Welcome to the 2018 Protective Style Challenge
The purpose of this challenge is simple: To maximize your hair growth through the use of protective styles. This challenge can also be used for those that want to learn new styles or step out of their simple top knot bun or 2 strand twists comfort zone while maintaining the health of their hair. Challenge will run from January 1, 2018 until December 31, 2018.
1. Hair must remain in a protective style for at least 7 days. (exceptions: midweek moisturizing or changing the position of bun to prevent breakage or removing a style that is damaging your hair in any way)
2. Acceptable styles include braids, twists, buns (with your real hair or extensions), sew-ins, phony ponies and wigs. You may use any combination of these styles during the challenge as long as you stick with one for at least 7 days.
3. You are allowed one 14 day pass per quarter for special occasions, to give your hair a break or just because.
4. Check in at least once a week. Let us know what's working and what's not. Feel free to post style inspiration, tutorials, articles, videos, etc.
5. Be willing to post a starting pic, update pic by June 30, 2018 and a final reveal pic by December 31, 2018. Of course you are welcome to post pictures any time you remove a style, reach a milestone or just because. After all...
1. Like this post.
2. Post a starting pic by January 1, 2018.
3. Reply to the following:
- What is your current length?
- What is your end of challenge goal length?
- What styles will you be wearing?
- Give a brief synopsis of how you will care for your hair while it is protected.
- Give a brief synopsis of how you will care for your hair between styles.
- Anything else you'd like to share?