Hmmm...I'm getting the hair coloring bug...I have Natural hair...what do ya'll think?

BrockStar

I'm bored. I'm thinking about coloring maybe a dark honey color. It would be drastic, but I think I'm welcoming a change. Any stories/thoughts on this? I'm pretty clueless about this and I'd love to hear feedback because of course more than anything I want healthy hair. Should I do temporary? Would a rinse work on my hair? Help meeee :drunk: Thanks!

Rapunzel*

Re: Hmmm...I'm getting the hair coloring bug...I have Natural hair...what do ya'll th

anything would look hot on you ^_^
but id try hot cocoa from natural instincts. ive used the midnight black and it was amazing with lots of shine1 it never dried my hair out either:yep:

this is the color im trying next

pinkchocolatedaisy

Re: Hmmm...I'm getting the hair coloring bug...I have Natural hair...what do ya'll th

Yeah that natural instincts is pretty good. I got the bug too!

danigurl18

i have the color bug too.. i wanna dye it red though! i was thinking about getting it done at aveda

Country gal

I have it too. I think you would look good with the honey color. I don't know what color to get but I know I am tired of my ash black hair color.:perplexed

Girl I got it too, and I'm relaxed.....but I decided to give up the color because I'm relaxed, but IMO, since you are natural, I really don't see nothing wrong with color......you would look good with a light brown or bronze color....I like reds and browns......blonde is ok, but I like golden blonde.....though.....but you would look good with any color....

lilsparkle825

DO IT! that would give us more pics of your hair :sekret:

but seriously i want color too...but just highlights. change is good. i was also thinking of going the aveda route, so i am surprised that natural instincts is getting good reviews.

SoAnxious12

have you seen sudbrock's fotki album? She usually posts on naturallycurly... a color like hers would like nice on you.

BrockStar

Thanks Ya'll! Keep the comments coming!!! Also let me know if you think a particular color would look good on me :)

TheQueenBeeMaya

I'm natural too and the hair coloring bug is bothering me ! idk what color what look good on you, but your hair is GORGEOUS !!!

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men

I got the bug too cant wait till I take these braids out!

Allandra

I'm bored. I'm thinking about coloring maybe a dark honey color. It would be drastic, but I think I'm welcoming a change. Any stories/thoughts on this? I'm pretty clueless about this and I'd love to hear feedback because of course more than anything I want healthy hair. Should I do temporary? Would a rinse work on my hair? Help meeee :drunk: Thanks!
Hey, it sounds like it would be a pretty color.

femalegold

Your hair is beautiful! I've only dyed my hair black.

rsmith

Do any natural ladies have any pics of their hair after natural instincts

PAPRIKA

anything would look hot on you ^_^
but id try hot cocoa from natural instincts. ive used the midnight black and it was amazing with lots of shine1 it never dried my hair out either:yep:

this is the color im trying next
I tried this brand at the beginning of the year. I used the blue box that also comes with the gloss tube. I have never dyed my hair and I wanted something different. I found that with my wash-n-gos that because my hair was all one color it seemed very dense and you couldn't tell curls until you got very close. I read an interview with rachel True (Actress on Half&Half and ThE Craft) where she said she died her natural hair so that it didn't look like one big black puff ball on her head. I decided to give it a try. I went a shade lighter than my own hair and left dye in less than required time but it still came out lighter that I thought it would. Its faded quite a bit now. The next time I get the itch for a new color I think I may give the Dominican Colorshowers a try.

ScandalousBeauty

I can't stop thinking about this!!!!

I did a post on my blog about it. I don't want to color it myself because I am scared to do those kinds of things. But I realized how much I miss my old hair color and I want more!! I'll probably look at some Hair mags today and decide on a color that I like, then take it to my salon and see what she'll charge me. Just gotta make sure that I DC and Moisturize like CRAZY next time. The last time I did it, I wasn't taking care of my hair as best as I should have. :nono:

PAPRIKA

I also wanted to add that I read a thread about naturals and hair dye where it was said that the dye is actually a form of protein. I don't think I have taken any pics since the coloring but I am doing a wash-n-go today and I will try to remember to take a few later.

NikStarrr

Go for it! I'm lightening mine this Spring (my 1 yr BC anniversary). I don't think Natural Instincts will work though when you want to go that light...in the past, I've used Texture & Tones.

I've attached a pic of my light hair in the past--I was texlaxed then.

Attachments

• light hair-incog.JPG
    light hair-incog.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

BrockStar

Go for it! I'm lightening mine this Spring (my 1 yr BC anniversary). I don't think Natural Instincts will work though when you want to go that light...in the past, I've used Texture & Tones.

AHHHHHH Yes! That's what I want!!! Texture and Tones it will be ladies! That looks great! PM-ing you now :) What color is that?

donewit-it

I got the bug too:lachen::lachen::lachen:.

I've used Texture and Tones in the past too with favorable results.

Just a suggestion here, you may need to bottles. I did to get through all that hair.:lick:

NikStarrr

It was Bronze. :) Oh, and you can't tell in that pic, but I only lightened the top half of my head.

TCatt86

NOOOOOO!!! It's so pretty, I want to lighten my hair for the spring so bad but I'm figthing the urge, but this is making want to do it.

danigurl18

Can't wait to see the final results....

BrockStar

is there a semi permanent you all think would work?

Southernbella.

I have the bug too! I'm either going jet black, or brown/honey.

LMBH, that color is gorgeous on you! I think it would look great on you too, Brockstar.

Does it affect your texture at all? I don't want to lose my curl pattern.