Hot Air Brush to Blow Out Roots

ayoung

id like to know too. blackcardinal had great results with an air brush on the entire length of her hair.

ladylibra

i used to use one of those back when i was relaxed... except it didnt' have boar bristles. it was like big thick plastic spikes... well i don't know how to describe it... :perplexed but it worked great. i didn't even know that a Dominican blowout was back then :lol: but basically that's what i was doing!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I have a Revlon one like that and I love it. I put my maxiglide on the back burner for that thing. I use it to blow out my roots when I roller set and it works good for that. You just have to watch the temperature of the base because it does get really hot. I didn't know it got that hot until I touched it one day because you can't feel the heat when you're using it.

KiniKakes

I think it would be fine! I get my roots (only) blown out every week after my rollerset and although Ive never used that tool in particular, it seems as though it would work just fine. The Dominicans use either a small to medium sized brush, or a fine toothed comb, along with a funnelled blowdryer. I prefer when they use the fine-toothed comb on my roots, but each stylist has her own preference. Either way, that brush looks perfect because u are simply eliminating one step and making it easier. Also nice that its so small so you have better control and can focus JUST on the roots.

Good luck!

PinkPebbles

Thanks for posting...I'm going to have to try this. I think it may be better on the roots than a flat iron.

UPDATE - I bought the 3/4 inch hot air brush and it worked really well UNTIL it blew out on me! It was on for about 5 min straight of the box. Not sure if it overheated or what but when I turned it off, i could not turn it back on again.

Figuring it the coils may have gotten too hot, I put it in the freezer for 3 min to cool it down - and nothing.

So I give this two thumbs down. (The same thing happend to me with another blower brush - it was a much larger barrel though and a different brand) Maybe this is a common occurance with these.

This happen to anyone else?

ayoung

I've been using one for about a month and a half (I think revlon) and I haven't had any problems with it.

Got it at target for $15.

blackbarbie

I didn't even know they made these!!! My eyes have now been opened wide:eek:

A few days ago, I let the dominicans dry me and blow my whole head out (first time letting them do this; just wanted to see the overall condition of my hair and the length) and I saw them using their brush and was trying to figure how i could maneuver this on my own just to blow out my roots. I know I am "heat device challenged":lol: b/c I can't even chew gum and walk at the same time so I know good and well I wouldn't be able to hold a blow dryer and a brush in my hands at the same time:lol:

If I continue with my rollersets and just blow out the roots with one of these things (instead of trying to use my maxiglide - that perplexes me too:confused: ), all my prayers may be answered!

Thanks for the eye opener ladies!!!!!!

ETA: Can someone that has one post their technique step by step for straightening the roots only? And which is better, the one with the wire bristles or the boar bristles (does the boar bristled one come in electric?)

Last edited:

IMFOCSD

SerenityBreeze said:
UPDATE - I bought the 3/4 inch hot air brush and it worked really well UNTIL it blew out on me! It was on for about 5 min straight of the box. Not sure if it overheated or what but when I turned it off, i could not turn it back on again.

Figuring it the coils may have gotten too hot, I put it in the freezer for 3 min to cool it down - and nothing.

So I give this two thumbs down. (The same thing happend to me with another blower brush - it was a much larger barrel though and a different brand) Maybe this is a common occurance with these.

This happen to anyone else?

Since it worked well for you (for the little time it did work) are you going to try a different brand? I am very interested in this and would like to try this method. For the ladies that have a hot air brush which one are you using and how do you rate it?

Thanks sweetcoco;)

Cleve_gryl

After reading Serenity's post, I went to Sally's to investigate :look: I found this one, which was $16.99 with my Sally's card.

It gets super hot, but doesn't need to be on high to get the roots straight after a rollerset. I would have to say that this worked REALLY well for me. I just lifted a couple small sections at a time and touched up the roots only, like I was bumping with a regular curler.

IMFOCSD

Cleve_gryl said:
After reading Serenity's post, I went to Sally's to investigate :look: I found this one, which was $16.99 with my Sally's card.

It gets super hot, but doesn't need to be on high to get the roots straight after a rollerset. I would have to say that this worked REALLY well for me. I just lifted a couple small sections at a time and touched up the roots only, like I was bumping with a regular curler.

Hughm, I may have to try this. :yep: