HERE IS MY COMPARSION SHOT? DON'T PANIC

so1913

keluric said:
I've cut off close to a foot of hair before.. and my hair didn't even need it, I just wanted to switch it up. If your hair will be healthier, do it. I think health trumps length.

Co-signing!!! I cut my passed shoulder length hair down to 1-3inches for the same reason. I have comfort knowing that it will grow back (and it did)....so there's nothing to it but to do it! (especially for health reasons). I know we can't see or feel what you do when you are handling your hair, so you are the best judge;)

Ayeshia

I dont think your ends look bad at all....but of course looks can be deceiving. do what feels best for your hair. I think its gorgeous as is though :yep:

ekomba

den1 said:
stop making me laugh man!!!.....I can't be bothered with gradual trims, at kleast if i cut it now i shouldn't need a trim for at least six months as i'm starting with healthier ends. If i wait until i get more length in the meantime i will be cussing my ends forever, and i'll get depressed and do something stupid. My hair grows fast anyway, i'll probably get the length back in 3 months.

i hear u sis lol then do it so u can start january fresh and motivated then;) i think its best to start the new year with a clean slate :D but i dunno why i m still crying over my straggly ends i cut:lachen: :grin: :lol: even though it regrew i looked in the mirror this morning and i thought i want my 2inches back wanted to cry:lachen: cause for me some was dead ends and then i was kinda having fun with the scissors until i stopped short of giving myself a haircut:grin: :lol: scissors are forever banned from my room i left them in the kitchen haha but i understand it will be a better motivator as it was for me to have healthy hair and keep it that way (but i aint cutting anymore!!:mad: :lachen: :lol: )

Nanyanika

ekomba said:
i hear u sis lol then do it so u can start january fresh and motivated then;) i think its best to start the new year with a clean slate :D but i dunno why i m still crying over my straggly ends i cut:lachen: :grin: :lol: even though it regrew i looked in the mirror this morning and i thought i want my 2inches back wanted to cry:lachen: cause for me some was dead ends and then i was kinda having fun with the scissors until i stopped short of giving myself a haircut:grin: :lol: scissors are forever banned from my room i left them in the kitchen haha but i understand it will be a better motivator as it was for me to have healthy hair and keep it that way (but i aint cutting anymore!!:mad: :lachen: :lol: )
lol looks like i've failed the operation waistlength challenge....we should set another challenge date for 2007. I will not be doing anymore cuts in 2007 i'm just gonna let it grow. we can do it....if we stay focused on our goals. I've decided to begin using my sulfur oil mix again, and i'm adding more vits.

Qt girl

Go ahead and cut it, I pulled relaxer through all of my texturized hair (well a hair stylist did) and it was REALLY damaged from that. :ohwell: If I were you I wouldnt want to risk the healthy hair when trying to make the texturized part straight.

Nanyanika

Qt girl said:
Go ahead and cut it, I pulled relaxer through all of my texturized hair (well a hair stylist did) and it was REALLY damaged from that. :ohwell: If I were you I wouldnt want to risk the healthy hair when trying to make the texturized part straight.
Exactly, i really don't want to ruin the healthy parts of my hair by applying any relaxer through the hair. I really belive there will be an immediate improvement in the texture and health my of mane once its all done

sareca

It's not an easy decision to make, but I haven't regretted my decision to go from 1 inch below APL to about 1 inch below SL. My ends where thin and uneven and took away from the appearance of my hair.

Miz_Complexity

Hey Den it's me Miz_C don't cut your hair, you are my hair inspration as far as length, healthiness and styles are concern. Is it a way to cut an inch or two off the bottom.
I want you to know I will support what every you do. Good luck with your decision.

ekomba

den1 said:
lol looks like i've failed the operation waistlength challenge....we should set another challenge date for 2007. I will not be doing anymore cuts in 2007 i'm just gonna let it grow. we can do it....if we stay focused on our goals. I've decided to begin using my sulfur oil mix again, and i'm adding more vits.

dont worry partner we then making one for 2007. yep it s been extended then!! i need to get back on my grind too i want my 2inches back:mad: lol i wish i could grow 12" by next summer lol i m do my best. I need to make a list of what i need to buy and be focused too. i m keep my hair braided all year. DOnt worry it will regrow Den, i m motivated as well:p ;) :D

Aveena

ekomba said:
Dennnnnnnnn dont cut !!!puhleaze:( lol its hurting me like its my own hair!!!!:( but i hear you if it s for health but why you dont do it gradually like 2-3inches just the ends. You can go ahead though i m just so chicken i m still crying over the 2inches i cut last month :lol: but why not cut after it grows girl? that s drastic but at the same time hum clean slate but your hair is fine sweetie;) i would just take off 2-3inches and more later if needed

I agree. :( I know you feel like you should do it. Have you tried to seal the cuticle? I see the frzz but it looks so full. :( But, if you feel its best....

sprungonhairboards

**DEEEEEP SIGH**

Den I am so through with you. One minute you're kissin waistlength, then you're texturizing, then you're transitioning, then you're relaxing, and in between you keep comin with the scissors!!! Now THIS? :eek:

Look miss missy, I don't care what you do next, alls I know is... the next time I look in that album I better see some hair touchin some waist again! I miss my loooong hair! um:look: I mean your loooong hair! :grin:

Nanyanika

ekomba said:
dont worry partner we then making one for 2007. yep it s been extended then!! i need to get back on my grind too i want my 2inches back:mad: lol i wish i could grow 12" by next summer lol i m do my best. I need to make a list of what i need to buy and be focused too. i m keep my hair braided all year. DOnt worry it will regrow Den, i m motivated as well:p ;) :D
SNIFF SNIFF I want 12 inches too lol. naw i'm serious, i will be taking all supplements, excerising, eating healthy and protective styles. Ekomba when you decide on your list could you post it in your fotki please, and i'll take a look i'll also share my ideas too. should we do progress shots like every 12 weeks. lets get started!!!!!

Nanyanika

sareca said:
It's not an easy decision to make, but I haven't regretted my decision to go from 1 inch below APL to about 1 inch below SL. My ends where thin and uneven and took away from the appearance of my hair.
There's nothing easy about this at all!!! LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH

Nanyanika

sprungonhairboards said:
**DEEEEEP SIGH**

Den I am so through with you. One minute you're kissin waistlength, then you're texturizing, then you're transitioning, then you're relaxing, and in between you keep comin with the scissors!!! Now THIS? :eek:

Look miss missy, I don't care what you do next, alls I know is... the next time I look in that album I better see some hair touchin some waist again! I miss my loooong hair! um:look: I mean your loooong hair! :grin:
LMAO...........WHAT CAN I SAY....WELL I PROMISE I WON'T GO BALD NEXT
Blame this on Affiirm relaxer it messed up my hair, and it won't stop haunting me until i remove this last traces of this devil. You ladies, are fed up with me i know i know, this is the last time, i mean it. You will see waistlength hair just give me 12 months....i know i canm do this..believe in me.

SherryLove

denise, just know that now you have my understanding and support......i know your hair will grow back healthier and fast as ever!!!!!!!!

Nanyanika

SherryLove said:
denise, just know that now you have my understanding and support......i know your hair will grow back healthier and fast as ever!!!!!!!!
HEY SHERRYLOVE THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT, I HOPE I HAVE BEAUTIFUL LONG HAIR LIKE YOU ONE DAY.

ekomba

den1 said:
SNIFF SNIFF I want 12 inches too lol. naw i'm serious, i will be taking all supplements, excerising, eating healthy and protective styles. Ekomba when you decide on your list could you post it in your fotki please, and i'll take a look i'll also share my ideas too. should we do progress shots like every 12 weeks. lets get started!!!!!

Den no doubt!!! i ll post everything soon so we can brainstorm on ideas chica. Sounds like a plan i know i can't update right now just got my hair braided and i d like to keep them at least 2 months it give us time. Come on we did it before girl it will grow hehe andiamos!!!!!!!!:D :) :p Courage!!

Nanyanika

ekomba said:
Den no doubt!!! i ll post everything soon so we can brainstorm on ideas chica. Sounds like a plan i know i can't update right now just got my hair braided and i d like to keep them at least 2 months it give us time. Come on we did it before girl it will grow hehe andiamos!!!!!!!!:D :) :p Courage!!
Thats great Ekomba, I can't wait to read your plan.. I'll post pics of my cut in 3 weeks time and make it a starting point. I'm sure can reach our goals and learn from past mistakes. good luck Au revoir

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Wow den, you're one of my favorite heads of hair. I hate to see your length go, but I know how it is when you know your hair isnt looking its best, tho others cant tell. I went thru this when I was relaxed. My hair looked great, but my ends would tangle, get frizzy when it got humid, and look like a coarser texture than the rest of my hair. It couldnt hold it's shape as well in the wind, I couldnt run my fingers thru it with out getting caught on the ends, and when it didnt look good I didnt feel good. I'm fighting the urge not to cut again, the only thing that is holding me off is that its finally getting enough length to where with product its heavy enough until it dries to lay halfway decent when I do wash n go's. Good luck, and get ready to inspire all the new folx who havent seen your hair at its longest with your new journey. It's a nice reminder that hair WILL grow back, and long hair is not a once in a lifetime achievement to where once you have it you have to hold onto it for fear of not reaching those lengths again. Good luck!!

H

honey_jammz82

LocksOfLuV said:
I'm so sowwy for this but I REALLLY don't think you you need it.:nono: They look thick and healthy to me. Did you try pulling the relaxer through the ends.

ITA, your ends look very healthy!

lonei

Den, they dont look that bad to me, I think you should get a rollerset and then re-evaluate after that, rollersets done correctly can make the word of difference to damaged looking ends! If it still looks bad after that, then cut it..

Nanyanika

Enchantmt said:
Wow den, you're one of my favorite heads of hair. I hate to see your length go, but I know how it is when you know your hair isnt looking its best, tho others cant tell. I went thru this when I was relaxed. My hair looked great, but my ends would tangle, get frizzy when it got humid, and look like a coarser texture than the rest of my hair. It couldnt hold it's shape as well in the wind, I couldnt run my fingers thru it with out getting caught on the ends, and when it didnt look good I didnt feel good. I'm fighting the urge not to cut again, the only thing that is holding me off is that its finally getting enough length to where with product its heavy enough until it dries to lay halfway decent when I do wash n go's. Good luck, and get ready to inspire all the new folx who havent seen your hair at its longest with your new journey. It's a nice reminder that hair WILL grow back, and long hair is not a once in a lifetime achievement to where once you have it you have to hold onto it for fear of not reaching those lengths again. Good luck!!
Aww thank-you for those lovely words of encouragement, the thing is my hair feels lovely and silky most of the way down until it reaches 3-4 inches at the ends and its a mess. I hope can inspire those new ladies who have never seen my longest lengths, my hair grows very fast, i kept cutting the length to remove the texturizer, and i have this last lot to go before i'll be happy and it will be nothing but progress from there.

Sha76

good luck on your cut.

I understand what you are going through with the underprocessed hair ( I have some too). You got to do what you beleive is right for you.

HighlyFavored1

see, this is making me wonder if my decision for texlaxing my hair is the right decision. Why are you deciding to get rid of your texturized ends? is the rest of your hair pretty bone straight?

SouthernGirl

Hi Den :wave:

I don't think it's too short. I took the plunge and cut to about that length myself and I have NO REGRETS! I just wish I didn't have these bangs. Now I'm playing a catch up game but it shouldn't take long for it to all be even again.

Anyhoo, good luck, and go for it! You have beauiful hair. The added thickness you'll gain along with the health by cutting off the ends will make you soon forget about the length you lost.

Just my 2 cents.

HTH,

SG

Nanyanika

HighlyFavored1 said:
see, this is making me wonder if my decision for texlaxing my hair is the right decision. Why are you deciding to get rid of your texturized ends? is the rest of your hair pretty bone straight?
The rest of my hair is pretty straight, my texturized ends are dry and rough feeling. i always airdry in a bun with a lot of product as soon as i decide to wear it down after airdrying, it frizzes and is dry once its straightened it behaves smoother and feels softer.

Nanyanika

lonei said:
Den, they dont look that bad to me, I think you should get a rollerset and then re-evaluate after that, rollersets done correctly can make the word of difference to damaged looking ends! If it still looks bad after that, then cut it..
see looks can be deceiving, please don't be deceived by the thick appearance its dry and damaged. Rollersetting will smooth it out, but i can't be bothered with going through all the trouble of trying to make it look decent.

Nanyanika

Sha76 said:
good luck on your cut.

I understand what you are going through with the underprocessed hair ( I have some too). You got to do what you beleive is right for you.
Thanks girl i need it....