Help with 16wk relaxer stretch and 6 wk old sew-in!!

Flourishnikov

Somewhere Flourishing...
Hello Ladies!!

I currently have a sew in weave that I recieved on 12/18/10 (6 wks ago). I have been on a long term stretch and this wknd will be week 16 that I have been relaxer free. My goal is not to go natural, but it just didnt make sense to relax hair that was gonna be braided up for a sew-in.

Im taking out my sew-in this wknd and Im nervous about the shed hair and potential breakage from a 16 week stretch. :nono: My regimen has consisted of:
  • Wash and DC every other wk (mix of aphogee and other products I was trying to use up)
  • moisturize every 1-2 days with 14-1 Hawaaian Silky
  • oil scalp with a MN, rosemary oil, EVOO, Castor oil mixture
I know I should cut out the weave and coat my hair with EVOO before I actually unbraid it, clarify, protein treatment, then DC, but I have a few questions.

1. Do the relaxed ladies that stretch regularly in sew-ins have any products/conditioner recommendations that will allow for better NG manageability and minimize breakage/shedding?

2. Did you have a positive experience stretching your relaxers under a sew-in and did you retain most of your length?

3. Whats the longest that you ever stretched under your weave without getting massive breakage and setbacks?

TIA! :yep: