Hip Tbl & Beyond Challenge 2018

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
For some reason the Hairveda deep conditioning masque stopped working so well for me. I used to buy like 8 jars at a time. Now I have to add olive oil and VO5 to make it work at all.

Which reminds me. I think the Qhemet Biologics products that don't work for me are too heavy on the ayurveda and that's drying my hair out.

It did me the same way back in the day. I would have to use it a few times then use another conditioner for a month or two then revisit. I don't have that level of patience anymore for hair products so if it doesn't do me right this go round, I'll gladly pass it on to my sister. I just gifted her my other Hairveda rinse out conditioners yesterday due to their lack of slip. LOL

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I snatched up:
2 Vatika Frostings
1 Jardin oil
2 Deep Conditioning Masques
2 Jardin silken conditioners

A small disclaimer: this used to be my staple line later in my transition. I have been revisiting it as a fully natural head for the past few months. I'm finding that the bulk of the conditioners lack slip on my hair which is a major no-no. They are all uber moisturizing though. The ones I purchased above are ones that I don't mind not having slip as I only plan on using them after henna treatments. Tangles just fall out of my hair after henna, so it would be a non-issue. Just putting that out there just in case you find the conditioners lack slip for you as well.

Many thanks. Do you know if the Red Tea line is any good?

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
It did me the same way back in the day. I would have to use it a few times then use another conditioner for a month or two then revisit. I don't have that level of patience anymore for hair products so if it doesn't do me right this go round, I'll gladly pass it on to my sister. I just gifted her my other Hairveda rinse out conditioners yesterday due to their lack of slip. LOL
Lol, I'm also at a place where I can't bother.

Have you found a ride or die with slip? I just bought about 3 liters of conditioner but there's always room for more. :look:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Many thanks. Do you know if the Red Tea line is any good?

I tried the conditioner and a moisturizer from that line back in my transitioning days and my hair liked both. I have not revisited it as a natural though. The good thing about this big 40% off sale is that you could try a number of things at a really good price, so if they don't work for you...you won't be at a big loss. You never know...your hair might love everything. My sister already tried and loved the 2 conditioners I gave her from Hairveda. :clapping: That just shows how different all of hair responds to stuff. LOL

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Lol, I'm also at a place where I can't bother.

Have you found a ride or die with slip? I just bought about 3 liters of conditioner but there's always room for more. :look:

Yes, I love the Live Clean conditioners. They can be found in Target for around $5. I love all the conditioners from each line but my top two are from the coconut milk line and the hydrating line. They are plant based, super moisturizing, super slippery and they all have at least one form of a hydrolyzed protein so they can be used to deep condition as well. I have used them as rinse out conditioners, bases for my deep conditioners, moisturizers and leave in's. They are so perfect for my hair. And the shampoos are too. I could get by with just using the shampoo and conditioner as my main two products and DIY'ing the rest of my hair care. I've often thought about doing that.....

Taleah2009

Ooou sis https://hairveda.com/VATIKA-FROSTING-p32.html

I would describe it as an Amla infused coconut oil but better lol. I used to use it way back when. It’s great as a pre poo or for scalp massage or even to seal. Need it.....? Depends on what else is in your stash. If she has a good Black Friday sale it may not hurt to try a jar tho. :look: :lol:

Sooo I definitely have 2 jars in my cart and almost everything @ElevatedEnergy posted that she purchased lol:drunk:

I am in serious hair care mode. I want long hair!!!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Woo.

It seems like I'm having some kind of setback, perhaps, from the flat twist out my brother's friend gave me.

She was overconfident! She would not apply product beyond my roots, she twisted very tiny, and she twisted very close to my scalp.

I have tangles, breakage, and shedding.

I'm prepooing under heat, then I'll DC.

I'm considering going in around the end of December and getting a significant trim. It just depends on whether my hair seems to recover or not.

I'm staying positive. I'm focusing on technique and new products that will arrive. I'm not going to live obsessed with every little issue/incident, but rather learn from them quickly and keep it moving and fun and happy.

#2018hairmotto:Iamhappywiththisgorgeoushair

(Can hash tags be long and contain introductions and colons??? :look:)

shanelallyn30

I'm sorry to hear about your setback. That is the reason why no one touches my hair.
But don't worry you will bounce back. like you said learn from it and move forward. My best advice to anyone trying to retain length is to just keep it simple and definitely stay positive like you said.

and hashtags can be as long as you want them to be to get your message across. :)

Woo.

It seems like I'm having some kind of setback, perhaps, from the flat twist out my brother's friend gave me.

She was overconfident! She would not apply product beyond my roots, she twisted very tiny, and she twisted very close to my scalp.

I have tangles, breakage, and shedding.

I'm prepooing under heat, then I'll DC.

I'm considering going in around the end of December and getting a significant trim. It just depends on whether my hair seems to recover or not.

I'm staying positive. I'm focusing on technique and new products that will arrive. I'm not going to live obsessed with every little issue/incident, but rather learn from them quickly and keep it moving and fun and happy.

#2018hairmotto:Iamhappywiththisgorgeoushair

(Can hash tags be long and contain introductions and colons??? :look:)

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I ordered the items below from Hairveda, and I can hardly WAIT to try them. I'm so glad I jumped!
(I had to hit $50 to get free shipping. I was just under and preferred to add another, cheaper product versus putting those funds toward shipping, thus the ends serum. :smile:)

1 - RED TEA ENDS PROTECT SERUM

1 - CREAMY HAIR CLEANSING RINSE

1 - RED TEA GEL SMOOTHIE

1 - RED TEA HEAVY CREAM

2 - VATIKA FROSTING

1 - REDTEA NOURISHING CONDITIONER

Last edited:

tapioca_pudding

The very center/crown of my scalp has been SOOOOOO itchy lately, it’s crazy. I use my DIY oil and it helps momentarily but eventually my scalp returns to an itchy mess. No flakes just itchy. I would love any suggestions on what to try... :nono: I read some women experience this in the third trimester of pregnancy but it’s killing me.

beauti

I hope you all made out good on the sales. By the time I was ready to make my mielle organics purchase she was quick to end the 40% off sale right at midnight :rolleyes: BUT Sally's deal turned out better at 30% off plus free shipping so I got
x5 babassu dc
Oyin juices and berries
Oyin hair dew

Macadamia professional had 50% off entire site (code: HOLIDAY) so I got
Deep repair mask 16oz
Ultra rich moisture travel essential

Today I hit up Indian store and got
Rose water x2
Nupur 9 herbs henna
Navratna cool oil
Neelibhringadi oil (in a coconut oil base contains typical Ayurvedic oils but what caught my attention was the goat milk, cow milk, and she-buffalo milk. Can't wait to try!)

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
The very center/crown of my scalp has been SOOOOOO itchy lately, it’s crazy. I use my DIY oil and it helps momentarily but eventually my scalp returns to an itchy mess. No flakes just itchy. I would love any suggestions on what to try... :nono: I read some women experience this in the third trimester of pregnancy but it’s killing me.
Congratulations on your baby! I love an itchy scalp. My head is itching in 5 spots simultaneous as we speak. I get such a kick out of it....because I'm strange.

Try Sulphur 8!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing

@tapioca_pudding
The cold weather does a number on my scalp and just my skin overall. Here are some things that have helped me in the past:

Warmth. Whatever you use on your scalp, warm it up first. The heat is very soothing.

In a spray bottle with a (mist effect not a spray effect) you can use either one or all together if you have the herbs on hand...it would be a powerhouse!
Warm aloe vera juice
Warm Calendula tea
Warm Rosehip tea
Warm fenugreek tea
Warm rosemary tea

When you oil your scalp, don't just use your applicator bottle. I squirt the oil on the counter, dip my fingers in it, part my hair then "grease" my scalp using a thin layer of the oil. Massage it in warming the scalp with your fingers.

Mist your scalp with the warm tea, "grease" your scalp with the oil then use the warmth of your fingers to finish it off. This routine can provide me relief for up to 4 days.

If you don't have the herbs, I will gladly gift you some. It's my dry scalp blend. LOL

Lastly when it's time to wash, apply your shampoo outside the shower. I apply the same way I oil my scalp. Part my hair, apply a thin layer of the shampoo then massage it in. Leave it on the scalp for 3-5 minutes, then hop in the shower and rinse. This just makes sure I'm really clearing all the dirt and gunk off my scalp. HTH