frizzy ends

YummyC

Hello everyone,
I am new to all this so I need some help. I seriously started growing my hair in July 4004. So far I have three inches of growth. The ends of my hair are so frizzy because I only air dry.....help

GoingBack

YummyC said:
Hello everyone,
I am new to all this so I need some help. I seriously started growing my hair in July 4004. So far I have three inches of growth. The ends of my hair are so frizzy because I only air dry.....help
My hair is usually frizzy after I air dry because my hair isn't relaxed bone straight. Just put some type of oil or moisturizer on it and it will be okay. HTH!

webby

Think Slim
I ran into this dilemma over the summer. I ended up having to have about 4 inches trimmed (I think that I genuinely needed 2, but the other 2 were courtesy of a scissors-happy stylist).

Anyway, I went back to rollersetting my hair and didn’t have a problem after that. I continue to get dustings every 8 – 9 weeks and I’ve since grown 4+ inches. I think that some hair textures are just better off with assistance. Try rollersetting with or w/o heat and see if that makes a difference.

shoelover1972

Welcome :wave:

What works for me is to moisturise (my concoction of distilled water, olive oil, drops of lavender, peppermint & rosemary oils) the ends & flatten / pull taut the ends into approx 5 rollers or a twisted bun.

HTH

YummyC

I did a roller set followed by a wrap and my ends look much better. I trimmed it a little that also helped. Thanks ladies.

Xcellence2

i agree w/ pradalover. I use either healthy hair butter or some of marguerite's magic on wet hair to prevent them from being frizzy even if i roller set. If my hair is dry then I will use the butter or hair balm. These products are a bit pricey but my hair responded well to them so I have been sticking with that line. What products are you using....that may contribute to dry frizzy ends?

Isis

kitty18 said:
My hair is usually frizzy after I air dry because my hair isn't relaxed bone straight. Just put some type of oil or moisturizer on it and it will be okay. HTH!
Same here. Rollerset airdrying can result in smooth ends though.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
YummyC said:
Hello everyone,
Clip them off. And dust them frequently.

You'll notice healthier, faster growth, even in the short term.

bajanplums1

I agree with most all posts. Once I began rollersetting with moisturizer applied to the ends, my frizzy ends were a thing of the past. The result was even better: LESS CUTTING & TRIMMING. Airdried rollersets are UNDOUBTEDLY the best thing I ever did for my hair.