High Po Holy Grail

Mische

Natural or relaxed? Natural
Hair type: 4c
Holy grail products/brands: Shescentit (Riche Moisture conditioner, Curl Moist conditioner, Coco Creme & Green Tea leave-ins, and everything else I've ever tried from the line...) Annabelle Perfect Blends (love the leave-in sprays for the "L" in my LCO and her infused oils to seal) Oyin (Hair Dew, Whipped Pudding) and Komaza (Protein Strengthener)
Why you love them: They help me retain moisture and ultimately retain length.

SheWalks

Hair type: 4c
Holy grail products/brands: Shescentit (Riche Moisture conditioner, Curl Moist conditioner, Coco Creme & Green Tea leave-ins, and everything else I've ever tried from the line...) Annabelle Perfect Blends (love the leave-in sprays for the "L" in my LCO and her infused oils to seal) Oyin (Hair Dew, Whipped Pudding) and Komaza (Protein Strengthener)
Why you love them: They help me retain moisture and ultimately retain length.

I'm making a cart of shescentit but I'm trying to limit myself, out of the two deep conditioners which one do you pick up first? I want to up my hard protein some more but I don't really have a moisturizing deep conditioner to follow it just in case.

NaturallyATLPCH

Holy grails: Annabelle's Perfect Blends leave ins, Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser Reconstructing Butter, Aphogee Two Step (step 1), Annabelle's Hair Creams, Oyin Hair Dew
I'm a 4c Natural by the way.

fluffyforever

Natural or relaxed: natural
Hair type: 4a/b
Holy Grail products: protein.
Why: I got a Komaza analysis done to help figure out my hair and one of the main recommendations was weekly protein. My hair feels completely different since incorporating protein conditioners (Mill Creek Botanicals & Aubrey GPB), and the Komaza protein treatment. My coils FINALLY clumped from root to tip and they are ridiculously defined now. I'm excited for wash'n'go season now!
How do you use the proteins? Do you apply after shampoo and let out sit on your hair with a cap or no cap? Do you let it dry on your hair then rinse out? I'm looking to transform my hair and I think I may be HiPo.

And do any of you use a leave in? What kinds?

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
Hair type: 4a/b
Holy grail products/brands: Claudie's Revitalizer normalizing hair conditioner and Claudie's Revitalizer Renew protein conditioner.
Why you love them: These are the only products so far that has help with my high porosity. The normalizing conditioner really helps to get my hair to accept some type of moisture. The renew protein conditioner helps fill in the gaps. However, I have yet to find a good leave in conditioner or styler because my hair still poofs in humidity. I am open to suggestions from the other hi po ladies out there.

gn1g

Natural,
My hair is a protein lover, Brown Gel, Keratin Green tea leave-in, duo Tex, Aphogee
My hair loves HE hello hydration

Mische

I'm making a cart of shescentit but I'm trying to limit myself, out of the two deep conditioners which one do you pick up first? I want to up my hard protein some more but I don't really have a moisturizing deep conditioner to follow it just in case.

@kodochax Well, I've been using Riche Moisture for longer... had it for a couple years now vs. the Curl Moist which I just picked up during the last Black Friday sale. So, probably that one. But when I did a side by side comparison, I couldn't tell a difference between the two. Curl Moist smells better, but that's just my personal nose preference and doesn't actually mean anything! :laugh:

SheWalks

@kodochax Well, I've been using Riche Moisture for longer... had it for a couple years now vs. the Curl Moist which I just picked up during the last Black Friday sale. So, probably that one. But when I did a side by side comparison, I couldn't tell a difference between the two. Curl Moist smells better, but that's just my personal nose preference and doesn't actually mean anything! :laugh:

Thanks! I'll be picking one up soon.

LavenderMint

I apply it after shampooing and blotting my hair so it's no longer dripping or flinging water if I move quickly. Once in, I let it just sit while I do other things. It says 20-30 minutes without a cap and I don't mind since it smells like Sweet Tarts.

I use leave-ins that say leave-in on the bottle- not a rinse out conditioner as a leave-in. I only have three: Giovanni Direct Leave-In, Kinky Curly Knot Today, and Camille Rose Moisture Milk.

How do you use the proteins? Do you apply after shampoo and let out sit on your hair with a cap or no cap? Do you let it dry on your hair then rinse out? I'm looking to transform my hair and I think I may be HiPo.

And do any of you use a leave in? What kinds?

imaginary

Hair type: 4ab
Holy grail products/brands: chelating shampoos (redken hair cleansing creme and ors creamy aloe), hard protein, aloe vera juice
Why you love them: Chelating shampoo were vital because I never realized how mineral deposits were ruining my hair. Proteins make my hair soft like no other and wetting my hair with aloe vera juice to moisturise my hair leaves my hair a lot softer than water which makes my hair almost crispy (tried this with the same moisturizer too).

LavenderMint

Re: Oyin, if you live in the Baltimore metro area they do sweat equity. You basically sign up and then work with them for a few hours and then they give you a coupon. I work within walking distance of their home base and toyed with the idea but never followed through.

I recommend oyin hair dew. I've tried others but I always come back to this one. I get the liter online which makes it even more affordable. I recommend getting it at target, so you can always return if you don't like it.

SheWalks

Re: Oyin, if you live in the Baltimore metro area they do sweat equity. You basically sign up and then work with them for a few hours and then they give you a coupon. I work within walking distance of their home base and toyed with the idea but never followed through.
That sounds so cool, I would definitely sign up for one of these if I was in the area. :grin:

Mische

@MeaWea I can attest to these being awesome! They're called bottling parties and I've gone to 4 or 5 of them in the last year. So much fun! The tickets go really quickly though.

fluffyforever

I recommend oyin hair dew. I've tried others but I always come back to this one. I get the liter online which makes it even more affordable. I recommend getting it at target, so you can always return if you don't like it.
Thank you so much for the suggestion for the Oyin Hair Dew. I picked up a bottle at Target and tried it once a few days ago on cowashed hair (I know I need to stop cowashing all the time and get on this protein train). It's hard to squeeze it out of that bottle, and I was in a rush so I didn't get to apply diligently. However, I love the way it felt smooth going on. My hair is no where in great condition, because I'm lazy (working on that), but even today that little I used a few days ago still has my hair smooth in both directions. I can't wait to use an appropriate amount on shampooed hair this weekend. Hopefully my hair will turn itself around between upping my protein, using a smoothing leave-in, and shampooing more instead of water rinses and cowashes.

SheWalks

Thank you so much for the suggestion for the Oyin Hair Dew. I picked up a bottle at Target and tried it once a few days ago on cowashed hair (I know I need to stop cowashing all the time and get on this protein train). It's hard to squeeze it out of that bottle, and I was in a rush so I didn't get to apply diligently. However, I love the way it felt smooth going on. My hair is no where in great condition, because I'm lazy (working on that), but even today that little I used a few days ago still has my hair smooth in both directions. I can't wait to use an appropriate amount on shampooed hair this weekend. Hopefully my hair will turn itself around between upping my protein, using a smoothing leave-in, and shampooing more instead of water rinses and cowashes.

Glad it's working out for you too, I have no clue why oyin works so well because the ingredients don't seem out of the ordinary but it does :yep:. Definitely up your protein and keep it up!

Sosa

In the winter, I have been adding a little Blue Magic to my ends after I wash...I think it is good for me. Kept the moisture in and is cheap as heck.

I wear my hair up mostly so wasn't too worried about a greasy neck. Lol.

meka72

Recently, I've been using the Alba Botanica So Smooth conditioner to cowash with. It smooths my cuticle better than ACV and I'm thinking about using it as a final rinse, instead of ACV, on wash day.

SheWalks

I added 2 new things to my hair today, Shescentit Okra & Oyin Whipped Pudding (along with my oyin hair dew) and so far so good! I gave myself a trim last week and my hair was much easier to detangle.

LavenderMint

Tried RenPure Keratin straightening conditioner this morning- I purchased it because I was in a time crunch & couldn't find anything else with noticeable protein. I really liked it. No loosening of curls, just really smooth hair.

KaciaLN12

I am going to suggest a couple tips that I feel really helped to normalize my porosity. I'm still more high than normal porosity, but it is much better. I have used other methods and products, but these 2 things made the most noticeable difference.

Deep conditioning with heat. Adding the heat makes a huge difference and makes the DC work 10x better.

Adding coconut oil over the DC before adding heat. This adds extra slip to every DC and helped to keep my hair feeling strengthened, even when I wasn't on top of my protein. It also kind of acts like an oil rinse in that it leaves a smoothness to the hair that lasts through the styling session.

I have gotten lazy with the coconut oil layering and I need to get back to it.

Smiley79

Now that I finally tried it, I can finally vouch for Claudie's Normalizing conditioner. I will keep using it a while longer and come with a final review.

Smiley79

So in my stash I have Kinky Curly Knot Today and Oyin Hair Dew. Oyin Hair Dew can stay, but KCNT is not doing anything remarkable for my hair. (It did when I first did my big chop) Now it works wonders for my daughter's curly hair.
So I would like some suggestions of moisturizers other than Oyin Hair Dew that could be great for High Po hair. Any ideas ladies?

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
So in my stash I have Kinky Curly Knot Today and Oyin Hair Dew. Oyin Hair Dew can stay, but KCNT is not doing anything remarkable for my hair. (It did when I first did my big chop) Now it works wonders for my daughter's curly hair.
So I would like some suggestions of moisturizers other than Oyin Hair Dew that could be great for High Po hair. Any ideas ladies?
@Smiley79 I have good results with Smooth Naturals Ultimate Hair Treat. That is what I was using before I bought the Oyin hair dew. It has an acidic pH so it helps smooth our hi po cuticles. I like the hair dew but I'm a still use the smooth naturals too :yep:. I got a great curlformer set using the Smooth Naturals products.