Henna Results

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I wasnt going to post these because I couldnt get a decent side or back shot, but since I took them here they are. the front view at least. My hair is a little darker, I cant really tell if the curl pattern is looser or not. The front is always wavy from being pulled back into a pony tail almost every day. They are also sorta dark...sorry...

Last edited:
Cheleigh said:
Your hair looks so healthy. I love it. Henna made my hair go lighter rather than darker.

Slighly OT: Cheleigh, your latest signature photo: WOW! Your hair is really growing! It's lookin' good!

Thanks ladies!!! :)

wicky2828 said:
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!!! What products do you use to achieve that look???

Right now I have giovanni direct and qhemet honey balm in it. I switch products around tho, some times I use oyin shine n define. Most mornings I've been using giovanni direct and fantasia gel. They dont always want to mix together though, if I'm not careful I will get a white film. Myhoneychild buttery soy cream will give the same effect, but I'm out of it right now. Normally if you have a product that adds moisture and you seal it with something that adds hold, it will dry however it looks when its wet.

RelaxerRehab said:
Slighly OT: Cheleigh, your latest signature photo: WOW! Your hair is really growing! It's lookin' good!

Thanks RelaxerRehab! It's a twistout from two week old twists, so it's at about 70% of it's full length instead of 50% :)

Enchantment: I might try the Soy Butter Creme when I go back for the honey hair mask. Any other MHC products I should try?

I can't see the pics..it just says attached thumbnails in a rectangle but no picture comes up. Help!

Enchantmt said:
I wasnt going to post these because I couldnt get a decent side or back shot, but since I took them here they are. the front view at least. My hair is a little darker, I cant really tell if the curl pattern is looser or not. The front is always wavy from being pulled back into a pony tail almost every day. They are also sorta dark...sorry...

Wow, you and your hair are beautiful! I love your curls! :love:

You mentioned your hair is now darker, did you add anything to your henna to make it darker or did it just happen?

Thanks again ladies!! My hair does have a curl pattern, but camera flash helps a lot. It's more bushy-curly than anything, and you cant really see the crown but thats a lot coarser than the rest and frizzes mostly.

Isis said:
You mentioned your hair is now darker, did you add anything to your henna to make it darker or did it just happen?

I used a henna kit by light mountain in black. Ingredients: Black Henna (Indigoferae folium and Lawsonia inermis). It's supposed to be all natural, but I figure since I dont have a relaxer if it has compound henna in it it wont hurt anyway. It's 4oz (113GM) for 5.95 at the local health food store. I used about half of it and added some alma and fruit pectin. I mixed it with hot coffee instead of hot water.

Enchantmt, your hair is so pretty!!! I love your curls. :yep:
(This is the first time I ever saw your hair.)

Enchantmt said:
Thanks again ladies!! My hair does have a curl pattern, but camera flash helps a lot. It's more bushy-curly than anything, and you cant really see the crown but thats a lot coarser than the rest and frizzes mostly.

I used a henna kit by light mountain in black. Ingredients: Black Henna (Indigoferae folium and Lawsonia inermis). It's supposed to be all natural, but I figure since I dont have a relaxer if it has compound henna in it it wont hurt anyway. It's 4oz (113GM) for 5.95 at the local health food store. I used about half of it and added some alma and fruit pectin. I mixed it with hot coffee instead of hot water.
Thanks for the info. It sure worked for your hair and at a good price too! :up:

Back