Help!! My DH wants me to twist his hair!!

Catina72

Hello everyone!! I need some help, recently my DH started growing out his hair. He now has a TWA and would like it twisted. What do I need to make it stay?? Beeswax? Please help!

shaydufblu

Highlander
I use Redken's Water Wax. It always leaves my twists looking very moisturized (not sticky and dry). You can get it at places like CVS (I know, CVS!!- the shame...lol). But I like how my hair looks, and it smells really good too.

Catina72

Thank you ladies!! I knew you would help. Okay, so no beeswax...Shaydufblu, I think I'll be heading to CVS to look for the Redken's Water Wax. Thanks again!:D

JustKiya

Personally, I hate using beeswax in twists because it can be sticky, and can be a - well, it's hard to rinse out.
I twist my hair every week, and I'm in LOVE with ORS Loc & Twist Gel - it comes a in big tub with a purple lid. Of course, my hair IS slightly longer than his, so you might need something with a lil 'extra' hold (as the ORS is a very soft gel), but just be aware that you have to wash the head GOOOD to get the beeswax out - hot water is a must.

Catina72

nappywomyn said:
Personally, I hate using beeswax in twists because it can be sticky, and can be a - well, it's hard to rinse out.
I twist my hair every week, and I'm in LOVE with ORS Loc & Twist Gel - it comes a in big tub with a purple lid. Of course, my hair IS slightly longer than his, so you might need something with a lil 'extra' hold (as the ORS is a very soft gel), but just be aware that you have to wash the head GOOOD to get the beeswax out - hot water is a must.

Nappy, where do you get that gel?? I am heading out in about an hour and if its at Sally's or something I'll try it! I wanna twist it up tonight.

JustKiya

I get it from Sally's, Family Dollar, Walgreens - I'm in Memphis, and it seems like they sell it EVERYWHERE.