Mane-N-Tail Olive oil, Carrot oil and Soy oil creams?

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by HoneyDew, Feb 12, 2007.

1. HoneyDew

HoneyDew Well-Known Member

Have you guys ever used them? I got some samples but, as always I am afraid to try them. The ingredients look good, though.

Olive Oil Cream
    [​IMG]
    Water , Olive Oil , Olus Oil , PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil , Isopropyl Myristate , Glyceryl Stearate , Cyclopentasiloxane , Dimethicone , Carbomer , Panthenol , Triethanolamine , Wheat Protein , Vitamin E , DMDM Hydantoin , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate , Fragrance , D&C Blue No. 1 , Herbal Blend Extract , Horsetail Grass , Chaparral , Colts Foot , Horse Chestnut , Meadow Sweet , Red Clover

Soy Oil Cream
    [​IMG]
    Water , Soybean Oil , Olus Oil , PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil , Glyceryl Stearate , Panthenol , Carbomer , Isopropyl Myristate , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein , Tocopherol , Laureth-4 , Polysorbate , Dimethicone , BHT , Herbal Blend Extract , Horsetail Grass , Chaparral , Colts Foot , Horse Chestnut , Meadow Sweet , Red Clover , Polyethylene , Cetearyl Alkyl Glucoside , Cetyl Alcohol , Isostearyl Lactate , Fragrance , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate , Cyclopentasiloxane , DMDM Hydantoin , Orange 4 Cl 15510 , Yellow Cl 19140

Carrot Oil Cream:
    [​IMG] (not sure of the ingredients)

2. pressncurl

pressncurl New Member

Hmmm . . . those actually look pretty good. Mane n Tail is really expanding.

3. HoneyDew

I know they really are. I just hope the prices of the shampoo and conditioner stay as reasonable as they have been. I LOVE the conditioner.

4. BrownSkin2

BrownSkin2 Well-Known Member

I have used the carrot oil creme and the olive oil creme, always followed with the mane n' tail leave-in spray, and it makes my hair very shiny and black. I liked the carrot oil creme much better. The olive oil creme left a white film and a dull appearance that I didn't like. They can be very oily if you use too much though.

5. HoneyDew

Ok, I tried a little of the carrot cream. It was okay - nothing bad, at least. It is not as thick as ORS olive oil cream but has the consistency of the Pink oil lotion that every loves to hate, but without the mineral oil, etc.

It did not give me as much shine as my Aveda Brilliant Universal styling creme, though. As a matter of fact I topped off with some of that to get more shine

It was way more watery than I thought it would be since they sell it in a jar. It seems like it should be in a bottle or tube.

One good thing is that it does not seem to revert my flat ironed hair. I only use about 2 or 3 dime sized amounts all over, though.

6. xDestinedx

xDestinedx New Member

I just purchased the MnT Soy Oil Creme...

its smells horrendous to me but it is very moisturizing....I had a hard time working it into my newgrowth...but it was pretty decent on the relaxed part of my hair.

Edit:...the smell is obviously "supposed" to be good...but it ended up smelling like feet and flowers to me.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  7. Radianthealth

Radianthealth Well-Known Member

I have tried the olive oil and soy oil cream. They weren't memorable and I think the soy oil cream was kinda greasy.

8. e$h

e$h New Member

I bought the olive oil creme and used it a couple times and left it alone. I've used it in my kids hair and it was okay. Haven't used it in awhile. I'm on the "JUST USE IT UP" challenge so I need to be revisiting it.

9. HoneyDew

ewwww. I don't want to try that one now. :lol:

I still have not used any of the others besides the carrot oil creme. It was just :look: for me. Nothing fantastic. I doubt I will every buy them. Thank goodness for samples!! I will stick with my Qhemet and Aveda for now and revisit the Mane N Tail later. Sometimes things work better when they are revisted.

10. SqrpioQutie

SqrpioQutie Well-Known Member

i use the soy oil cream when i'm doing a wash n go for my edges.... i think it's too heavy for when i wear my hair straight... and yeah, it is sorta greasy...

11. xDestinedx

xDestinedx New Member

I was in your fotki one day and read that you used it....saw it online again and then purchased it...:lol: ....I guess thats how advertising works.

12. HoneyDew

Look at all that pretty hair! Go head on gurl!! :D

13. SqrpioQutie

SqrpioQutie Well-Known Member

lol... gotta love advertising...

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu