Which Deep Conditioner do You Use After Aphogee 2 Step Treatment?

MuslimahTresses

So far I know from reading alot of threads about the Hardcore Aphogee that the Moisturizing Conditoner they reccomend on the bottle by Aphogee is not moisturizing enough. Keracare Humecto isn't either. I don't know what other conditoner to try.

I wouldnt mind using the Aphogee 2 Step again but I need another deep conditioner to try instead of Keracare Humecto.

For all those who use the 2 step treatment, can you tell which deep conditioner you use afterwards? Thanks!

sexyeyes3616

I use CB Smoothe products, so i used Triple Silk Conditioner. And i think the treatment helped stopped my shedding from OCT.

Nikki4ny

I use Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose or Kenra Moisturizing condish mixed with a little olive oil as the 2nd step. It turned out well but I'm always looking for more moisture. I want to try using Elucence next time to see if it's better.

MonPetite

Any of the conditioners I've reviewed favorably in my Drugstore album (see fotki) + vatika oil (or coconut or jojoba oil or castor oil) + honey (or agave or molasses). :yep:

Sequoia

I've used Keracare Humecto with a heating cap, sometimes added honey to it for a boost. Also used Aubrey Organics honeysuckle rose and Nexxus Humectress. Found them very moisturising.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Kenra MC. No cones. No mineral oil. No petrolatum. Just moisture :yep:

ceebee3

I usually use motions moisture plus. When I do the 2 step I always take it as an opportunity to test the effectiveness of a conditioner.

After I rinse in the shower I do a quick condition (this is the test) and then I deep condition with heat for 20-30 minutes with my usual deep conditioner.

That's how I know how moisturizing a conditioner is for me, if it makes my hair feel like silk after the 2 step it's a keeper. I usually stick with the motions though.

I've tried and liked the BJ's knock off version of Matrix and Biolage and I've also deep conditioned with the ORS.

I only like the creamy conditioners though.

BellaLunie

I hated the Aphogee moisture condish. I use Nexxus Humectress and Dove(dark blue bottle) and found them very moisturizing

nymane

Aubrey Organics HSR (and if I have AO WC I mix them)

ETA: I'll be using Silicon Mix from now on! (I still love AO HSR though)

Last edited:

moriahar

Ok. I'm finally brave enough to try the 2 Step today. I'll be dcing with Lustersilk's Cholesterol the mango one. Wish me luck!!!

JJamiah

I use Silk Elements Mega Silk in the creme tub myself and love the ULTRA soft hair after my 2 step!

LadyPaniolo

Oh my goodness! Once again I am totally out of the loop! :drunk:

I had been using the aphogee protein in the white bottle, followed by the 2nd step in the pink bottle. After I rinse that out, then I DC with either Kenra MC (my love :infatuated:) or Suave Humectant w/some oil added in.

It never occurred to me that the second step in the pink bottle would be sufficient to use alone :spinning: OR that you could omit the second step condish completely and substitute something else! :spinning: lol... pass my dunce cap!

Either way, I find that doing the aphogee 2 step this way has worked well for my hair and left it quite strong and moisturized. :yep: