Relaxed Heads! What is your hair type and what kind of relaxer do you use?

What is your hair type?

• ~2c

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3B/C

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • 4A

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • 4AB

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • 4B~

Votes: 18 40.0%

• Total voters

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I have no idea -- suppose 4a/b
Salon Relaxed: Design Essentials Regular
Previous Salon: Mizani or Silk 2/II

JudithO

Optimum No Lye Kit in Normal Strength... Works perfect for me... 4BC very fine strands... No dilution.. I leave it in for 21 minutes total (including application and smoothing)

kandegirl

4 A/B. I started using Nairobi sensitive and loved it! But I can't find it anymore. I'll have to get online. I used to use Mizani lye. It worked but left my hair kinda dry.

Note: my hair doesn't get bone straight anymore but I'm cool w/ that but Nairobi does leave it silkier.

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm primarily in the 3s with some 4a. With thick, coarse strands. I use linage shea butter texturizer, lye.

nakialovesshoes

I don't know what 4b,2a,3b,etc means, but I am relaxed and I either use phyto or mizani :)

@twolal - Wow, y'all are gorgeous! Those numbers & letters are hair types. You'd have to google it to see which letter/number combo refers to which hair type.

Queensheba88

4c I normally use ors lye I switched to no lye after being severely underprocessed and got Bone straight results which is what I thought I wanted so I'm switching back to the lye version going bk to textlaxed

cocoagirl

I get mine from the BSS but amazon should sell it.

Saludable84, or anyone can you tell me which BSS (address/name) in NYC you buy your Linange relaxer from and if the container is the dark green one? I am looking for this>>linange.jpg it seems like all I can find online now for the Lye relaxer is this light blue container>linange2.jpg...
thanks

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Saludable84, or anyone can you tell me which BSS (address/name) in NYC you buy your Linange relaxer from and if the container is the dark green one? I am looking for this>> it seems like all I can find online now for the Lye relaxer is this light blue container>... thanks

I get mine from any beauty supply. I have found them in all the BSS in the bronx and the heights so far (the bigger ones). They usually sell both the green is the old packaging and the light blue is the newer packaging.