HERBAL ESSENCE WARNING!!

summerof1990

Garnier/Pantene/Herbal Essence/Suave/Dove

You are better off not washing your hair at all then using these brands. I would recommend not using ANY drug store brand hair products but these are in a whole new category of awful. Not only do they not benefit the hair, prolonged use has been proven to further to damage the hair.

The shampoo’s have an extremely high pH making them highly alkaline (harsh). To put it into perspective, all of these shampoo’s have a pH that equals the same as dish soap or hair bleach which is 1000 times (real number) stronger then Paul Mitchell’s deep cleanser, Shampoo 3.

The conditioners are even worse. If there is any proven hair healthy ingredients in these conditioners, its minimal. All of these brand’s conditioners use the same science. They use waxes similar to floor wax that heavily builds up on the hair and scalp giving the appearance of conditioned hair. Underneath 100% of the time is dry brittle hair. Some people have so much build up on the hair that I am actually able to scrape off wax from the hair strand.

=( And i thought i had a deal..THIS IS THE ONLY LINE THAT WORK GOOD FOR ME!!! What do u think?

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
can you balance the PH with some aloe juice so that you don't have to throw away tons of products?

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
we need a lank, a works cited list, a peer reviewed study from a journal, some context....come on now lol.

Katherina

Been using Herbal Essence (several formulas) for the past 14 years. Nearing MBL with soft, strong hair... and not buying it :lol:.

chelseatiara

Garnier/Pantene/Herbal Essence/Suave/Dove

You are better off not washing your hair at all then using these brands. I would recommend not using ANY drug store brand hair products but these are in a whole new category of awful. Not only do they not benefit the hair, prolonged use has been proven to further to damage the hair.

The shampoo’s have an extremely high pH making them highly alkaline (harsh). To put it into perspective, all of these shampoo’s have a pH that equals the same as dish soap or hair bleach which is 1000 times (real number) stronger then Paul Mitchell’s deep cleanser, Shampoo 3.

The conditioners are even worse. If there is any proven hair healthy ingredients in these conditioners, its minimal. All of these brand’s conditioners use the same science. They use waxes similar to floor wax that heavily builds up on the hair and scalp giving the appearance of conditioned hair. Underneath 100% of the time is dry brittle hair. Some people have so much build up on the hair that I am actually able to scrape off wax from the hair strand.

=( And i thought i had a deal..THIS IS THE ONLY LINE THAT WORK GOOD FOR ME!!! What do u think?

I think Im going to need some proof :look:

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
Didn't you start a thread saying that new growth is really relaxer washing off a few days ago? I'm gonna need a source for this please :look:

summerof1990

Didn't you start a thread saying that new growth is really relaxer washing off a few days ago? I'm gonna need a source for this please :look:

I didn't say it was washing off i said it was wearing off and u can do your own research for sources if you need an explanation to anything. Not just my post.

yods

These brands go thru a lot of testing before being released on to the market as big companies are hyper sensitive about their brand. The products don't necessarily contain unrefined and superior ingredients but they aren't going to harm your hair either. I would be more cautious about using products from smaller startups popping up everywhere on the internet tbh.

silenttullip

I've heard so many claims on youtube of people with long hair having to cut because garnier fooled them into thinking the hair was healthy but was really damaged that I steer clear. Hello hydration dries my hair out something horrible and the build up omg
Meanwhile I have nothing against high ph chagrin valley has high ph but works for many.
Suave makes me want HURL it makes my hai shed when it wasn't shedding before
I use it to shave my legs thats all

Last edited:

Dposh167

I mean these products are what $3-4 bucks. Maybe even .99 if u catch a sale. I dont think those of us who use these products are expecting any type of luxury lol. Im more weary of products down the aisle of doom...aka the black hair care aisle.

Iluvsmuhgrass

The only way I will give up HELTR and HECMH is if someone pried them out of my cold dead hands. :look: I ain't even playin'. :look:

EDTA: This is something we say in my family as a joke. I'm not about be this serious about conditioner..... well not completely. :lol: And I definitely wouldn't jump on a poster about making a thread. *sigh* It's just not that serious.

Last edited:

LaidBak

OP if you are going to copy and paste something from somebody else you need to make it clear that you are doing so. Not doing so is plagiarism. Doing so would have saved all the "what's your source" questions.

InchHighPrivateEye

I've heard so many claims on youtube of people with long hair having to cut because garnier fooled them into thinking the hair was healthy but was really damaged that I steer clear. Hello hydration dries my hair out something horrible and the build up omg
Meanwhile I have nothing against high ph chagrin valley has high ph but works for many.
Suave makes me want HURL it makes my hai shed when it wasn't shedding before
I use it to shave my legs thats all

Lank? :look: