High Po Holy Grail

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
So in my stash I have Kinky Curly Knot Today and Oyin Hair Dew. Oyin Hair Dew can stay, but KCNT is not doing anything remarkable for my hair. (It did when I first did my big chop) Now it works wonders for my daughter's curly hair.
So I would like some suggestions of moisturizers other than Oyin Hair Dew that could be great for High Po hair. Any ideas ladies?
Also try using the kimmaytube leave in recipe with the kckt. That was the conditioner she used in the original recipe.

Smiley79

Hey @tashboog Girllll, you got all the good recommendations! I never heard of that company, I will look into it. Thank you so much for sharing that one.

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
Hey @tashboog Girllll, you got all the good recommendations! I never heard of that company, I will look into it. Thank you so much for sharing that one.
The owner is actually a youtuber that I used to follow. Her products are really good and my hi po hair does fairly well with her products. I tried her moisturizer, gel, and butter and I get a really nice curlformer set when I use all of her products. Her products are reasonable too, but I'm not sure if she has samples that you can order. I think you will have to check her website.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
November 26, 2017 update is in another post, below.

-----------------

I am excited and elated to report that I am finally honing in on holy grail products for my hair. It is GREAT, too! Don't give up: Also think about whether you need to chelate/clarify to start with a clean slate or if you need a protein treatment to prepare your hair to take on products better.

Natural or relaxed? Natural

Hair type: 4a . . . in the LOIS system, O

Holy grail products:
  1. Detangler: Soultanicals Hair Glide or Qhemet Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee
  2. Cleanser: 1st Sheaterra Moroccan Rhassoul Mud-Poo, 2nd 22nd Century Natural Woman Shampoo Bar
  3. Protein Treatment: Komaza Care Protein Hair Strengthener
  4. Moisturizing Deep Conditioner: Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Deep Penetrating Hair Treatment
  5. Balancing Deep Conditioner: Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Mint Deep Conditioner
  6. Leave-in: I'm still looking. Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion and TGIN Green Tea Super Moist Leave In are both new to me but performing pretty well so far. Oyin Hair Dew gives me moisture for days, but I can't handle the scent.
  7. Gel: Curl Prep Around the Way Gel or Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker
  8. Honorable Mentions:
    1. Shea Moisture High Porosity Moisture-seal Masque shower-steamed in to condition/soften hair
    2. Oyin Hair Dew as a moisturizing leave-in (I can't handle the smell, though, but it gives moisture for DAYS)
Why you love them:
  1. Soultanicals Hair Glide: Detangles my hair like a BEAST
  2. Qhemet Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee: Magically melts through my tangles somehow, and leaves my hair very moisturized
  3. Sheaterra Moroccan Rhassoul Mud-Poo: Cleanses my hair but leaves it moisturized with oil yet springy and light. I got the Rosemary Carrot Seed version, and next I hope to try the Mongongo Banana version some time.
  4. 22nd Century Natural Woman Shampoo Bar: Cleansing without stripping . . . while in my hair keeps it elongated so that it doesn't retangle or so that I can do some detangling with it in
  5. Komaza Care Protein Hair Strengthener: Brittleness and lack of curl definition can't live in the presence of this stuff. INSTANTLY just FIXES my hair. After use, my hair is strong and healthy and ready to take on product very well.
  6. Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Deep Penetrating Hair Treatment: The ONLY DC I've experienced yet that infuses LASTING moisture into my hair that remains after rinse-out. I want to try the Amika RX treatment that Naptural85 has recommended a few times, but other than that, I don't have a desire to try any more DCs.
  7. Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Mint Deep Conditioner: It's perfect for when I need a DC but don't want to change/affect my moisture-protein balance. Provides good moisture, and that is very rare for me in a DC.
  8. Curl Prep Around the Way Gel: moisturizing, elongating, zero flakes on my hair, applies like a paste
  9. Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker: Smells divine. Moisturizing. Adds sheen. Zero flakes on my hair.
  10. Shea Moisture High Porosity Moisture-seal Masque: Nothing softens my hair like this when shower-steamed in for 5 minutes. I view it as a hair salvager.

Last edited:

beingofserenity

I don't know if I am hi po or lo po, but protein is essential for my hair

Aphogee 2 step every six weeks
Silk elements cholesterol mixed with Mizani Hydrafuse every two weeks or so.

I blow dry and use product very lightly until I wash again.

dannie85

View media item 129135This past week I tried a new gel by The Mane Choice and am so feeling my hair right now. Never have I gotten such a nice hold with softness and shine at the same time! It also significantly cuts down on my normal frizz, clumps my hair so well and still allows my hair movement without stiffness once it dries. Used it with my mielle organics hair milk of course. I'm so in love. This is my day two look.

Curls&Justice417

Aloe Vera juice! I buy the Lily of the Desert inner fillet juice and mix it one part juice with one part distilled water. I spray it on right after my leave in and right before my sealant. It's a staple in my hair care routine.

I also really love the Shea Moisture High Porosity hair elixir spray.

krissyhair

I just stopped by this thread to say that I didn't discover my favorite or holy grail products and know immediately.

They snuck up on me as repeat purchases over the years.

I just noticed this morning I go back to the same shampoo and conditioner no matter what other ones, or back up products I try.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
View media item 129135This past week I tried a new gel by The Mane Choice and am so feeling my hair right now. Never have I gotten such a nice hold with softness and shine at the same time! It also significantly cuts down on my normal frizz, clumps my hair so well and still allows my hair movement without stiffness once it dries. Used it with my mielle organics hair milk of course. I'm so in love. This is my day two look.

Do you still like this combo? TIA!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
November 26, 2017 Update
  1. Prepoo: Chicoro's prepoo method/recipe, the version utilizing glycerin in Step One (see thread You Need a Moisture-Drenched Pre-Poo?)
  2. Detangler: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion (I don't know of a more slippery product)
  3. Chelating shampoo to remove mineral deposits and so forth: HairPrint Chelating Shampoo
  4. Cleanser: Soultanicals Soulvedic Poo Bar (this stuff cleanses, detangles, conditions, and moisturizes--it HEALS my hair and is ah-mazing!!!)
  5. Deep conditioner: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey masque, applied like a relaxer and squeezed into the strands, worn under heat for 45-60 minutes, rinsed out with cool water. Incredible. I think it's the honey, so I'm going to trial the Bask & Bloom Brahmi mask soon.
  6. Strengthening & moisturizing leave-in ayurvedic hair tea (performs 10 times better than Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin spray): DIY CurlyProverbz Ayurvedic Hair Tea
    1. Distilled water (enough to fill a tea mug)
    2. Henna: 1 teaspoon
    3. Aloe Vera powder: 1/2 teaspoon
    4. Amla: 1/2 teaspoon
    5. Brahmi: 1/2 teaspoon
    6. Few drops of lavender or tea tree
  7. Protein treatment: Komaza Protein Hair Strengthener (one application seems to have turned my hair around)

Last edited: