Henna ladies looking to make hair Dark without Indigo

LadyChe

Hey ladies!

I don't rave about products often, but I just wanted to share this quick tip...

I'm a frequent henna user - I generally do a henna gloss once a week (pure henna is too drying to my fine strands) and I love the strengthening and shine properties that it gives, but I didn't want the color.

Mixing henna with indigo was a bit too time consuming for me - I don't wat to wait for the color to evolve - but I still wanted a DARK (near jet black) color for all...

ENTER AVEDA Black Malva Conditioner.
Now - Aveda AIN'T cheap - so this treatment also is great because it extends the life of this conditioner.

Add 1-2 tbsps of Aveda Black Malva to your Henna Gloss concoction and allow to sit on hair however long you normally do (1-2 hours for me). The outcome - glossy shiny BLACK hair! Woo hoo!:yay::yay::yay:

Give it a try! Let me know how it goes for you!

mscocoface

Wow sounds interesting, please let us know how long the color lasts on the roots.

There is also and Indigo gloss that can be used just like what you suggested. Some Indigo with conditioner and let it sit on the roots for 15 minutes or more depending on how dark you want it to get.

I just posted the recipe in the henna thread.

The pros to this one is that you can get Aveda almost anywhere, not so with the Indigo.

Thank you for this tip will be adding this to my hair diary under Henna tips and tricks. :grin:

tallygirl

Oh, how interesting! LadyChe, you 'bout to get it started up in hurr, girl. I'm not that adventurous with my hair, but this sounds quite tempting....:yep:

LABETT

I wonder if this will work with Sedal Black Conditioner,it's only $4.95 and be found found at any local Mexican store or where dominican products are sold.

DivaRox

Hey ladies!

I'm a frequent henna user - I generally do a henna gloss once a week (pure henna is too drying to my fine strands) and I love the strengthening and shine properties that it gives, but I didn't want the color.

Mixing henna with indigo was a bit too time consuming for me - I don't wat to wait for the color to evolve - but I still wanted a DARK (near jet black) color for all...

Now - Aveda AIN'T cheap - so this treatment also is great because it extends the life of this conditioner.

Add 1-2 tbsps of Aveda Black Malva to your Henna Gloss concoction and allow to sit on hair however long you normally do (1-2 hours for me). The outcome - glossy shiny BLACK hair! Woo hoo!:yay::yay::yay:

Okay, I've been itching to try henna to darken my hair but have been put off by the mixing. This sounds like something I could try. Do you have the exact recipe for mixing the henna gloss and what type you use, etc.?

tia

LJewel

Hey ladies!

Now - Aveda AIN'T cheap - so this treatment also is great because it
extends the life of this conditioner.

This sounds great! Will it cover gray?