Help me make new concoction.. fenugreek & yogurt

PassionFruit

Since discovering the Indian Grocer around the corner from my house, Ive relapsed into PJ addiction...

so today I went in & got a bag of Fenugreek seeds ( $2) and I bought some plain yogurt ( 99 cents) ..

I have plenty of EOs and things like Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Amla Oil, Mustard Oil and more...

Help me make a concoction

adw425

I tried using the seeds once to make a paste according to a couple of ayurvedic recipes I came across and it was hellacious. Many have said that they have had trouble completely rinsing shikakai or amla or aritha, etc. out of their hair. I have never had a problem with those things, but I had a problem with the fenugreek. It was just awful -- for me -- others may have had a different experience with the paste made from the seeds. I even tried to grind them and no can do. Fenugreek is really good for your hair and scalp, though. I just use powdered fenugreek now -- not the kind that is in the bottle, but the fenugreek that comes in the plastic trays at Whole Foods. I have no powders added to my scalp concoction anymore, but I have added fenugreek, rosemary, sulfur, MSM, etc. at different times. My powdered fenugreek is added to my big canister of powdered herbs that include burdock, rosemary, comfrey, tulsi, gotu kola, horsetail, barley grass, kelp, irish moss...Each week I add a couple teaspoons to my yogurt deep conditioning mix. I always use a bit of conditioner as my base and then add yogurt, coconut oil, honey, my powdered herbs and whatever else I am going to add like aloe vera and MSM and shikakai. It is great stuff.

PassionFruit

I tried using the seeds once to make a paste according to a couple of ayurvedic recipes I came across and it was hellacious. Many have said that they have had trouble completely rinsing shikakai or amla or aritha, etc. out of their hair. I have never had a problem with those things, but I had a problem with the fenugreek. It was just awful -- for me -- others may have had a different experience with the paste made from the seeds. I even tried to grind them and no can do. Fenugreek is really good for your hair and scalp, though. I just use powdered fenugreek now -- not the kind that is in the bottle, but the fenugreek that comes in the plastic trays at Whole Foods. I have no powders added to my scalp concoction anymore, but I have added fenugreek, rosemary, sulfur, MSM, etc. at different times. My powdered fenugreek is added to my big canister of powdered herbs that include burdock, rosemary, comfrey, tulsi, gotu kola, horsetail, barley grass, kelp, irish moss...Each week I add a couple teaspoons to my yogurt deep conditioning mix. I always use a bit of conditioner as my base and then add yogurt, coconut oil, honey, my powdered herbs and whatever else I am going to add like aloe vera and MSM and shikakai. It is great stuff.

Hmmm good info.... Id hate for it to go to waste even if it is only $2

everything Ive read said to soak seeds for at least 5 hours...

Do ya think I could grind them ( in my husbands coffee grinder and of course never tell him) and then put in muslin or similar bag... soak bag for 5+ hours to perhaps make a tea to use as a rinse??

another idea is to grind it & mix with neutral color henna?? put some oils in it to aid rinsing out??

adw425

I think that you could grind or just put the seeds in a muslin herb baggie or the like and infuse for a tea/rinse. I really do not want to discourage the use of the seeds because I could have done it wrong. I did soak the seeds and made a paste, but I could not get that stuff out of my hair. It was like glue stuck in my hair or gum... Maybe I should have thinned it out more... I also find I have more trouble rinsing stuff out when I add too much oil to it, so I am very careful to add just a splash of oil to my hair treatments/deep conditioners/masks.

MissMasala5

I used ground fenugreek, mixed it with some amla powder, made a paste, mixed the paste with some cholesterol and oil and after rinsing, cowashed with lots of condish. I'm doing it again tomorrow, but this time, will make a tea of the fenugreek, strain it, and use this tea for the amla paste. If I had seeds, I would grind in a mortar/pestle, soak in coconut oil for a few days, strain off the seed bits from the oil and use the oil.