLE... does more coating than moisturizing, in my opinion.

another good one would be the ORS replenishing pak. even though it has a bit of protein, it's very moisturizing, and has a nice amount of slip.

Extremus

You don't follow up the treatment with any protein, The Keratin Reconstructor is a protein. Only use the Balancing Moisturizer for a few minutes and then dc with a moisturizing conditioner like Humecto. After using Aphogee, you have to replenish the moisture in your hair. HTH!!!

i agree with this.

juju

good advice !

TexturedTresses

Why do you feel you need to use the aphogee? Be very careful with the hard protein as it can sometimes cause breakage. I agree with tiffers. Do not use a deep conditioner to follow up that has protein. Also, the aphogee balancing conditioner is truly not moisturizing enough to follow up with a hardcore protein.