help me slow down the process?

Bluerhapzody

Ok ladies I am due to take out my braids and I am planning on relaxing my hair. It has Been years since I relaxed my hair myself so I've lost a lil faith in my relaxing skills. I want to slow down the relaxing process a bit by adding olive oil to my relaxer (either SE or ORS Lye) However I use a mild relaxer already, I am wondering how much olive oil to put in the relaxer and how much longer should I leave it on my hair, I dont think I am really interested in the texlax look but I dont want it bone straight either? Please help

VinDieselsWifey

maybe about 2 tablespoons or 1/4 cup should do it. if you don't want to be texlaxed, you should probably leave it in for the recommended time.

HTH

InnerSoul

I used ORS no-lye and I added 3 tablespoons of oil to it.. 2 tblspoons of sweet almond oil and 1 tblspn of olive oil. I read about it somewhere on this forum awhile back and I tried it... and I loved it but you could probably use any oils I just picked those two. Also I had it on for the specified amount of time.. I was afraid that I had gotten it too straight but once it was rinsed out and roller set my texture was still there (thank God!) I may not leave it on as long next time!

Bluerhapzody

Ok so do I need to put the cream mixed with evoo in another container so the left over relaxer doesnt have oil sitting it or does it even matter?

VinDieselsWifey

Bluerhapzody said:
Ok so do I need to put the cream mixed with evoo in another container so the left over relaxer doesnt have oil sitting it or does it even matter?

i would put it in another container just to be safe

kandegirl

Hey,

I don't have any suggestions on oils but I was just jumping to so say
try and wait at least two weeks before perming your hair. After you take your hair down it needs deep conditioning for a few weeks to better handle the perm. I learned this the hard way a few years ago. MY hair started breaking after a few months.

InnerSoul

Bluerhapzody said:

the relaxer I bought was just for one application.. I was dispose of whatever is left over. I added the oils to the creme.. if u want to save some for another application then like another poster said I would get another container that way the oils want be sitting in the creme for long periods of time.

Bluerhapzody

I usually wait about a week to relax my hair but even thats hard, I know its better to go two or three weeks but I always walk around looking like something from thriller, my hair is a mess with out a relaxer.