Hi! New here and finally coming out lurk mode!

ricochet

Hey Ladies! I have been lurking this board for a while now and I just have to say that you ladies are ON POINT with your knowledge and tips. /images/graemlins/wink.gif You guys are so helpful to each other and I love that! I will be back in school soon so I just wanted to introduce myself before all the chaos and classes start /images/graemlins/wink.gif...My name is micarae and I am also micarae on nappturality. I started growing my hair out long like the late great Aaliyah(RIP) in summer 2000. My friends and I made a bet that we would NOT cut our hair. I only trimmed with every other retouch. I was pretty good at taking care of my hair but I could always learn more. I started doing research online and came across so many hairboards about haircare(Yahoo's Relaxed Hair care, BHCAB, BHSGO, Creative Hair Illusions, Wanakee, the old LHL etc) and became HOOKED. Haircare became my hobby(and still is /images/graemlins/grin.gif) I am loaded with so much information, I could POP! I even bought Cathy Howse's book. Months passed and my hair was looking fantastic. I had been doing to moisturizing techniques from Cathy and the baggie technique I learned about on Yahoo(whoever thought of that one is a GENIUS /images/graemlins/laugh.gif) My hair had retained so much length! I was so excited...But during my relaxed days, I was not happy with the condition of my hair. I wanted my hair to be as healthy as possible. While reading thru various boards and information, I realized that alot of women were natural. Now, I knew NOTHING about natural hair. My mom did my hair until I was 12-13 old and I did not get a relaxer until that time so relaxed hair was ALL I KNEW. Nevertheless, I just started reading more and more. I won't bore you guys with all the details but let's just put it like this...I am very familiar with Mr. John, Pamela Ferrell, Lonnice Bonner, nc.com, nappturality.com, nappyhair.com, lhl.com, the "Crown and Glory" Technique, Brenda(SSOTP), Carolyn Gray, Wanakee, Cathy Howse, D. Low, etc. <panting out of breath>

After my October 2001 retouch, I said no more relaxers. I am now au naturale. /images/graemlins/cool.gif I cut my 11"-13" hair down to an 8 inch bob while transitioning and a month later I was down to about 2-3 inches of hair. I am learning more and more everyday and I hope to still grow it long like Aaliyah's(RIP). I just have to say ladies, that you guys are the bomb! I love this messageboard! If more black women knew what we know, it would be ON! I try my best to spread the knowledge from this board and nappturality. You guys are great! Sorry this was sooo long but I just wanted to give a little background on me.

We can take care of our hair whether it's relaxed or natural. I have learned that and I hope to see more beautiful heads of hair walking around soon! All the pics I have seen here are GORGEOUS /images/graemlins/smile.gif...no other word for these beautiful heads of hair on LHCF. Keep growing Ladies! I hope to be able to contribute as much as possible! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

LondonDiva

Micarage WELCOME !! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

That was some introduction. Never apologise about the length of your posts girl, the amount of time some of us spend on here, we take great pleasure in it.

I'm glad you have taken it upon yourself to gain knowledge about your hair and that it growing very well, and moreso you're pleased with the results.

I do have to agree with you, the ladies on here are wonderful and it's PEACEFUL thank god and we are totally respectful of each other which makes this a great board to frequent on.

Enjoy your time here. I'd love to see a pic of your healthy hair BTW.

ricochet

Thank you for the warm welcome ladies! To answer your question about my length Sweetcocoa, it is back to about 5-6 inches long all over now after a slight trim.(took about a 1/2 inch off /images/graemlins/wink.gif)