Help with post-pregnancy hair......

Grow_it_out

I am currently relaxed and I just had a baby three months ago. Everyone knows your hair sheds after having a baby so.... How can I retain my length going through this post-stage while my hair is relaxed? I'm scared to lose alot of hair.:sad:

1) Take Garlic supplements
2) Keep breastfeeding/pumping during the day, BF'ing at night, assuming you have to go back to work
3) Keep taking prenatals.
4) Up your protein intake
5) Pray.

Good luck, and he's a cutie!

1) Take Garlic supplements
2) Keep breastfeeding/pumping during the day, BF'ing at night, assuming you have to go back to work
3) Keep taking prenatals.
4) Up your protein intake
5) Pray.

Good luck, and he's a cutie!

I agree with all of the above. The other thing that helped me retain my length was, to not manipulate the hair too much, and low maintenance styles. Try not to worry about as well.

When you're pregnant, the estrogen levels in your body stops your hair from shedding as much as it normally would. When you have the baby, you start to shed that hair that normally would have been shed, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I would just continue with healthy hair practices and you should be fine.

chile i just had to cut my hair off a few days ago behind that post pardum shedding but i must say i wasnt caring for my hair either so u might have a chance if you jump on it now..

Garlic treatments (internal and external), low- manis and try Nutrine products.
Helped my friend out a lot!

My son will be 3 months on Nov 2nd and my hair has begun to shed.I actually decided that since this in baby number 4, I had to figure out a way to stop this.It is bad enough that your body changes completely,but now you have to lose your hair.I will not let this happen to me again. What I have done is, I started to take GNC hair vitamins and I also ordered Rexall Sundown hair vitamins as well.I am taking an additional 500mgs of MSM and I am taking garlic supplements as well.I am using the the Nurtine garlic shampoo and The Alter Ego garlic conditioner.For the grand finale I am oiling my scalp with indian Vatika coconut oil and Amla oil as well.Now,my hair is down to my waist and I refuse to lose the thickness as well.So far, I have had very minimal shedding at this point,but we shall see.I hope this helps you out.Good luck and please keep us updated on the progress.

Last edited:
Back