Hmmm...I'm getting the hair coloring bug...I have Natural hair...what do ya'll think?

candiel

Re: Hmmm...I'm getting the hair coloring bug...I have Natural hair...what do ya'll th

I have the bug too....I got a few reddish brown highlights just in my crown area last week. I like it but I'm thinking of getting a few more in the front also.

NikStarrr

Re: Hmmm...I'm getting the hair coloring bug...I have Natural hair...what do ya'll th

Thx for the compliments!

I have the bug too! I'm either going jet black, or brown/honey.

LMBH, that color is gorgeous on you! I think it would look great on you too, Brockstar.

Does it affect your texture at all? I don't want to lose my curl pattern.

Not sure, since I was texlaxed then. I've been wearing my hair black for 2 years since then.

The T&T color doesn't contain bleach, just the peroxide to lighten, so it wasn't too harsh, which I'm hoping means it won't alter my natural texture by much, if at all.

Kurly K

ive got the bug too i usually get it every 6 months lol not good, im thinkin of doing an all over natural brown!.... but i think ud b pretty in an auburn color with mayb sum highlights...ive heard that aveda does a wonderful job with color as well

TCatt86

I think the Textures and Tones line has been discontinued.

SimpleBrooklyn

I love your hair. I hope you let that bug bite...so we can see pics:)

rsmith

Go for it! I'm lightening mine this Spring (my 1 yr BC anniversary). I don't think Natural Instincts will work though when you want to go that light...in the past, I've used Texture & Tones.

I've attached a pic of my light hair in the past--I was texlaxed then.

Is this color with texture and tones? Pretty color

alopeciagrl

I say go for it, your hair is beautiful!

chocolate01

I say do it. I got highlightes about 2 years and I loved them. I am planning on having it done again in the next few weeks.

donewit-it

I think your right but you can normally find it in "da hood" BSS. They don't sell it at the more commercial shopping stores

gymfreak336

Looks like everyone is getting the color bug :happydance:

GoingNatural

I'm getting the color bug too. I'm trying to wait until I reach my goal length. I've been wondering where you've been. You've had amazing progress and your hair looks SO great.

Rapunzel*

i want to color my hair again too:yep:
im thinking maybe red or golden brown/ honey color.

AsTheCurlzTurns

I'm bored. I'm thinking about coloring maybe a dark honey color. It would be drastic, but I think I'm welcoming a change. Any stories/thoughts on this? I'm pretty clueless about this and I'd love to hear feedback because of course more than anything I want healthy hair. Should I do temporary? Would a rinse work on my hair? Help meeee :drunk: Thanks!
Well I'm seeing you're leaning more to the permanent side of coloring, so the only thing I can say is make sure you up your DCing game. :)

Go for it! I'm lightening mine this Spring (my 1 yr BC anniversary). I don't think Natural Instincts will work though when you want to go that light...in the past, I've used Texture & Tones.

I've attached a pic of my light hair in the past--I was texlaxed then.
That color came out really beautiful on you!!

Are you serious????? I've been using this line for quite awhile now. :(

I think your right but you can normally find it in "da hood" BSS. They don't sell it at the more commercial shopping stores
I think you might be right on the bolded, it's first place I go to when getting my color. I never paid attention to it being sold elsewhere but there. Darn now I've gotta find something else to replace my T&T now! :cry2:

TCatt86

Well I'm seeing you're leaning more to the permanent side of coloring, so the only thing I can say is make sure you up your DCing game. :)

That color came out really beautiful on you!!

Are you serious????? I've been using this line for quite awhile now. :(

I think you might be right on the bolded, it's first place I go to when getting my color. I never paid attention to it being sold elsewhere but there. Darn now I've gotta find something else to replace my T&T now! :cry2:

Yeah I think so...When you go to the clairol website the textures and tones link is no longer active. I told my mama she needs to go and rack up on what they are currently selling because that's the only thing that works on her hair. She tried that basalm color and had an allergic reaction she wound up looking like quasimodo by the head. :lachen:

Ramya

I had the bug and I went ahead and did it. My hair is like a toffee color now. I really like it :yep:

AsTheCurlzTurns

Yeah I think so...When you go to the clairol website the textures and tones link is no longer active. I told my mama she needs to go and rack up on what they are currently selling because that's the only thing that works on her hair. She tried that basalm color and had an allergic reaction she wound up looking like quasimodo by the head. :lachen:
Sigh, you're right, I went to the website and seen that now. Well I just don't know what will work as good as T&T did now, unless I'm able to go and stock up on some today or order from beautyofnewyork.com. But thanks for the heads up on this though!

I had the bug and I went ahead and did it. My hair is like a toffee color now. I really like it :yep:

Girl that came out so cute!!! I love the color and curls! What brand/color did you use for it to come out looking toffee like?

blackbarbie

Brockstar,
Whatever color you decide would be absolutely fierce on your hair simply because you have that type of face AND hair!! I really like the color LuvMyBigHair posted. For myself, I lean towards the bronzes, caramels, coppers, etc. I had mine colored 2 weeks ago but think I would like just a few more lighter highlights as well.

If your hair is already healthy, the only think you would need to do is just up your deep conditioning game and you will be absolutely fine.

Hurry up and get it colored so we can see pics!

jetbeauty09

Go for it! I did it and I didn't experience any breakage from the color. I'm thinking of redoing it in a few months. Any color would look on you!

jetbeauty09

Go for it! I did it and I didn't experience any breakage from the color. I'm thinking of redoing it in a few months. Any color would look good on you!

Ramya

Sigh, you're right, I went to the website and seen that now. Well I just don't know what will work as good as T&T did now, unless I'm able to go and stock up on some today or order from beautyofnewyork.com. But thanks for the heads up on this though!

Girl that came out so cute!!! I love the color and curls! What brand/color did you use for it to come out looking toffee like?

Thanks, i think I used Dark and Lovely in Auburn? I can't even remember and I just did it last month. :blush: I haven't had any dryness or anything either.