Hey brownrelaxed hair

Hi!

Well right now and for the past 4 weeks I've just airdried my hair and have most recenlty just sprizted S Curl in it and braided it. (waiting for my touch up this week). I did this to deal with the regrowth.

But normally in between washes/rollarsets I'll usually use a teeny bit of extra virgin olive oil on the hair ends all over. I've yet to find a 'hair finisher' that I like.

Are you looking for something? what do you have your eye on if anything?

mirrormirror

Well I just bought Hollywood carrot oil in the liquid today, so far I like it. I usually dont put oil in my hair after its finished, I just wash, deep condition and rollerset. But I know my hair needs oil, especially since its so cold here.

LondonDiva

MM, do you find that the carrot oil stains your hands/pillows? I've used the carrot oil made by proclaim in the past and what put me off was that it stained my hands orange.

mirrormirror

Londondiva
It doesn't stain my hands at all, I like the smell of it, because there is hardly any smell. How did you like Proclaim carrot oil and what were the ingredients?

I agree with you on the cold weather which is the main reason I use the oil. Its just too cold and the wind just strips off any moisture. Its more to protect than anything!

pink lush

hi brown!

Your hair looks so pretty (I looked at your pics).
Quick question, who makes the colorshine and ripple effects that you use?

My hair is relzxed but sometimes I want to try to wear it curly, does Ripple effects help with that?

Thanks

~pinky

Ripple Effects helps make my hair more wavy/curly. Its from the John Frieda's Relax line. I can only keep it in for approx 2/3 days then have to wash it out and start again. I run Kiehls silk groom first though through the hair before spraying the R.E. to stop it frizzing which it does a bit without the Kiehls. I just scrunch the hair alot to encourage the hair to airdry with the waves in.

The Colourshines is by Sebastians Colourshines/Cellophanes. You can get it at alot of beauty supply stores that sell a wide range of hair stuff. Regular hair places don't have them.

Thanks for the compliment and let me know if you try any of these!!

Lindy

Hey brownrelaxedhair,

I have the Ripple Effects... I haven't tried it myself yet, but I did try it on my daughter's hair, and it was awful! Her hair was so stiff and it didn't look wavy, it just looked a mess!!!

If you don't mind my asking, what is your hair type? I'm a 4a/b, and I was wondering if it might be worth giving it a try in my hair? Is Kiehl's Silk Groom the only thing that makes it usable, (I don't have that), or do u think I could substitute something else???? Now that I've had success with the twist-out, I'm definitely in experimentation mode now!!!! /images/graemlins/bdance.gif

My hair is type 3c. I've not used it with anything else than Kiehls Silk Groom so I don't know what to suggest as a good alternative.

Its not a wonder product by any means but I like the waves enough to use it again this summer. Knowing me though I'm sure I'll look for something else as an alternative. I used it once on its own with nothing else in my hair and it was awful too. For me, the Kiehls helped big time.

Maybe get some samples of it? Kiehls are really good at that.

Lindy

That's a great idea... I think I will ask for samples of the Silk Groom. The Ripple Effect is definitely something that is best used in the summer anyhow.

Question!! Pebbles just told me that my hair looks more like a 2b or 3a than the 4a/b I've always thought it was!! I think if anything, I may be a 3b. How do you know when you're a 3b and not a 4a/b???? I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I can't figure it out. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

(Not that this hair type thing really matters, but she's got me curious!!!)

LondonDiva

I honestly can't remember the ingredients, but I never used it for long at all. From when something stains my hands like that, I can no longer use it anymore.