Hip Tbl & Beyond Challenge 2018

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Yes ma'am. I actually thought about that earlier this year and another poster mentioned she only believes true length on natural hair when it's fully wet when you get the least shrinkage. In the shower, that same area reaches my waist :look:

Well, I guess I'll have to try that next time. After all the cutting I've done so far, I haven't been in the mood to do a length check.

Evolving78

Congrats on WL @Daina !
I hope delivery goes smoothly, @lulu97 !

I'm stopping by to drop some styled hair pictures from vacation. I wound up trimming a good bit. I think maybe an inch or two after these pictures. My hair did not like something to do with the blow drying process. I also wound up returning the Revlon Styler to discourage myself from blow drying more often. But my hair is doing really well after the trim and I don't Feel the lost length so it's all good.

Anyway here we go:

Two days after the blow dry. I was Really feeling my hair.
View attachment 410691

A week after the blow dry. You can actually see the henna in my hair toward the bottom.
View attachment 410687
You look like a Doll! So pretty!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Congrats on WL @Daina !
I hope delivery goes smoothly, @lulu97 !

I'm stopping by to drop some styled hair pictures from vacation. I wound up trimming a good bit. I think maybe an inch or two after these pictures. My hair did not like something to do with the blow drying process. I also wound up returning the Revlon Styler to discourage myself from blow drying more often. But my hair is doing really well after the trim and I don't Feel the lost length so it's all good.

Anyway here we go:

Two days after the blow dry. I was Really feeling my hair.
View attachment 410691

A week after the blow dry. You can actually see the henna in my hair toward the bottom.
View attachment 410687

My goodness @Colocha You are beautiful. You have a joyous spirit beaming through your pictures!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I just cut back a little due to WNG and ssk, but this is my length: MBL.
View attachment 410731

This is not my length check bra for BSL. WL is a hard length for me because it's roughly 6 whole inches and with cutting and regular damage (can't help it) it's hard to get it in a full year. October is my 4yr nappiversary.

I hope to be there by the end of the year, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Also want to add that I believe full length checks are more reliable when the hair is fully wet, and in the shower, I actually am WL.

@Saludable84 Great progress!!!!! I do agree with the true length showing through on soaking wet hair in the shower. My hair soaking wet is totally different than when I pull it dry.

Daina

I just cut back a little due to WNG and ssk, but this is my length: MBL.
View attachment 410731

This is not my length check bra for BSL. WL is a hard length for me because it's roughly 6 whole inches and with cutting and regular damage (can't help it) it's hard to get it in a full year. October is my 4yr nappiversary.

I hope to be there by the end of the year, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Also want to add that I believe full length checks are more reliable when the hair is fully wet, and in the shower, I actually am WL.

@Saludable84, so glad you posted and gave us pics of that thick, lush, beautiful hair of yours! I think you are closer than 6 inches even with dry hair...I honestly have never really paid attention or did a pull test while in the shower. I will definitely try that the next time I cleanse as now I am curious if there is a difference for me.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Saludable84, so glad you posted and gave us pics of that thick, lush, beautiful hair of yours! I think you are closer than 6 inches even with dry hair...I honestly have never really paid attention or did a pull test while in the shower. I will definitely try that the next time I cleanse as now I am curious if there is a difference for me.

Haha. Thanks!!!!

I usually use a different bra so I calculated based on that but I see what you mean.

When the hair is wet, it hangs so much better. My hair wet and I stretched goes to my shoulder blades but once I get from under the water, it starts to pull up. So when I pull when it's wet, my strands definitely hang lower. It's not inches, but the water and unstreching the Curl a bit definitely make a difference.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Today I straightened my hair. My husband was mesmerized. LOL. I used the Ion Steam Pro Straightening Brush Iron Pro.

I wore my hair in a ponytail braid and trimmed a bit.

Today's method/products:
  1. Prepoo: 60 minutes under HairFlair with NaturalleGrow Mango & Coconut Water DC over DIY CurlyProverbz ayurvedic hair growth oil
  2. Section hair: 6 sections (3 sections on each side) using Goody Updo Barrettes (the small ones)
  3. Detangle: KareCo Tangle Buster Brush with NaturalleGrow Mango & Coconut Water DC over DIY CurlyProverbz ayurvedic hair growth oil
  4. Cleanse: HairPrint Chelating Shampoo
  5. Deep condition: Jakeala Beau Vert Masque
  6. Straighten: Ion Steam Pro Straightening Brush (on 375) using IC Fantasia Hair Polisher Heat Protector Straightening Serum; for each section after the first pass with the ion steam brush, I combed through the hair section with my Kent 16t seamless comb so that on the next pass the ion steam brush would pass through easily
  7. Style: Single ponytail braid (I was in a rush!)
I wasn't going for super duper straight. When I did a pull test on my hair, it hit below my shoulder blades. My hair felt great, healthy, and silky. I'll see if my hair reverts!

If it reverts, my plan is to do twist outs and braid outs on straightened hair going forward.

In the picture below, some short hair is sticking out of the braid and touching my neck. :p I didn't know it.

WP_20170921_004 - Copy.jpg

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Lord!
I have such a long labor & delivery story but I will just get to the point.

I didn't make it to my induction...hell I didn't even make it to the hospital. I ended up delivering at home. By the time the ambulance arrived, the baby's head had crowned and was out...the EMT delivered him the rest of the way in the back of the ambulance parked in my driveway.

He was 6 pounds 15 ounces.

Momma & baby is tired y'all. I'll come back and update more once I'm released from the hospital.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    858.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

faithVA

Lord!
I have such a long labor & delivery story but I will just get to the point.

I didn't make it to my induction...hell I didn't even make it to the hospital. I ended up delivering at home. By the time the ambulance arrived, the baby's head had crowned and was out...the EMT delivered him the rest of the way in the back of the ambulance parked in my driveway.

He was 6 pounds 15 ounces.

Momma & baby is tired y'all. I'll come back and update more once I'm released from the hospital.
Glad you and the baby are well. So the baby is a homebody and doesn't want to leave home? :lol: What a nice delivery story.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@Bunnyhaslonghair Thank you Sis and everyone else for the well wishes! The rest of the story is in the Pregnancy Thread, but to answer your question...they moved me with a stretcher. (Or whatever those rolling beds are called) When I lifted my leg to get on it, I felt a pop and the female EMT yelled "the head has crowned and is out, get her inside the ambulance now". We were already outside waiting for them in my car so they were parked right behind us.

I owe my pain free labor & delivery to @snoop for the thread on red raspberry leaf tea. My experience was peaceful (well aside for the drama at the end lol). My little man says thank you e-auntie!

image.jpg

To push this back about hair:
I had just washed my hair and was doing an overnight DC with Camille Rose Coconut water treatment. Whenever I DC my hair, I always put in in about 10 twists and Bantu know them for full coverage. Welp, rinsing it out never happened. Instead I threw on my slap cap and let the DC airdry. My hair feels amazing. I love discovering shortcuts and new techniques for my hair. Plus my hair is already "styled". The twists are all pulled up in a high bun. I'll untwist them next week for a twistout.

snoop

@Bunnyhaslonghair Thank you Sis and everyone else for the well wishes! The rest of the story is in the Pregnancy Thread, but to answer your question...they moved me with a stretcher. (Or whatever those rolling beds are called) When I lifted my leg to get on it, I felt a pop and the female EMT yelled "the head has crowned and is out, get her inside the ambulance now". We were already outside waiting for them in my car so they were parked right behind us.

I owe my pain free labor & delivery to @snoop for the thread on red raspberry leaf tea. My experience was peaceful (well aside for the drama at the end lol). My little man says thank you e-auntie!

I had just washed my hair and was doing an overnight DC with Camille Rose Coconut water treatment. Whenever I DC my hair, I always put in in about 10 twists and Bantu know them for full coverage. Welp, rinsing it out never happened. Instead I threw on my slap cap and let the DC airdry. My hair feels amazing. I love discovering shortcuts and new techniques for my hair. Plus my hair is already "styled". The twists are all pulled up in a high bun. I'll untwist them next week for a twistout.

I'm trying not to LOL for real, but you're already DC'ing and showing your hair love! You're hard core! (I take my hat off to you!)

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple

View attachment 411597

Good thing it wasn't a henna/indigo day. That would've been messy. Lol! Congrats!

Daina

View attachment 411597

@lulu97, awe Sis congrats and your delicious little man is so handsome with lots of thick pretty hair! Best wishes for a speedy recovery and an uneventful transition home!