HELP! Too much protein?

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
I think i used the aphogee reconstructor too much because i now have hair thats hard and tangled. Is this gonna be permanent? How can i make my hair soft again? HELP!

luvhair

but i deep coditioned with moisturefuse right after the reconstructor so wouldnt that have taken care of it?

Kitkat

Maybe you can mix another moisturizing conditioner with the Moisturefuse. Sorry to hear about that; I hope everything turns out okay.

mirrormirror

You should lay off the protein treatments for a while and only deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner on a consistent basis, And that should get your hair back on track.

adrienne0914

the moisturefuse may not have been enough to combat the hardness that sometimes comes with the aphogee. i agree that you should lay off it for a while, but your hair can definitely recover from this!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Islandgirl

When I did the Aphogee treatment, I rinsed my hair for a very long time, making sure to get every bit of it out of my hair. (I read on a post before where someone said their hair had some hard pieces after doing the treatment and someone suggested that it wasn't rinsed out properly)

Also I have read on a thread awhile back where someone used Moisturefuse, and their hair was still hard, and then they used Elucence and their hair was soft again. Probably you needed to keep the conditioner on longer or do two moisturizing treatments. Personally I would mix jojoba or honey with the conditioner (honey is the best, it keeps my hair moisturized and makes it SUPER soft) Those are just some suggestions for whenever you do the treatment again.

I would suggest the same things that the girls suggested above: moisturize moisturize and moisturize.

PS. Are you from St. Thomas, St. Croix, or St. John? I'm from St. Thomas.

luvhair

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Islandgirl said:

PS. Are you from St. Thomas, St. Croix, or St. John? I'm from St. Thomas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am from St. Croix-- Are you still in St. Thomas? I live in California now but I miss St. Croix.

DOTNOV

As the other ladies stated I would continue to moisturize. When I use the ApHOGEE treatment I always follow with the ApHOGEE balancing Moisturizer as instructed than leave it in for 5 mintues as stated. Than use a leave in conditioner and apply more moisturizer such as the s-curl. This has been working great for me. Just continue to moisturize. It sounds like it is lacking moisture some where.

Paris Belle

If you're talking about the 2 minute reconstructor, I know what you mean. I used it once last week and even though I followed it up with the moisturizing conditioner, my hair was kind of dry. I also used a protein conditioner earlier that day so I was wondering if that was it.

Which one were you talking about? The reconstructor (2 min) or the 6 wk. treatment.

Dionne

Moisturefuse is great but aphogee is very strong and it might not have been enough. The last time I used the treatment I used the balancing moisturizer and followed that with some keracare humecto for 20 mintues. Good luck!!

luvhair

Yeah I used the 2 minute reconstructor not the treatment you use every six weeks. So I should just deep condition? Should I use the humecto?

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
You should lay off the protein treatments for a while and only deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner on a consistent basis, And that should get your hair back on track.

[/ QUOTE ] I agree with this. Like Adrienne said, your hair will recover from this. /images/graemlins/smile.gif