Hey Hey Hey!

Sazzy4Evr

Hi! I am da newest member to da click! Hi I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been a lurker for so long. I can remember when the product hypes started with Surge to Phytorelaxer all the way to MTG. So that means that I have been here for a while. Anyways I do have a problem. I went to get my hair done last week and it was not all good. I had not relaxed my hair all summer and I decided to finally get a relaxer bcuz the new growth was making it harder to wash my hair. Anyway, I went to this beautician to do my hair bcuz I thought that she was into good haircare. I had no problems with her before. But this time I went to get a texturizer and it burned really badly. I had washed my hair a week b4 I got the relaxer and I know that I scratched my hair the day before and sprayed my hair with S-Curl. But I was based really well and the relaxer was only left in for less than 10 minutes. I am not sure of exactly how long. But my head starting burning and after she rinsed my hair she noticed that I had burns along my hairline and edges. I was ready to cry in the shop. The sides along my ears were and still are pink. She put some type of oil along my hairline and recommended that I use Vitamin E capsules. I still have yet to get the capsules even though I know I should have done it immediately. But today as I was just messing around in my hair I have a bald spot by my ear. I never noticed that before and I don't know what to do. My scalp has been very dry and I think that that is in part from it healing from the relaxer. I have put olive oil on my scalp but my scalp continues to be very dry and flaky and now I have a bald spot. Please help me out...

hopeful

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. Don't really have any advice. I suspect the s-curl (if you used it on your new growth and it got on your scalp) and the scratching did you in. Hope you get lots of wonderful advice. Sending you a big (((((HUG))))). Hang in there.

Sweet_Ambrosia

Sazzy4Evr said:
Hi! I am da newest member to da click! Hi I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been a lurker for so long. I can remember when the product hypes started with Surge to Phytorelaxer all the way to MTG. So that means that I have been here for a while. Anyways I do have a problem. I went to get my hair done last week and it was not all good. I had not relaxed my hair all summer and I decided to finally get a relaxer bcuz the new growth was making it harder to wash my hair. Anyway, I went to this beautician to do my hair bcuz I thought that she was into good haircare. I had no problems with her before. But this time I went to get a texturizer and it burned really badly. I had washed my hair a week b4 I got the relaxer and I know that I scratched my hair the day before and sprayed my hair with S-Curl. But I was based really well and the relaxer was only left in for less than 10 minutes. I am not sure of exactly how long. But my head starting burning and after she rinsed my hair she noticed that I had burns along my hairline and edges. I was ready to cry in the shop. The sides along my ears were and still are pink. She put some type of oil along my hairline and recommended that I use Vitamin E capsules. I still have yet to get the capsules even though I know I should have done it immediately. But today as I was just messing around in my hair I have a bald spot by my ear. I never noticed that before and I don't know what to do. My scalp has been very dry and I think that that is in part from it healing from the relaxer. I have put olive oil on my scalp but my scalp continues to be very dry and flaky and now I have a bald spot. Please help me out...

Sorry you had such a bad experience Sazzy4Evr, welcome to the board.

I think that getting the texturizer was the main cause of the problem. Texturizers and Relaxers dont mix, the safest way to get a texturizer if your hair is relaxed is to grow the relaxer out then texturize. Since she put the texturizer ontop of relaxed hair it cause overprocessing, either that or it was the S-curl which I doubt since its mainly water & glycerine. As for the burns you can try pure aloe vera gel or pure shea butter their both good for healing the skin. HTH~

imani97

Sweet_Ambrosia said:
Sorry you had such a bad experience Sazzy4Evr, welcome to the board.

I think that getting the texturizer was the main cause of the problem. Texturizers and Relaxers dont mix, the safest way to get a texturizer if your hair is relaxed is to grow the relaxer out then texturize. Since she put the texturizer ontop of relaxed hair it cause overprocessing, either that or it was the S-curl which I doubt since its mainly water & glycerine. As for the burns you can try pure aloe vera gel or pure shea butter their both good for healing the skin. HTH~
Well, if you used a relaxer to texturize, that shouldn't have been the difference. I'm transitioning from relaxer to texturized using a relaxer and didn't have any problems. You just don't leave the relaxer in as long and do not comb or smooth it as straight as you would for a straight look.

Sazzy4Evr

Thanx so much for the advice. The hairdresser used a relaxer to texturize. However, I do think my hair might have been overprocessed bcuz she ran the relaxer all the way to the ends. I had about two inches of newgrowth or maybe a little more in some places and I admit my hair was looking a little rough bcuz my hair was airdried. But I thought that she knew best and I let her do it.
BTW, where is a good place to get shea butter?

SweetNic_JA

Welcome Sazzy!! Sorry to hear about your dilemna but I'm sure you'll get fixed up real nice over here. Hopefully your injury will clear up soon and thick healthy new growth will fill up the ball spot.

qtgirl

She definitely overprocessed it if she ran it all the way through, but that's not why your scalp burned. The washing a week before is okay, but maybe something in the activator aggrevated it. I just relaxed my hair last week and burned myself in two places (my own stupid mistake) what I've been using is black castor oil on the scabs and they're actually gone now. I would suggest you use the vitamin e on the burned spots and where the baldspot is I'd just nurture it and give it some TLC, are you sure it wasn't already there? How does it look, is it burned as well, is there a scab or is it just a smooth spot?

Sazzy4Evr said:
Thanx so much for the advice. The hairdresser used a relaxer to texturize. However, I do think my hair might have been overprocessed bcuz she ran the relaxer all the way to the ends. I had about two inches of newgrowth or maybe a little more in some places and I admit my hair was looking a little rough bcuz my hair was airdried. But I thought that she knew best and I let her do it.
BTW, where is a good place to get shea butter?

pretty-girl#1

I'm so so sorry you had to experience that :( ! I know that coco butter is good for burns as well as vitamin e! If I were you I'd use both! I'd try my hardest not to use any heat near that area, and keep hair off the irritated spots until they heal. I don't have any idea why this could have happened to you. Good luck! Welcome, I'm a newbie too!

beloved1

Welcome to the board! Your beautician really didn't seem like she knew what she was doing, putting it all the way to the end, AND leaving you with scabs?

It's painful to read about "chemical burns"- doing our hair shouldn't be so hazardous:), which is why I applaud all the natural sisters on the board as well as those who have found relaxers, and methods that keep our poor delicate scalps happy. I was spoiled on my Phyto (LOVE IT!!) Recently was in a bind, and bought some Revlon- burned myself a little bit in two places. I was besides myself. After 6 months with Phyto, I just couldn't accept that. Next time I'm trying Vitale (main ingredients Water, Aloe). And as soon as my "budget squeeze" ends, I will be back to the Phyto:) Maybe what she used was too harsh for you?