Hot Buns Hair Accessory...

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I ordered it today. It'll be here in 2-6 weeks.

There are 2 infomercials, one with 3 sizes offered and one with only two. I ordered the one with 3 sizes.

Currently hating Android typos...

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
HAIRapy
Interesting. I like the idea that it can curl your hair as a result of wearing it. If you like the results, please share your pictures!

EnExitStageLeft

That infomercial is hilarious......"I got big buns and I like it *does weird wiggle" :lachen:.

It does seem like like a good idea though, but I'm afraid of the material it made of. Do you guys think it would be drying to the hair?

kimpaur

I've honestly seen someone do this on Youtube with a sockbun I think? When they took it out the next morning they had beautiful curls.It seems like it might be easier this way though.

NaiyaAi

kimpaur Do you remember which video it was? My hair comes out looking crazy when I take it out of my sock bun.

Does anyone know what these things are made of, and how much they cost?

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
That infomercial is hilarious......"I got big buns and I like it *does weird wiggle" :lachen:.

It does seem like like a good idea though, but I'm afraid of the material it made of. Do you guys think it would be drying to the hair?

Yes, the infomercial is super goofy lol! I don't know about the material its made out of. I'm thinking maybe like a mesh roller- they said it's a breathable material. I'll let you guys know.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
I've honestly seen someone do this on Youtube with a sockbun I think? When they took it out the next morning they had beautiful curls.It seems like it might be easier this way though.

I think I remember seeing that video.
You probably can with a sock bun. I just like the fact that you can roll it and snap it without a bunch of tugging/pulling. Also, with the seller, the ends would be smooth and uniformly curled... I'm thinking.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
kimpaur Do you remember which video it was? My hair comes out looking crazy when I take it out of my sock bun.

They're $10 for 3 (or 2 depending on the infomercial you catch) plus 7.95 and you get an extra set for free, but you have to pay 7.95 shipping. In total, you get 6- 2 of each size for $25.90 total. I got the second set. I plan on putting my hair into multiple buns before bed and having curls in the morning. Hopefully it'll workout like that when they get here.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Oh, cute! I really like that. I really like the idea of the 3 sizes so you can change the look :yep: I want one!

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
For anyone who wants the number for the 3-size pack, the number is:

There was a different number and different infomercial for the 2-size pack.

leiah

http://youtu.be/3FV-YO46E8Y

I could do this with a lot of difficulty and have it come out right a small percentage of the time when I was around BSL. Now it's easier but still a struggle. This is how I do all my sock buns though because it gives me a huge, nice looking bun

I get the same effect but much easier with one of those long donuts with snaps on the ends from the Beauty supply store. Same idea as hot buns but it cost like $2

I'll be interested in trying hot buns if people have good things to say about the material it's made of and if it's ventilated or something to help your hair dry.

I'd like to try a bunch of the small ones all over my head. I've been thinking of doing it with baby socks :drunk:

kimpaur

@kimpaur Do you remember which video it was? My hair comes out looking crazy when I take it out of my sock bun.

Yes, it was called "How to curl your hair with a sock", there are actually lots of videos like it on Youtube, its a pretty cool trick

koolkittychick

LOL, I just saw the two minute version of this infomercial for the first time today, and thought, now that sounds intriguing! I will wait for a review before I buy though, because I am a little leery of the material it appears to be make out of. if it's anything like a standard foam roller (and it looks a lot like it is), then it's a no go for my hair, as mine gets snagged all to hell on those things, and the curls turn out crinkly and frizzy if I try to get the tension right on them. Will be curious to see that the ladies who ordered this think.

ellebelle88

I'm not sure if this will work on my natural hair...but if the reviews are good, I wouldn't mind trying it.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
So I secretly tried to do a sock bun last night using a looser-fitting stock because again, I don't want tight pulling on my hair. I was trying to see if I could get the curls I wanted without trying this new product... It was an epic fail. I have one sorry-looking slight bend at the end of my hair. :lol:

kimpaur

So I secretly tried to do a sock bun last night using a looser-fitting stock because again, I don't want tight pulling on my hair. I was trying to see if I could get the curls I wanted without trying this new product... It was an epic fail. I have one sorry-looking slight bend at the end of my hair. :lol:

Yeah, on youtube the lady did some kind of trick to roll in along her hair some kinda way, not just bun it, its a little confusing...I might try it some day if I straighten and when my hair is a lot longer.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Dang it! I just washed out my flat iron. I think I could've done what the youtube girl did. I'm not straightening for a while though.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Ok, so my account was charged and for the right amount- I was worried about that. Anyway, they said that, they charge you when they ship. Unfortunately, they don't send shipping confirmation/tracking. Hopefully I'll get it soon.

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
They were delivered today WOOTWOOT! The one thing I noticed is that the ones that came were dark brown, not black like I ordered. I have one in my hair right now- the dark brown can be covered with my hair, but I'd rather have the black. The snaps are different too.

I'll follow up with my results in the morning. I'll also post pics of them and my curls tomorrow.

Another thing, snapping it is good enough, you don't need to pull and wrap the elastic around it. I think you only need that if your hair is super fine/soft.

Also, it does make a cute bun! :yep: Also, if you have thick hair, you can probably skip the step where you put your hair in a ponytail first because once you roll it, it's very secure.

I may not need all of these, depending on my results, so I may sell a few. I'll let y'all know. I'm going to call the company tomorrow though to see the possibility of getting them in black.

Sent from this Galaxy!!

Last edited: