Holy Smooches

Iwanthealthyhair67

Pastor cajoles flock into kissing-fest
By ANNIE KARNI
Source: NYPost.com

It’s Our Lady of Spin the Bottle.

Pastor Maurice Johnson of the Winners Church in Queens delivers the sexiest Sunday sermon in town, preaching on how to keep romance alive in marriage — and then asking congregants to make out in a passionate, public kissing contest during the service.

The parishioners with the most passion — and tongue-wagging — win $50 to spend on date night.

“Your bedroom and your love life are fires that must be nurtured and fought for,” Johnson preaches in a booming voice that reverberates through the makeshift church in the PS 38 gym in Rosedale, Queens.

HELAYNE SEIDMAN

HOLY SMOOCH: Pastor Maurice Johnson actively encourages his flock to be amorous, and they are making out just fine.

HELAYNE SEIDMAN
Pastor Maurice Johnson

“Use the power of touch to ignite passion in your marriage,” Johnson tells his giggling, nondenominational congregation of 75.

He adds, “You should be visually stimulated for your husband or your wife. It is your biblical responsibility to look good for your spouse.”

Johnson then calls upon four married couples to rise and approach the pulpit.

As a keyboardist and a drummer ooze R&B tunes such as “I Like It” by DeBarge, the couples demonstrate their passion — by locking lips, hips and tongues for a seemingly endless five minutes.

When they come up for air, the rest of the churchgoers choose a winner by clapping for the most amorous couple.

Johnson, 39, told The Post he chose to deliver a series of sermons, titled “The Power and Pleasure of Romance,” to underscore the importance of marriage in the African-American community.

“Some people were like, ‘It seems strange to do at church,’ ” he said, “but they thought it was very creative.”

Keeping a romantic partnership ticking, he said, depends on showering your spouse with physical affection.

“God created a desire for love and romance,” Johnson said.
The face-sucking had some churchgoers blushing.

“You see kissing in all kinds of contexts, but you don’t necessarily see it in a marriage context,” said Frantz Cochy, 39, who won the contest when he seemed to forget that he was in front of a crowded room and hungrily embraced his wife of 13 years, Makeetah, 36.

“I wasn’t embarrassed, but I guess I felt a little awkward,” he said.
Olaiya Ayani, 33, had to cajole his wife, Ayanna, to stand up and play tonsil hockey in front of the packed room. But once on stage, the couple wrapped their arms around each other and didn’t hold back.

“My father and my mother never showed affection in public,” said Ayani, who met his wife two years ago on Craigslist. “I told myself, ‘I’m going to be more affectionate to my wife.’ ”

The pastor said he encourages married couples to drop their guard and experiment with each other in public.

“Any society that celebrates marriage, romance and love is going to be a free society,” Johnson said. “Public displays of affection aren’t wrong. Adam and Eve were naked, and they were not ashamed.”

The bachelor pastor says he’ll practice what he preaches next year, when he expects to marry.

lilanie

Repulsed and disppointed in that preacher...

Wouldn't that type of explicit dialogue be better suited for private marital/pagan counseling?

Smh

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Holy Smooches are not even the 'words' for this....

Something about this is very much out of order. If this was a "Marriage Seminar" (such as a 'MARRIED Man and Wife - Couples Retreat'), I could see this being a part of the seminar.

But as part of a 'Worship Service'.... No... No.... No... :nono: Just No... :nono:

I'm getting so tired of these preachers who 's-t-r-e-t-c-h' the mercies of God just a little too far.

And I'm not even a prude :gorgeous: Not by any means. :look: :giggle:

LucieLoo12

I just dont see how sticking your tongue down your spouse throat in the church can enhance your marriage???? I just dont see it

Im not married, so married ladies am i missing something??

Shimmie

Staff member

Who dat' man, 'Harpo' ... "Harpo" who dat man.... ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That' gif is just how I feel, too. :yep: Alicia you chose the right gif. :up:

OOOOOOOOohhhhhhhhhhh Le Sigh, Le Sigh, Le Sigh.....

And you know what the bigger problem is? Nobody can say anything to this preacher about being so wrong with this. He will get 'instantly' obnoxious and rebellious and preach a sermon on how folks don't 'get him' and whatever else to defend his mess.

Where's my bat? :bat:

Iwanthealthyhair67

I felt the same way, that perhaps it could be beneficial to couples in a marriage seminar...but the Pastor is unmarried...

No to mention there are other things said in the article that are shady...

Holy Smooches are not even the 'words' for this....

Something about this is very much out of order. If this was a "Marriage Seminar" (such as a 'MARRIED Man and Wife - Couples Retreat'), I could see this being a part of the seminar.

But as part of a 'Worship Service'.... No... No.... No... :nono: Just No... :nono:

I'm getting so tired of these preachers who 's-t-r-e-t-c-h' the mercies of God just a little too far.

And I'm not even a prude :gorgeous: Not by any means. :look: :giggle:

LucieLoo12

What about the singles in the congregation that may have been struggling with lust, and wanting to be married...this could have given them mindbattles watching this ......

Shimmie

Staff member
I just dont see how sticking your tongue down your spouse throat in the church can enhance your marriage???? I just dont see it

He's being carnal to the highest level of ignorance. He needs to stop watching x-rated movies and late night cable.

The only tongues that should be allowed in a Worship service are tongues of prayer and praises unto God. What about folks who come to Service who need salvation, healing, or to hear a Word from God? A 'Holy' Word?

This is just straight up carnality.

Shimmie

Staff member
What about the singles in the congregation that may have been struggling with lust, and wanting to be married...this could have given them mindbattles watching this ......

Exactly Alicia... Exactly ! ! !

They see this mess all the time outside of Church. They don't need to see it IN Church as part of a worship service.

I hope this preacher isn't in sexual sin. He may be using this as a sexual outlet. There's simply no justification for this. None. :nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
I felt the same way, that perhaps it could be beneficial to couples in a marriage seminar...but the Pastor is unmarried...

No to mention there are other things said in the article that are shady...

This is what causes a reproach towards the Church and it's not good. :nono:

LucieLoo12

All these statements sends alarm

He adds, “You should be visually stimulated for your husband or your wife. It is your biblical responsibility to look good for your spouse.”

Biblical, if this is biblical can someone please provide scripture. its ok to say to look nice for your spouse, but did he have to say its biblical??

As a keyboardist and a drummer ooze R&B tunes such as “I Like It” by DeBarge, the couples demonstrate their passion — by locking lips, hips and tongues for a seemingly endless five minutes.

Worldy music in the church house! :blush:
Jesus!!! 5 mins...thats a lllooonng time to watch someone kissing!!

“Some people were like, ‘It seems strange to do at church,’ ” he said,

His congregation didnt even feel comfortable

“My father and my mother never showed affection in public,” said Ayani, who met his wife two years ago on Craigslist. “I told myself, ‘I’m going to be more affectionate to my wife.’ ”

Enough said

The pastor said he encourages married couples to drop their guard and experiment with each other in public.

Experiment in public?? WHat???

Adam and Eve were naked, and they were not ashamed.”

He is so carnal, he has no understanding of why Adam and Eve were naked, all he see is that they were naked

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Naw... you're not missing a beat. :lol:

I wouldn't participate in something like this and it involves money and a secular song, too? SMH
They are promoting pure entertainment.. and exhibitionism... reminds me of Juanita Bynum and her ex.. :look: No one is disputing sex, love and affection in marriage..but this, IMHO, perverts it. God is Love... you can't convince me that a man who can suck the tonsils out of his wife better than another man loves his wife more than the other guy. That is such nonsense!

Check this out:

The pastor says:

“Some people were like, ‘It seems strange to do at church,’ ” he said, “but they thought it was very creative.”

A participating husband says:

I wasn’t embarrassed, but I guess I felt a little awkward,” he said.

If anything is right, it won't feel awkward. Think of it this way: Awkward means "lack of grace"

God is the Creator. The devil is creat-ive.

Last edited:

Goombay_Summer

His choice of music selection is slightly troubling he might as well add Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross, Rick James, among others to the line up because he is quickly head down a slipper embankment, I guess it is not a stretch to say that I could see his marriage seminars being held at the Strip club.

Shimmie

Staff member
His choice of music selection is slightly troubling he might as well add Marvin Gaye, Luther Vandross, Rick James, among others to the line up because he is quickly head down a slipper embankment,

I guess it is not a stretch to say that I could see his marriage seminars being held at the Strip club.

Or one of these in every aisle...

:poledancer:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Mother: How was church today? Did you pray for me?
Me: Well, I couldn't really get around to it. We watched a bunch of couples make out in front of everyone and then voted on who was the most into it.
Mother: Whaaa??? :spinning:

I feel bad for the other congregants. Who wants to sit there watch other people tongue kiss? Ew. The only time people want to watch other people being deeply amorous is when, well...you know... Again, ew.

With respect to the pastor, I think sometimes people just don't think before they do things. Every idea that pops into one's head is not to be acted on.

More gifs please. There's a whole range of emotions to be expressed here!

If anything is right, it won't feel awkward. Think of it this way: Awkward means "lack of grace"

I really like this. I think I'll keep it. :)

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Oh no he didn't misuse one of my favorite Marriage scriptures... Genesis 2:25

Adam and Eve were naked, and they were not ashamed.”

Oh! It's on! :fistshake:

This preacher purposely failed to mention that Adam and Eve were the only two people walking the earth AND they were covered by the 'Glory of God'. After they sinned, God then 'covered' them in clothing that He made for them.

Now see, this man is just way off track and it needs to stop. :nono:

I can understand a husband and wife holding hands, showing 'light' affection in public. However, there are some acts of affection which are just private and nobody else's business.