Holy Smooches

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
awww.. you know that dress is from the Church Gurl line :lol:

In my defense, she is a member of his congregation as noted by the fact that she is sitting in a pew and she also wearing the Little house on the Prairie dress to complete her church lady look. :grin:

Iwanthealthyhair67

I'll post and let you see

Awwwwwwwwww, but what about Switch's "I Call your name"? Change the words ~ super powerful, in fact in one of these threads i testified about how I was crying out to God and that song came on/in full, "out of the blue". And then "I do love you" (the GQ version)...

Goombay_Summer

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
There's a Christian parody band - AplogetiX - that's doing this...
Here's a sample:

La Bible

^^girl thats nothing there is this Pastor that sings re-made secular music on the pulpit...putting a Holy spin on it....but the people in the congregation look like they singing the secular version ...idk

LongTimeComing

I saw some women (who had no rhythmn, shape, nor coordination) doing some kinda of a dance (in leotards) to a 'christianized' version of Beyonce's Single Ladies. *side eyes the dance team and the pastor*

It was a cute idea, but they were rump shaking, off beat, in the pulpit, in leotards like it was ok.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I saw some women (who had no rhythmn, shape, nor coordination) doing some kinda of a dance (in leotards) to a 'christianized' version of Beyonce's Single Ladies. *side eyes the dance team and the pastor*

It was a cute idea, but they were rump shaking, off beat, in the pulpit, in leotards like it was ok.

Is Jesus not enough for these folkeszzz' :cry:

We come to Church to worship God and to get away from all of 'dat' mess.

Ai yi yi ... yi yi... Homin'nah, chevor'let
Now he's making me break out in tongues. The holy kind. :look:

:lol:

Guitarhero

"tonsil hockey" :lachen:

Well, I'm all for churches that teach couples how to have more loving relationships, including more fulfilling sex. It's an important part of marriage. Dunno if I would agree with smooching in public, though...but to each his denominational own. If it works and people's needs are being met spiritually, then kudos to the pastor.

Is Jesus not enough for these folkeszzz' :cry:

We come to Church to worship God and to get away from all of 'dat' mess.

Ai yi yi ... yi yi... Homin'nah, chevor'let
Now he's making me break out in tongues. The holy kind. :look:

:lol:

I just roared with laughter...:hide: better contain myself lest I get into trouble.:lol:

Iwanthealthyhair67

we're not all so well coordinated to keep rhythm or sing perfectly but we must all be on 'one' accord...singing off key and dancing off beat God could get glory out of that when one is genuine and has a sincere heart, kwim

single ladies no matter what version of that they play that can never be appropriate for church...lol, (not of humour)

Shimmie

Staff member
"tonsil hockey" :lachen:

Well, I'm all for churches that teach couples how to have more loving relationships, including more fulfilling sex. It's an important part of marriage. Dunno if I would agree with smooching in public, though...but to each his denominational own. If it works and people's needs are being met spiritually, then kudos to the pastor.

I just roared with laughter...:hide: better contain myself lest I get into trouble.:lol:

:lol: :lachen: :lol: I think we all in trouble in this thread. :rofl:

Actually, it's an 'after schock' we're having. This unbelievable and inconceivable to be a part of a worship service. :thud:

LongTimeComing

we're not all so well coordinated to keep rhythm or sing perfectly but we must all be on 'one' accord...singing off key and dancing off beat God could get glory out of that when one is genuine and has a sincere heart, kwim

single ladies no matter what version of that they play that can never be appropriate for church...lol, (not of humour)

I do agree. I should have qualified that statement a little bit. God can get the glory from babies singing in the key of z flat. However, I do believe things should be in proper order- practicing before you get up on stage to do a choreographed dance isn't a bad thing.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I get you totally ...

I do agree. I should have qualified that statement a little bit. God can get the glory from babies singing in the key of z flat. However, I do believe things should be in proper order- practicing before you get up on stage to do a choreographed dance isn't a bad thing.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Well, thanks for the laughs ladies. Your humor brightened my day.

Sent from my LS670 using LS670

Shimmie

Staff member
I ain't never....

DeBarge in church!!! May as well turn off the lights and get on down through there with it!

Trying to take some horse boo boo and lay Jesus on top of it like it's ok...

Perhaps he thought 'L' Debarge was one of names of God....

However, EL Shaddai, it ain't and never will be.:nono::nono::nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
^^^ :rofl3:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I'll be up all night cooking Laela. It's a wonder what I may end up posting.

The Christian forum was something else today with these thread topics. :lol: I'm still tryna' get past LisaRae and Noel Jones....

:giggle: Sorry, it's the spices for the sweet potato pies... :look:

Last edited:

brg240

umm :/ I don't really have a problem with a pastor decided to say kiss your spouse but makeout for 5 minutes and then i have to judge them. No gracias. Maybe at a couples retreat (but really even then :/ i'm not sure i'm cool with everyone making out like that)

I'd have been put off if i was a member. Oh my, could you imagine if you were a visitor and saw this?

Shimmie

Staff member
umm :/ I don't really have a problem with a pastor decided to say kiss your spouse but makeout for 5 minutes and then i have to judge them. No gracias. Maybe at a couples retreat (but really even then :/ i'm not sure i'm cool with everyone making out like that)

I'd have been put off if i was a member. Oh my, could you imagine if you were a visitor and saw this?

I agree and also what about the children who saw this? Many parents keep their children in the sanctuary with them during service.

This is not Godly wisdom with this Pastor.

brg240

I agree and also what about the children who saw this? Many parents keep their children in the sanctuary with them during service.

This is not Godly wisdom with this Pastor.

see, when i was little my parents used to cover my eyes when there was something we shouldn't see. You shouldn't have to do that in a church.

About 10 years ago my parents did a marriage renewal ceremony for all the married couples that were at our church. Most of the people were good but one couple were making out and I was like really, that's too much :nono: I mean they were going home with the person.

oh and happy thanksgiving shimmie. :)

Shimmie

Staff member
see, when i was little my parents used to cover my eyes when there was something we shouldn't see. You shouldn't have to do that in a church.

About 10 years ago my parents did a marriage renewal ceremony for all the married couples that were at our church. Most of the people were good but one couple were making out and I was like really, that's too much :nono: I mean they were going home with the person.

oh and happy thanksgiving shimmie. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Angel. :giveheart:

And you are so right. God says to let not our 'good' be evil spoken of. While it may be 'good' for married couples to be afectionate, 'making out' is a private thing, hence the term, "get a room' :yep:. There are levels of affection which are and should always remain private between man and wife.