Hey Mizani Moisturefuse Crew!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
First let me say that the "new" Moisturefuse really isn't half bad--I just favor the original and IMO it did have the better ingredients.

Well, I don't know if you've heard of ION hair products. They are sold exclusively at Sally's. Their moisturizing conditioner has an impressive ingredient list. In fact, many of the ingredients are super-similar to that of our beloved original moisturefuse. I bought a small tube of it and will let you know after I try it what it's like. In the mean time, here are the ingredients:

Water(Aqua)
Cetyl Alcohol
Stearyl Alcohol
Quaternium-18
Stearalkonium Chloride
Magnesium Sulfate
Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein
Hydrolyzed Keratin
Panthenol
Matricaria(Chamomilla Recutita) Extract
Comfrey(Symphytum Officinale) Extract
Jojoba(Simmondsa Chinesis) Oil
Lecithin
PEG-5 Soy Sterol
PEG-10 Soy Sterol
PEG-100 Stearate
Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil
Wheat Germ (Triticum Vulgare) Oil
Sesame(Sesamum Indicum) Oil
Corn (Zea Mays) Oil
Glyceryl Stearate
Stearamine Oxide
Isopropyl Alcohol********
Citric Acid
Methylparaben
Imidazolidinyl Urea
DMDM Hydantoin
Propylene Glycol
Frangrance (Parfum)
Yellow 5(CI 19140)
Red 40(CI 16035)

******The Isopropyl Alcohol concerned me for a minute, but it's my understanding that ION is a reputable brand of hair products. Also, it's near the end of the ingrdient list and if I'm not mistaken Valleygirl uses this and she has GORGEOUS, HEALTHY hair!

Can't wait to try it--will let ya know soon. Bye

Thanks for posting supergirl and let us know what you think of it. Especially compared to Mizani.

I bought 2 bottles of the Mizan herb version so I'll be good with that for a while.

Ion's is cheaper though isn't it? Its always good to know of conditioners that can do the job or higher end ones for much less.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Ion's is cheaper though isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing and smiling about it
until I realized that the ION cost about the same per ounce as the Moisturefuse.

VALLEYGIRL

if I'm not mistaken Valleygirl uses this and she has GORGEOUS, HEALTHY hair!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why thank you Supergirl....you've got one gorgeous healthy head of hair yourself!!!

But Yes I love this stuff..I use it mainly after I am done wearing my hair in a straight flat ironed style. It is great for making my curls spring back. I didnt even notice the Isopropyl Alcohol on the ingredients until you just posted it. I have had no drying effects whatsoever from this product. I use it with heat and my hair feels moist and replinished after rinsing it out.

I buy the big pump size bottle and it lasts a while since I only use it when I straighten my hair

Let me know how you like this one too Supergirl
(you have a few product reviews to give me now ...this and the Millenia Mud
)

Valleygirl

Allandra

I used the Ion moisturizing conditioner a long time ago. Ion was one of the first product lines I tried when I first started 'hanging out' at internet hair boards.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme has isopropyl alchohol high on the ingredient list, too. I bought a little sample bubble pack a while ago. It didn't make my hair feel rough or dry, but because of the alchohol, I won't be purchasing a large size anytime soon...

Hask Placenta has a lot of alchohol in it and a lot of ladies like the results they get.

I just don't understand why they put rubbing alchohol in products meant to moisturize hair.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I just don't understand why they put rubbing alchohol in products meant to moisturize hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, me too. I'd be interested in knowing what purpose it serves too.

But check this out--I have the full-size container of the L'Oreal Nature's Therapy and Isopropyl Alchol is not listed at all. Maybe the larger size of the ION product doesn't have it either(since Valleygirl didn't notice it on hers). Maybe it's something they have to add to smaller containers of stuff for some reason