HELP me decide my relax dates before my wedding....

Which Dates Should I Texlax?

• Texlax in December and June (6 month stretch)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texlax in Nov, Feb/March then June (4 month stretch)

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

trendsetta25

Hey Ladies,

I know i can turn to you for help. I'm currently stretching my relaxer but my situation has changed. My boyfriend proposed to me on 9/1/12 and we are planning on getting married 7/5/13.

The last time i relaxed my hair was in the end of June and i planned on stretching till Dec 31 for my BSL Challenge 2012 Reveal. But here's my dilemma.

After reading the hair bible aka The Science of Black Hair i decided moving forward to texlax my hair for the health and thickness...

1. If i texlax in Dec...do i wait till the end of June to texlax again before the wedding?
2. Or...should i relax next week, texlax in March and then in June (that's texlaxing every 4 months)?

What would you do? Which option do you think is best for the health of my hair? :sad:

DivineNapps1728

Congratulations on the upcoming nuptuals !!! :yep:

I don't have a relaxer, so fee free to take my opinion with a grain or salt :giggle:, but my asumption is that you're going from bonelaxed to texlaxed, yes?
If so, relaxing every 4 months as opposed to every six months may be a better option. My rationale is that shorter stretches means you'll shorter periods of time that you'll have to deal with 3 textures; the last thing you want to worry about while planning a wedding is your hair.

P.S. Have you considered continuing to bonelax until after the wedding just to avoid possible stress that may ensue? I know you mentioned that the changes you intend to make are for improved health & thickness, but could you tweak your routine in anyway to achieve those things for the time being? It just seems like potentially needing to re-learn how to care for you hair when texlaxed vs. relaxed could be too time consuming. Also, in terms of impact to your hair's health, please take into consideration extra heat you may need to use with underprocessed hair during the months leading up to your wedding for engagement photos, wedding showers, etc & measure the tradeoff.

(If you're already texlaxed, ignore all, but the red :drunk:)

trendsetta25

DivineNapps1728 said:
Congratulations on the upcoming nuptuals !!! :yep:

I don't have a relaxer, so fee free to take my opinion with a grain or salt :giggle:, but my asumption is that you're going from bonelaxed to texlaxed, yes?
If so, relaxing every 4 months as opposed to every six months may be a better option. My rationale is that shorter stretches means you'll shorter periods of time that you'll have to deal with 3 textures; the last thing you want to worry about while planning a wedding is your hair.

P.S. Have you considered continuing to bonelax until after the wedding just to avoid possible stress that may ensue? I know you mentioned that the changes you intend to make are for improved health & thickness, but could you tweak your routine in anyway to achieve those things for the time being? It just seems like potentially needing to re-learn how to care for you hair when texlaxed vs. relaxed could be too time consuming. Also, in terms of impact to your hair's health, please take into consideration extra heat you may need to use with underprocessed hair during the months leading up to your wedding for engagement photos, wedding showers, etc & measure the tradeoff.

(If you're already texlaxed, ignore all, but the red :drunk:)

This is GREAT advice!!!!

So relax my hair...but when? Lol

DivineNapps1728

This is GREAT advice!!!!

So relax my hair...but when? Lol

Next week, in March and in June to adhere to your every four month relaxing schedule UNLESS you haven't been stretching that long up to this point. I know it's not a poll option, but I think you should stick to whatever your current relaxing schedule is. If before you got engaged you stretched for 12wks stick to that, if 22wks stick to that; imo it's not a great idea to make huge changes to your routine now when you have something so important to focus on. This is not the time for potential setbacks.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Congrats on the nuptials. I voted for the 4mth stretch and then after the wedding try stretching for 6mths. Since your getting married in the beginning of July, I would wait until the end of June to relax. In regards to bone straight or texlax, it depends on your preference. Have you picked out a style that you want for your wedding?

Mjon912

CONGRATS!!!!!! I say texlax every 4 months, everyone I know who is married has said wedding planning is stressful, combined with stressors that pop up in everyday life that are out of our control combined with having to deal with hair care...make these next few months as easy as you can so you can focus on planning your wedding, hair care is forever but your only getting married once =)