Hot Oil Treatments in 2012?

blackberry815

So I just realized I probably haven't done one of these in 10 years. Does anyone still do hot oil treatments? is your hair greasy and/or weighed down after? How do you do yours?

I have become pretty faithful with doing hot oil treatments. I use olive oil or Vatika oil. I use a small spray bottle that I get from Walmart and spray my hair down the entire length in four sections. This gives me a light but through coating to my hair. I massage my scalp for a minute or so. I wrap my head with a warm moist hand towel, cover it with a plastic cap and put on my heating cap. After 15 to 20 minutes, I wash it out and condition my hair.

I do it every once in a while with Hot Six Oil under the steamer. My hair is extremely prone to dryness so this helps during the winter months!

Thanks for reminding me i usually just prepoo with my oils but i may do one this weekend before i wash and DC

I do one occasionally with either safflower or sunflower oil. Both are very light oils and do not leave my hair feeling greasy.

I prepoo with warmed jojoba oil over night. It's a very light oil and doesn't weigh my hair down. I do this every 2 weeks and my hair and scalp feel great afterward!

I just add the oil to my deep conditioner and sit under the dryer. Would that not be the same thing? And it eliminates that extra step.

I guess thats another question... What is the difference between prepooing with oil, hot oil treatments or just adding oil to your deep conditioner? How does the hair react differently from using the three different methods..

I actually do oil rinses which, to me, is the new way of doing hot oil treatments. Hot oil treatments are so 1990, and never worked on my hair. But oil rinses, brings hot oil to another level :)

Back