Henna + Conditioner

emerald06

I recently purchased some rainbow henna in black. I only want the conditioning benefits of henna, but there was no cassia obovata (neutral henna) at the store.

I'm aware that the Rainbow brand isn't viewed as real henna by some, so I'd like to ask if it is okay to add a little to my conditioner washes. I'd rather use a little bit for a few minutes daily than to deep condition for hours a couple of times a month.

What are your thoughts? Is this safe? My hair is 100% natural.

emerald06

Thanks for any help you can give.

I've read the other henna threads, but I didn't find anything about this specific brand. I'd really like to avoid messing up my hair if this is something that should be avoided. I'm concerned because the indigo isn't separate. There's only one application. I'd like to avoid messing up my hair.

Last edited:

God's Anointed

I'm not sure of the effects but i used to use balck henna. I didn't notice any difference other than the usual dryness. I did switch to an herbal henna though, the herbal is better in my opinion.

alexstin

emerald06 said:
I recently purchased some rainbow henna in black. I only want the conditioning benefits of henna, but there was no cassia obovata (neutral henna) at the store.

I'm aware that the Rainbow brand isn't viewed as real henna by some, so I'd like to ask if it is okay to add a little to my conditioner washes. I'd rather use a little bit for a few minutes daily than to deep condition for hours a couple of times a month.

What are your thoughts? Is this safe? My hair is 100% natural.

I don't see why you'd have a problem. I mix my henna with conditioner but I let it sit for a few hours.

emerald06

Thanks for the replys. :) I hope to soup it up by adding a few drops of castor oil. I know that even if something is natural, it doesn't mean that there won't be an adverse chemical reaction.